It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never forget Their sacrifice for you..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Hi People,

Today on 11th of the 11th, we remember those who died in order that we may live free (well kinda free).

Whether you agree with war or hate it, you cannot deny or take away what these brave men did for everyone.

Lastly, I give you the end scene from the greatest comedy show ever written.

Last scene from Blackadder goes forth.

Peace

Rock Ape.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rock Ape

Brilliant clip!

Thanks

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rock Ape
Whether you agree with war or hate it, you cannot deny or take away what these brave men did for everyone.

That is actually true, no matter how you look at it.

If TPTB say to our country "you must fight this war for us", the consequences of saying "no" would be the same as refusing to sell oil in US dollars.

Because these soldiers went to war, we are safer as a result.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Rock Ape

And how the common man stood together regardless of race, colour or religion...

Alongside local memorials there are specific memorials to Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, Canadians, Anzacs, Irish, West Indians amongst many others who passed through here on their way to Europe..

Many also came back wounded and injured, my home town was one of the main hospital towns for WW1, even the Royal Palace was given over to Indians to help them recover in familiar surroundings.

We will remember them.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
November 11th has always been an important day for me. I grew up in a village with the War memorial at the top of the road I lived on,so I would always be there on Remembrance Sunday to see the military bands march up the road. It really is a good time to remember those who gave up their lives to protect the freedoms we have now.

Lets hope no other generation ever has to make such a sacrifice.

Always brings a tear to the eye

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Remembering my own family along with all the other family's who suffered loss, And to my cousin who is in Afghanistan today,

My grandmother xxx rip

My great uncle Matt, died 3/12/42 in Tunisia, he saw action in France with the 8th Batt. Argylls, and made it back through one of the French western ports. The photo of him is the only one I know of. killed in Action and the young age of 24years old.

Thank you to all those past and presant who carry out the wishes of our countries to head in to war,

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Rememberance Day has always been a big deal to us here in Aust, we had a minutes silence at 11, and recited the oath.
I guess it doesn't matter what you feel about our troops going off to war, no matter when or where in history, it makes you realise the freedoms they fight for are what makes countries like mine the greatest places on earth to live.

Lest we forget.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Im so glad we have Remembrance day, Without it we would truly take for granted what so many gave there lives for. There are no words to describe how grateful i am to enjoy the freedom that was denied to a generation of men and women.
To all the souls who gave there lives, of all races, colour, creed and religious preference - Thank you.

Rest In Peace.

top topics

join