It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier Charged with Attempted Espionage. Or Warning His Mother To Prepare For The End of the World?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I have to say that I did not know about all of those groups. I find it quite interesting, and will say thank you to all that had negative things to say, as this has actually opened up a whole new window of info that I was unaware of.

And BTW, that was my point. When searching, with an open mind, you can learn more then what you started with.

I have to say that I usually try not to get into the religious thing, so I can see how this may have passed over my head. But I didn't not know that there was an inside "group/groups" that literally thought that Obama is the anti-christ, and have plans to possibly over throw him, and they were in different branches of the military.

That may actually be the ace in the hole. They may have found what the now call "home grown terrorism" in their own back yard. If this guy was affiliated with them, and the gov knew, that would explain the surveillance.

Him alerting others, would give them clearance to actually call them or place them under the "foreign intelligence" that they are talking about, and placed them under some "Patriot Act" law for espionage, by having some relation to this group.

I am still investigating.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
back on page one you will find that i posted re: my prior thread from a week ago... it is sourced from Associated Press not scorcha faal or whatever his name is..same story the OP is referencing, back when it broke.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
The only thing that seems a bit off, is that this story is not being covered more, as another poster pointed out, that when Bradley Manning was accused it was plastered everywhere.

Bradley Manning passed thousands of classified records and spread them around the world. Some of these records were used in a fairly successful propaganda campaign. This guy passed exactly zero classified documents and wasn't even in contact with an actual intelligence officer or "whistleblower." The cases are nothing alike.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Being a former soldier who went in the military at 17....if I knew then what I know now....

I'd think who in their right MIND would agree to put themselves under the military justice system?
I mean, it scares me. Our own justice system is getting worse and worse, but the miltiary justice system?
Who's it for "JUST US?"

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

I don't see anyone disputing that an American soldier in Alaska is being held on charges of espionage.

It's the emails to mom about the end of the world that is being attributed to Sorcha Faal.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

man they knew wat was goin in since the beginnin they need to let people knw wats goin on so we kan prepare bt i been doin dat since i was 12

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I just read about the Marine veteran in California who is suspected of killing four homeless men. His father said that he returned from Iraq a changed man and what he said reminded me of this thread.

So, rather than starting a new thread, I thought I'd tack it onto this one since this marine was also speaking about the end of the world.

www.breitbart.com...

According to friends and family, a much darker Ocampo returned home after he was discharged in 2010. His parents separated, and his father eventually became homeless.

He was arrested Jan. 13 after a locally known homeless man, John Berry, 64, was stabbed to death outside an Anaheim fast-food restaurant. Bystanders gave chase, and police made the arrest. Ocampo is being held in isolation at the central jail in Santa Ana for his own safety because of the notoriety of the case, according to Lt. Hal Brotheim, a spokesman with the Orange County Sheriff's Department.

Ocampo's father, 49-year-old Refugio Ocampo, said his son came back a changed man after serving in Iraq, expressing disillusionment and becoming ever darker as his family life frayed and he struggled to find his way as a civilian.

The son followed a friend into the Marine Corps right out of high school in 2006 instead of going to college as his father had hoped. Itzcoatl Ocampo was discharged in 2010 and returned home to find his family in disarray, his father said.

The same month, one of Itzcoatl Ocampo's friends, 22-year-old Cpl. Claudio Patino IV of Yorba Linda, was killed in combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan.

"Once he received the news, he was never the same," Mixcoatl Ocampo said. He said his brother visited Patino's grave twice a week.

Refugio and Mixcoatl both described a physical condition Itzcoatl suffered in which his hands shook and he suffered headaches. Medical treatments helped until he started drinking heavily, both said.

"He started drinking like crazy—too much, way too much," the father said.

A neighbor who is a Vietnam veteran and the father both tried to push Itzcoatl to get treatment at a Veterans hospital, but he refused. Refugio Ocampo said he wanted his son to get psychological treatment as well.

"He started talking about stuff that didn't make any sense, that the end of the world was going to happen," he said.

The article doesn't specify whether or not he was a religious man and the police are pretty sure that he's the one who's been killing the homeless men, which makes sense since he was also homeless during the murders.

So, now we have a second military man saying that the world is going to end. Coincidence or could they have come across secret information that civilians wouldn't understand and even comprehend. The similarity I see so far is that both men told a parent about the "end of the world". Is it possible that both men cracked under the pressure of war or were they aware of future events and had to tell someone they could trust?

It's been a long time since I've read this thread, so I'm going to skim through it to see if I notice any other similarities.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

What's his ATS username?

And what kind of weapon is he holding in his avatar?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join