It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to research the history of my house but dont want to pay an arm and a leg for it. Any sugges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Greetings everyone I am posting this in the paranormal forum because it kind of relates and I know that some folks in the paranormal arena do paranormal investigations and such. I am asking for help on this topic because I feel there may be something goin on in my house, not bad or evil but somethin strange possibly paranormal. We are not 100% sure on the actual history of the house so I was wandering if anyone here could guide me in the right direction to where i can read up on the history of the place, preferably for free. But if not then as cheap as possible. Thank you in advance for the help. In turn I will share the experiences and such with ya'll as I find the history.
edit on 11/11/2011 by JROCK2527 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
If you don't know the former residents as a lead ask old people around who used to live there. Also you can go through old newspaper archives although that's a drag if they aren't digital.

Ask for unusual stories etc, stings that stuck. Also history of the place you live might help so you can find out what used to be on the spot of your house.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Check the internet for online public records of property in your county. San Bernardino County used to be very good about some solid tax records from the tax assessor's office. I'm not sure if all that is up in every county, but I'm usually happily surprised at how much local, state and federal governments put up for records in the direction your wanting.

Hope that helps!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

Is there a register of real estate so you could find out the previous owners? Looking at old maps is also a way, maybe in an archive of your hometown. That way I could find out that there was an asylum only 3 streets away from my house a hundred years ago - nowadays a community welfare center..

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
first,if the house has not been remodeled.go lift the lid on the toilet.it will be stamped with a date.thats a date of mfg.install was within a year after that date.
goto your county record books and ask for help from clerk.get list of owner names and dates.
take these and research names and dates with local newspapers and historical societies.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Thanks to all for the replies.

Here is what I have so far. The house was built in 1965 my parents are the second owners. my mother grew up across the street from this house and knew the first owners. before that it was an empty lot. this is all ive gatherd so far ill tryin post more if i find it

@robomont. We remodled the house in 1996 so we changed out all the appliances. thnks for the replies tho
edit on 11/11/2011 by JROCK2527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
For some basic info check out zillo.com

www.zillow.com...

Just plug in address

Tax and sales history as well as current and past values and even photos.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
tried the local museum as sometimes they have old maps that may show what was on the site many years ago, also check with the police/newspaper archives just incase someone was shot there many years ago before the house was built

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
It's probably been posted already, but, just go to your county courthouse. You can research all sorts of things there, and it costs you nothing out of your pocket.

The history of my house and property was quite interesting! And it was a fun afternoon for my wife and me, looking through those old tomes.
edit on 11-11-2011 by kyred because: cuz I messed up a word.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Thank you all for taking the time out to comment and help me out. I will be sure to explore all these avenues and post any findings of note that I may come across. Thanks agian for all the help, any new comers with more info feel free to comment as well im lookin for everything i can gather.

top topics

join