It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preident Bush is solid in his speech!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

Hey kid, until you,ve turned eighteen AND registered to vote, your voice cannot be counted as viable.
[edit on 4/9/04 by Intelearthling]

That is the one of the dumbest things I have seen written on ATS in a long time (and that is saying something). Also a typical republican response as they care for themselves only and consider those who think differently from them as wrong and un-informed.

At 14 he has every right to have his voice counted! He will inherite this defecit. He will have to pay for all the mistakes being made today. If Bush continues on his current path he may also find himself in some country fighting a war at 18 as well. Never discount our youth, remember he will decide your quality of life in your golden years by being in control of this country.

Why is it that Republicans seem to care so little for the mess our next generation will have to deal with? Why do they spend money like this with no concern for how our next generation will pay for it? Why do they claim to hate welfare yet spend money to the point it will drive so many of the next generation into poverty? When did the republican party change their stance on this? They used to be ones that fought against big spending (Reagonomics). Bush has changed that party, do you think they will ever realize this?

[edit on 9/4/2004 by nativeokie]

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by nativeokie

Hey kid, until you,ve turned eighteen AND registered to vote, your voice cannot be counted as viable.

That is the one of the dumbest things I have seen written on ATS in a long time (and that is saying something). Also a typical republican response as they care for themselves only and consider those who think differently from them as wrong and un-informed.

At 14 he has every right to have his voice counted! He will inherite this defecit. He will have to pay for all the mistakes being made today. If Bush continues on his current path he may also find himself in some country fighting a war at 18 as well. Never discount our youth, remember he will decide your quality of life in your golden years by being in control of this country.

What would your response be to a 14 yr. old pro-Repuclican? The same as your resonse now? I don't think so. He can debate politics at his school. We, as responsible adults, should be more concerned with the well being of our children. Not bend to their every whimper and whim. And by the way, Bush is trying very hard to work with Congress to reduce the deficit so that he may not have to inherit it. I've never discounted our youth. We, as Americans, have got some of the brightest youths on the planet. Much brighter and more informed today than when I was his age. And to say that he'll decide the quality of my life in my golden years is a bunch of crock. Everyone is responsibe for their own quality of life then. They just need to start getting prepared for it before it gets here. This is America. We all make the choices of the way we want to live. He just doesn't have any clue yet of what life is all about. The world is not a very kind place. This is where many youths are misled. Hard work and preseverance is the key to success with a little bit of luck. There should be no hand outs. And there should be no illusions of Utopiah. Reality sucks, but we've got to deal with it the best we can. And by the way, are you registered to vote? If you're an adult and not registered, then YOU haven't got any right whatsoever to say anything about anythin. To me, people that don't vote should never complain about anything. Everything is already perfect in their lives so they feel no need to vote. The vote is our voice. And that, my friend, is what's so great about our great nation. Dan's opinions are welcome just like my 2 sons are (13yrs. and 15yrs.), but they have enough sense to know that their opinions is just that, just an opinion. They know they'll be able to vote one day. They're already talking about registering as soon as they turn 18, so they can go out and cast their votes on the candidate of their choice, Democrat or Republican. Whoever they vote for, I do know that they'll vote for the candidate with a high moral standard.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I really think it's time for someone new.
Bush had his chance and according to a lot of people in the USA he blew it.
Yes yes, he did not do everything wrong, it could have been worse.

Time for Kerry to show what he's got.
B t w, don't you think Bush ahs this look in his eyes, that insane dogs also have?

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
I really think it's time for someone new.
Bush had his chance and according to a lot of people in the USA he blew it.
Yes yes, he did not do everything wrong, it could have been worse.

Time for Kerry to show what he's got.
B t w, don't you think Bush ahs this look in his eyes, that insane dogs also have?

Good point...he has had his four years and has dont little FOR the US. Maybe we should ban re-elections period, because four years for everyone sounds like a good idea to me. That way we are never stuck with the same guy for eight years.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
HeeHee,

I think they should type up his speech just as he says it. Then the world could view the eighth grade 'edjacation' that this man seems to posses.

My fellow mercans, we er in a tiiime of tera. The tourests and evilduwars committing these acts of terrrr . . . I will do what is good fer 'Merca and mercans . . . Blah blah blah

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienasia
My fellow mercans, we er in a tiiime of tera. The tourests and evilduwars committing these acts of terrrr . . . I will do what is good fer 'Merca and mercans . . . Blah blah blah

Oh my God...that is hilarious

You should use that line for your signature. Seriously funny!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Have you noticed Bush's 'power walk'?

I know he's trained to do it (they all are) but Bush at it?!

Oh man!

He looks like he had a 'brown accident' in his pants.

Seriuosly, check it next time if you don't believe me.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

HeeHee,

I think they should type up his speech just as he says it. Then the world could view the eighth grade 'edjacation' that this man seems to posses.

someone please correct me if i'm wrong, but the speech doesnt even seem to be on the official bush campaign website. i personally thought the speech was poor. wonder what's up with that...

-koji K.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I think his speech writer is Democrat. His speech was not president-worthy and didnt do him any favors, but to elaborate on the 911 terror and the lies.
The delivery was poor and marred by being under the influence of anti-pshyc drugs? probably.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Wow, that is a good theory, reason Bush talks like a idiot is because his speech writer is a Democrat!

Anyways, I watched some of the speech, but well, only seen that much # when the toilet overflowed at a concert.

Bushies, you have no arguements, no good ones anyways. Kerrynites, you don't either. But guess what? Better Kerry then Bush. Why? We know what Bush will do, we have seen him in action. But Kerry? Maybe he will do something different.

Still like the "You only 14, you have no right to exist". Man, that 14 year old sounded more mature then you did. How sad is that?

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
And I still want to stress. Someone who is 14 today may have to fight any war Bush would initiate during his second term. Kids or not they have rights and should be heard. Especially someone that obviously cares enough to read up on the issues by reviewing political discussions on this board. At 14 I certainly wasn't paying attention to what the political world was doing, I wish I had been.

Maybe if we started polling our teenagers about the differences between the Bush and Kerry foriegn policy/economic stance and what they will inherit you would get some pretty good perspective. Remember what we do today is all theirs to deal with. In a couple of years they may have to die to defend our decisions.

But another good point is that in this election the largest block of voters is between 18-24. If we can get them to vote, they will make up the majority of eligible voters. Last time (only other time) that happened was the first year Clinton was elected. Something to think about.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

What would your response be to a 14 yr. old pro-Repuclican? The same as your resonse now? I don't think so.

yea, only it would be the opposite, the democrats would disagree with him and you would be on his side.

I've never discounted our youth.

what are you call saying that my opinion doesnt count since i am to young to vote.

Man, that 14 year old sounded more mature then you did. How sad is that?

not that im mature, its just that i want to be political because in 4 years i will have my chance to vote. and i am thinking about going into politics when i am older. and to when you said that republicans have been proven to be smarter than democrats is total BS in my opinion.

[edit on 4-9-2004 by DanTodd]

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Its soild, Soild crap. I will never believe ANYTHING that comes out of his mouth.

I wouldn't trust either of them ...

Thank God im not the only one thats sees that, atleast to my knowledge.

As far as im concerned there the same person in 2 different people.

Then again thats just my NWO talking in me.

In either case, i gave a # until i learned they were both skull and bones.

go nadar

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K

HeeHee,

someone please correct me if i'm wrong, but the speech doesnt even seem to be on the official bush campaign website. i personally thought the speech was poor. wonder what's up with that...

-koji K.

As with all of his speeches they can be found on the White House site.
www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Thank God im not the only one thats sees that, atleast to my knowledge.

As far as im concerned there the same person in 2 different people.

Then again thats just my NWO talking in me.

In either case, i gave a until i learned they were both skull and bones.

Well technically they are both cousins as well, so there you have it. The ultimate question is: Lubrication, or no lubrication? At least Kerry will butter us up before he sticks it to us.

A line on the new Bad Religion album sums it up best: "Let them eat war.. that's how to ration the poor.."

Just one man's humble opinion... oh yes, and "I support the troops".

MK

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween

HeeHee,

-koji K.

As with all of his speeches they can be found on the White House site.
www.whitehouse.gov...

thanks! i meant video though... my bad.

-koji K.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   

And this, my friends, is why you should vote for Kerry this November.

Republican view:
CIA flooding our streets with drugs to raise money for arms to sell to Iran = patriotic.
Kerry speaking out against Vietnam = traitorous.

Need I say more?

-koji K.

I never once said that what they did was patriotic. I said they did it for America. By the way, Kerry threw away his medals he'd gotten in service out of shame during the seventies and now he's says that he served proudly? I don't get that.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
like i said before, none of this matters kerry already has this one in the bag.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I never once said that what they did was patriotic. I said they did it for America. By the way, Kerry threw away his medals he'd gotten in service out of shame during the seventies and now he's says that he served proudly? I don't get that.

You can serve your country faithfully, but still be ashamed of certain things happening in the vietnam war.
The fact that you did serve your country faithfully is good. That you had the guts and brains to find out certain things were wrong, is good also.
Go kerry.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Wow, that is a good theory, reason Bush talks like a idiot is because his speech writer is a Democrat!

Actually, i meant speech writer being democrat would have written a speech to make Bush look like himself. dumb.
just a theory

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join