It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Americans Died at Occupy Protests Than in Afghanistan Today. (11/10)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

More Americans Died at Occupy Protests Than in Afghanistan Today Read more:

nation.foxnews.com...

^^Honestly, wtf kind of headline is that? I shutter to think it's even the title of this thread, but really... I don't get that. There is really no nice way to describe, how f***ing retarded that sounds. I am aware of the Occupy shootings, and it's extremely unfortunate... but, (headline?) Seriously?, I don't have much else to say about it... I just wanted to spread this real quick. (It speaks for itself.)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I wonder how many innocent civilians got killed today in all the countries that America is at war with.
The last thing they should do is be comparing death statistics because we all know who kills the most; the US puppet government.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

No one was taking OWS seriously when the media was ignoring it, no one is taking them seriously now that the media is demonizing them.

This video is pretty popular on ATS, but it explains how a lot of us feel.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Sourcereply to post by iunlimited491

Of course it is horrible that these shootings occurred, but the one at Oakland apparently did not involve the protesters at all, and it sounds like the one in Burlington was a suicide.

What bothers me the most though, is the tone of the articles by Faux News. Both are obviously slanted to make it appear as if there is something nefarious occurring in the camps that caused these deaths.

Lucas, who described himself as a licensed vocational nurse who attended City College in San Francisco
Source

Come on, that would be easy to verify, they say it like it maybe he is lying, and if a 'real' nurse had been there then the person shot would have lived to tell the tale.

Are they hiding something? Did Occupy Oakland kill this man? Video at 11.

Get real Faux News, REPORT THE NEWS, DON'T TRY TO MAKE IT!!!

Ahh, just wasting some keyboarding, I guess.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Fox HATES OWS because OWS is against allowing companies to ship jobs off-shore, and defer taxes off-shore...which is EXACTLY what Fox is doing in Panama. And we all know how Fox influences politicians, so it's only natural that they don't want to lose their jobs as one of the puppet masters...

Not sure why anyone would watch Fox though, you'd have to be a moron given how blatantly they misinform viewers

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
More people died making potty than there were OWS protesters, last week.

To tie the two together is an insult to those in Afghanistan.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
While we're playing the numbers game...

Did you know that over the past 10 years, more people died in Congo alone than in WW2 and Iraq/Afghanistan combined? Every single month, as many people die there as during the Mexican drug was in a single year.

As for OWS, those claiming it's a "small movement" are obviously dellusional. Gallup showed that public support is higher than for the Tea Party for crying out loud

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I think Afghanistan is an insult to OWS. The Afghan war is wrong on all levels, OWS has good intentions and is a step in the right direction.

I find it odd that people on here consider OWS to be more objective than the Afghan war.

I know OWS isn't perfect and has a lot of idiots that don't even know what they are there for. But there are a lot of good people with a message that needs to be heard.

OWS has a long way to go, part of that journey is to get organized but to not let the ranks get hijacked by government inserts.

I have a feeling that OWS will fizzle out soon due to winter creeping up on us and the police shutting down all the camps. But it will come back with a vengeance next spring if the globalists haven't started some new hype like a real world war or pandemic.
edit on 11-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: word displacement

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

That's FOX News Spin for you. I expect nothing less from them. It doesn't matter that the killings were unrelated to the protests... Truth? Who needs the truth when you can spin like a top?

Do people actually watch FOX anymore?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

People are protesting and even dying in the fight for freedom and equality the world over. Afghanistan and here in the US. Wouldn't we be wimps if we left all the fighting to our young men and women in the service? Democracy must be preserved, protected fought over and sometimes you have to die for it. God bless our vets and bring them home to their families alive and well. I respect and applaud all the OWS Americans who are participating in the protest and doing their part at home, to help get the message across, "we want this conflict to end and our young people out of Afghanistan and home with their families where they belong. "

edit on 11-11-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Agree...Idiotic Headline for Fox....Here are a few questions...

The muder rate for the US stands at around 16,000 per year..

How does that compare to Afghanistan troop losses?

More specifically...the murder rate in Oakland is 115 people per year...about one every three days.

With the OWS on the streets, essentially creating a mass of the public witnesses and observers on the streets...

has the crime rate actually DROPPED in Oakland since the protests began? I strongly suspect it has.

Take a look at the crime rates in Oakland BEFORE the protests and then consider that national news has pounced on every incident since OWS began..

OWS has reduced crime in Oakland...It's just that the news is reporting on any crime that occurs there now.

www.neighborhoodscout.com...

Let's see a comparison of the Oakland murder rate before and after OWS began...

The Sh*& the media spins....ugh..

top topics

join