It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weight Watcher

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I'M LOOKING TO LOSS A GOOD 20 POUND AND SINSE I CAN'T JUST LOSE IT AT THE STORE I GUESS IT'S TIME FOR SOME WORK. A FRIEND OF MINE TOLD ME A LITTLE ABOUT WEIGHT WATCHER AND IT SOUNDED LIKE IT MIGHT BE WORTH LOOKING INTO.,,,,SO I LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING YOUR THOUGHTS AND IDEAS

and sadly no divorcing intrepid is not a optionhahahahahahanot that I haven't thought about it more than once.

[edit on 2-9-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
For starters...stop yelling!!! Calm down.

I lost 25 pounds a bit ago on Atkins...it's a very misunderstood diet, but if you would like to lose a bit and eat healthier...go with Sugar Busters!
I'm currently living on SB.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
sorry I didn't relize the caps were locked on......it been a long day.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
what are sugar busters?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Wonderfully healthy diet. It is NOT a low carb diet, but people keep saying it is
You feel great on this diet. You eat all meats, lean is better, anything that is low on the glycemic index, and sugars under 3 gm per serving, NO whites (rice, potatoes, sugar, white flour) You may eat whole wheat X amount a day.....you do NOT take your body into ketoses like you do on LC....very healthy...here's a support board that can help youwww.sweettalkplus.com...

www.sugarbusters.com...
www.mendosa.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
i dont know if i could go without potatoes..

i have them in some form every single day..

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by agent lead
i dont know if i could go without potatoes..

i have them in some form every single day..

Well, if your gonna lose weight, potatoes need to go....there really not allowable on any diet.
You only have a few choices here
1) Go Low fat...where there is not too much really to eat, and not too much tasteful
2) Go low carb which really works, but you must stick to it...if you do, your cholesterol WILL spike, then drop down, BUT if you cheat on it, it won't drop and your just eating unhealthy
3) do nothing and just keep gaining
4) Go SB and have plenty to eat, not go hungry and learn to eat healthy and lose weight

I am half Italian and I love to eat...but your gonna have to give up something no matter....it's your choice. Most eating is simply a habit form.....plus it's not like your giving it up for your life, geeesh!! Your only wanting to lose like 20 pounds, you can't give up potatoes for a little while

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
1) Go Low fat...where there is not too much really to eat, and not too much tasteful
2) Go low carb which really works, but you must stick to it...if you do, your cholesterol WILL spike, then drop down, BUT if you cheat on it, it won't drop and your just eating unhealthy
3) do nothing and just keep gaining
4) Go SB and have plenty to eat, not go hungry and learn to eat healthy and lose weight

or:
5) eat better food, eat less calories overall, and exercise. Don't cut out any food you really love, just eat less of it if it's not something thats nutrient dense and providing some real value other than taste.

As for options 1 through 4:
1) There is TONS of low fat foods to eat. Chicken, Fish, infinite fruits and vegetables, "good fats" like olives and nuts, breads, grains, etc. You can even work in lean red meat. Just can't eat Snickers and Fried chicken all day.

2)Low carb makes you lose weight, so does cutting out any major food type. Cut out carbs completely, and you die. Even Atkins starts working in more carbs after 2 weeks so you don't drop dead of ketosis.

3) or at least maintain the weight you are at. You didn't say where you were starting from.

4) SugarBusters actually sounds somewhat nutritionally sound, unlike so many other bookstore diets. Adding whole grains lowers cholesterol and provides needed carbs. Avoiding refined sugars and starches is recomended, and it stresses fruits and veggies.

Good luck! It isn't easy.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
except for a small note in redballon's #5, i think everyone is missing the obvious. start exercising. just start by keeping your heart rate up for 20 mins a day. after a week of slow jogging you'll be doing it with no problem. then just increase as you feel you can. this, along with a healthier diet, can be very effective.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   
thank you so much,the sb diet sounds like it miight be worth a try, when I get home from work tonight I'll do more research into it. Tnanks alot.I'll keep you posted

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Okay, you can choose to ignore my advice cos I'm no diet expert, and in the last month I went from 9st 12 to 11st 7lb. lol.

But the time I had best results with a diet was simple. Sit ups and Press Ups every day for a start. Everyones different, but I started with 30 of each a day and worked up to 100 a day of each. That is all you need, because you don't want to be a body builder, just lose the weight.

The ssecond part of my "plan" (lol) was to swap all chips for fresh jacket potatoes, all sunday dinners or gravy dinners with steamed Veg and pasta, and all snacks with fruit. Sounds simple, and it was. Hard, but simple. And I got to enjoy it.

Now I think I have a very versatile and fast metabolism, which would explain why I lost 1 and a half stone (seriously) after 3 months of this. But I really think that it would do any one a lot of good.

Well, thought I'd try.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by chebob]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I'm not ignoring anyone.I read all the posts and If I have a question I ask it.
I also thank everyone for there input.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
You might like to check out this site.

www.bbc.co.uk...

It has lots of tips for a more healthy lifestyle and diet.

Its recommended that instead of "dieting" you should aim to lose about 2lbs a week with a healthy diet and exercise for 30 mins at least 5 times a week (a brisk walk is fine for this). This should stop the yo yo effect of crash dieting and help you to keep off the weight you lose.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I dont necessarily believe in a diet per say. I believe in eating healthy and eating 6 small meals a day to boost your metabolism to burn more calories. There are also benefits to lifting weights, a pound of muscle burns 50 calories a day. I currently follow the abs diet which is not a diet its more of a way to eat healthy that you can follow your whole life. Myself including many others have lost great amounts of fat and gained muscle. I am very happy with it. I havent heard much about SB, but from the few posts it looks like its not to bad. Just wanted to give you an alternative.

apc

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Dont spend a dime.
Eat fewer calories than you use per day, your body will go into calorie deficit and naturally burn fat. Do this however you please, eat whatever you want. If you want to eat more calories than your current burn-rate will allow, burn more. Exercise, lift weights, gain muscle mass, whatever you prefer.
As has been said, eat more frequent smaller meals during the day, your metablosim will accelerate with a constant supply of nutrients as opposed to sudden bursts it has to 'chew' on.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I dont necessarily agree with you, you can not eat whatever you please. You also have to be concerned with cholesterol levels, blood pressure and so on. If all you eat are fatty foods then your not really doing your body good even though your not eating that much.

apc

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Ok I neglected the obvious... don't live off McDonalds and dingdongs.
I mean if you want to eat mountains of carbs all day long, do it... doesnt matter... so long as the total calorie intake is less than calories used.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Well when I started this thread I only had about 20 pounds to loss but since I stopped smoking in July I gained even more so now it is time to get serious.I am getting my water drank, cutting out the junk now I have to work on getting more excercise.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I think thats the best thing, thats what most of us need to do and we would have a much healthier society

new topics

top topics

join