It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonstrators hauled out of RNC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
What is this? Did anyone else see these demonstrators being hauled out of the Convention? I guess Bush's tough security measure's can't completely shut the people up.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I saw a group with yellow hats in the crowd and the camera paned away very quickly. A few minutes later the audio cut away to say that protesters were removed from the crowd.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
What is this? Did anyone else see these demonstrators being hauled out of the Convention? I guess Bush's tough security measure's can't completely shut the people up.

I think at least one demonstrator has been hauled off every night of the convention. Don't these people know that they makes dems look bad? How many republicans disrupted the dem convention? None that I know of? I think it is because Republicans know that the best way to approve or protest something is through the ballot box! Not making yourself look like an idiot.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
[I think at least one demonstrator has been hauled off every night of the convention.

Really, I must have missed that or something. Thats why it came as such a shock to me. I've watched the convention every night, but never seen this before, so I'm surprised I missed it. Thanks for the information though!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I watched the speech on C-Span and I saw a middle-aged woman be carried off by four or five security guys. She looked very upset (of course). I'm very curious to know specifically what her grievance was.

While a lot of the protestors are simply loons, to be sure, I don't believe they make the Democrats look bad. These protestors obviously have a lot of guts and conviction to risk their safety and a criminal record by doing what they do inside the RNC. (And I'd say the same if the roles/parties were reversed.)

-koji K.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I was able to see one it was a women but the other one I was not able to see the gender.

I was surprised that they got over the tied security, so I will like to hear more on the subject.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Originally posted by Jazzerman

I think at least one demonstrator has been hauled off every night of the convention. Don't these people know that they makes dems look bad? How many republicans disrupted the dem convention? None that I know of? I think it is because Republicans know that the best way to approve or protest something is through the ballot box! Not making yourself look like an idiot.

No, it's just Dem security was better at picking out the Republican protestors. Hard to get in a DNC convention wearing a GodHatesFags T-Shirt. :shk:

new topics

top topics

join