It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preident Bush is solid in his speech!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

Originally posted by Jazzerman
However, there is strong evidence to suggest that the CIA has done, and will continue to infiltrate drugs into the US.

I have friend that was in the SF in the 80s. Went to Colombia, SouthAmerica thinking he was a part of a force to track down the cartels. He ended up guarding Air America planes loaded with coc aine .ed for the states. He told me that he'd lost trust in the United States government and opted to not re-enlist. I told him that the CIA has reason for doing the things that they do and thay are all for the security of this nation. A fierce debate ensued. He finally came to agreement that what they do is for our safety. He didn't re-enlist however. Nobody has to take the stuff if they wish not to. But when an opportunity arises to raise funds for operations abroad to promote democracy, I say that we do have to do what it takes to get the job done, whatever it takes.
So it's not a secret as to what CIA has done. They did it for America. Drug users are going to do drugs no matter what the risks are (jail time or death). You will never change that reality.

[edit on 3/9/04 by Intelearthling]

And this, my friends, is why you should vote for Kerry this November.

Republican view:
CIA flooding our streets with drugs to raise money for arms to sell to Iran = patriotic.
Kerry speaking out against Vietnam = traitorous.

Need I say more?

-koji K.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Originally posted by Indy
You can talk all you want. But we will get 4 more years of what we just had.. nothing. Why did the future not matter for the past 4 years? It won't matter for the next 4 years if he gets re-elected. Its just talk.

Speak for your self in the last four years I have been doing better then I ever have, and am making more money then I ever have.

[edit on 2-9-2004 by ShadowXIX]

if you dont mind me asking..what do you do for a living?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuntin

You can talk all you want. But we will get 4 more years of what we just had.. nothing. Why did the future not matter for the past 4 years? It won't matter for the next 4 years if he gets re-elected. Its just talk.

Speak for your self in the last four years I have been doing better then I ever have, and am making more money then I ever have.

There they go. These people only care about themselves. Look at the overall picture to determine if things are any better under this admin.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by stuntin

There they go. These people only care about themselves. Look at the overall picture to determine if things are any better under this admin.

Its not that I dont care about other people. But not all people are worst off then they were 4 yrs ago as some people would like you too think. I became a home owner under the Bush administration. I also realize that the any President cannot create new jobs by themselves. Besides goverment jobs ofcourse which dont really help the tax payers. He can provide incentives to private companies to promote new job growth but thats all they are incentives he does not make the jobs the companies do.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Wow.. Just read through 7 pages of whining and crying... I haven't seen this much whining from democrats since.. Well, since Kerry spoke last night.
He was stiff ... *wah*
He was lying... *boo hoo*
He looked like he was having a stroke... *bawwwwl*

If you don't like the speech fine. If you think he was lying fine. But please, please, please say something. Earlier in this thread someone called all whom believe in this President idiots. Well I challenge all you super smart dems out there to stop crying and start posting. The President raised some good solid issues last night and I would like to know exactly what you think is wrong with them.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I just wish I was a US citizen so I could vote against soon to be former President Bush (I hope). Lets all pray that he accidently knocks himself out with his golfclub in the near future. That man is not good for the world. We've all seen Hollywood blockbusters with evil men who try to rule the world -and the only difference between the Bush adm. and these movies seems to be the budgets...

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Seth Bullock: No offense, but how many guns do you own and how Texan are you?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by phlake
I just wish I was a US citizen so I could vote against soon to be former President Bush (I hope). Lets all pray that he accidently knocks himself out with his golfclub in the near future. That man is not good for the world. We've all seen Hollywood blockbusters with evil men who try to rule the world -and the only difference between the Bush adm. and these movies seems to be the budgets...

I hope that isn't the only reason you'd want to become a citizen of the U.S.
If it is, then that would be really pathetic because the U.S. of A. has a helluva a lot more to offer than the right to vote (although that is a wonderful thing about this nation, and I'm a strong advocate on the importance of the vote).
One question. Is your brain frozen or just washed?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
IntelEarthling: I could think of a million reasons to become a U.S citizen. I think it's a great country, apart from how it is run today. A huge amount of resources that just are'nt well enough supported and backed up the way a government should. The home of the brave deserves better treatment than it has and the American people deserve to have a proper leader who actually CARE about them. The ego is a dangerous thing when you have power...

Edit:

To answer your question: My pizza is frozen and my dishes are washed.

[edit on 3/9/04 by phlake]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
You must be talking about how they turned American teenagers into coc aine addicts to get weapons into the Mid East.

It is not anyones fault, but the person themselves if they are addicted to coc aine or any other drugs for that matter. Not once have I witnessed anyone forcibly administering coc aine or any drug to anyone without the recipients consent. Take your slanderous propaganda somewhere else. There exists no proof of this because it is totally untrue. Believe what you will, but you'll believing in a lie.

Under George Bush Sr, the CIA was the largest coc aine cartel in the world.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by phlake
The home of the brave deserves better treatment than it has and the American people deserve to have a proper leader who actually CARE about them.
To answer your question: My pizza is frozen and my dishes are washed.

I happen to live and work in this home of the brave and I for one, as well as many others do not see the problems within us as those who observe us from afar. There are those, both domestic and foreign, that publish and spread false propaganda about how terrible conditions are here in the United States. I, as an American, can attest to the fact that the conditions here are just fine. There could be room for improvement, but then that's a never ending endeavor. Humans as a whole will always thrive to improve anything in their lives.
Pepperoni or sausage?

[edit on 3/9/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
no offence to any of you stupid f***ing republicans but has bush ever lived up to anything he has said in 2000

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DanTodd
no offence to any of you stupid f***ing republicans but has bush ever lived up to anything he has said in 2000

Well, well, well. Look ma, Dan can type. If Dan can type,then Dan must be able to read. So read this. I'll bet you aren't even registered to vote are you? If you are, then you really need to sit down with book on The U.S. government and learn how our government really works. OK? Because the problems that we do have, does not lie with the Chief. So get busy reading and learning something before you open your mouth and let it get you in trouble. I'll bet you get into a fight at least 3X a week, don't you? Or is it more? Because it can't be less.

[edit on 4/9/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   

He did lower our taxes like he promised (the effects can be debated but he did follow through).

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by dcgolf

He did lower our taxes like he promised (the effects can be debated but he did follow through).

lowering taxes is the most stupid thing i have ever heard of. i would rather pay twice the taxes i pay now than be in debt to china and other countrys what is this bush guy talking about making our military stronger. our military is the strongest thing in the entire world. unless we are taking on the entire world we dont need any more military. bush is even thinking of bringing back the draft i heard . hahah u dummy.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   

lowering taxes is the most stupid thing i have ever heard of. i would rather pay twice the taxes i pay now than be in debt to china and other countrys what is this bush guy talking about making our military stronger. our military is the strongest thing in the entire world. unless we are taking on the entire world we dont need any more military. bush is even thinking of bringing back the draft i heard . hahah u dummy.

I didn't say lowering taxes was a good thing (I also didn't say it was a bad thing). You asked if he followed through on anything and provided an example. No need to call names (dummy).

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Well, well, well. Look ma, Dan can type. If Dan can type,then Dan must be able to read. So read this. I'll bet you aren't even registered to vote are you? If you are, then you really need to sit down with book on The U.S. government and learn how our government really works. OK? Because the problems that we do have, does not lie with the Chief. So get busy reading and learning something before you open your mouth and let it get you in trouble. I'll bet you get into a fight at least 3X a week, don't you? Or is it more? Because it can't be less.

no i am not registered to vote but im only fourteen and i bet i could take you on in a political debate. look man i dont even want to debate this anymore. i have given the republicans enough information in other threads so that they can make an educated guess on who to pick for this upcoming election. odviously you guys are still voting for bush. but it doesnt even matter anymore! kerry has already taken it by a landslide folks. i dont care what CNN has told you but bush has lost this election badly. im sorry republicans but u are already lost. now the democrats can run the democracy like they were made to.

btw: if anyone wants talk politics with me i would be happy to. you can im me at CSHL420 or call me. pm me to do that first tho, i dont want to publicly give out my phone number.

[edit on 4-9-2004 by DanTodd]

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I didn't say lowering taxes was a good thing (I also didn't say it was a bad thing). You asked if he followed through on anything and provided an example. No need to call names (dummy).

oops that coment wasnt directed to you. it was to george bush. and he is a dummy with his plans.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Did you know that EVERY speech at the RNC was personally approved by Karl Rove? We wonder, did Bush really write his own speech? I'm wondering what everything thinks about this issue. Saw this one on C-SPAN on 9/2. Enjoy:

rtsp://video.c-span.org/project/c04/c04_wj090204_slater.rm

Hope this link works for you.

Additionally it seems that there may have been some other opportunities for Bush to get some input from his good friends on his speech. Nothing like a well-oiled machine, eh? This from the Miami Herald, 8/29/2004:

White House chief of staff Andrew Card, who made a rare appearance on the campaign trail Saturday, called Bush's convention speech a big moment that will capitalize on the momentum he says the campaign has gained in recent weeks.

''The speech is where he will outline for America how he sees the future,'' Card said. ``It will be a bold speech, but I wouldn't say everything is resting on this speech.''

Its crafting began last month with drafts circulated among administration and campaign officials.

Bush practiced the speech in the White House family theater Friday before Hughes, Card, political advisor Karl Rove, national security advisor Condoleezza Rice and others. He will practice again today, Hughes said.

www.broward.com...

MK
ps- I am aware of the ATS policy regarding the posting of news articles- I am supplying these as supporting evidence for my contention that Bush is not writing his own speeches and would like to have informed discussion on this topic. These are very specific pieces of evidence. If this still violates policy, please feel free to delete or edit my post as necessary.

[edit on 4-9-2004 by MKULTRA]

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   

no i am not registered to vote but im only fourteen and i bet i could take you on in a political debate. look man i dont even want to debate this anymore. i have given the republicans enough information in other threads so that they can make an educated guess on who to pick for this upcoming election.

Hey kid, until you,ve turned eighteen AND registered to vote, your voice cannot be counted as viable. Also, demographics has shown that those peoplpe who are registered as a democrat has less education, not to mention higher education, than their counterparts.
If your decisions are of your own, then that's fine. Don't let anyone try to influence or threaten you into making wrong ones. Since I was 8 yrs. old, I knew at that age that I'd grow up to become a Republican. I did it in coming from a family that is mostly pro-Democrats. I just knew then that something was very fishy about the 'crats then and didn't want to be a part of it. If the Vietnam conflict is of an issue in these elections, then we must remember that it was 2 Democratic presidents that got us into that quagmire and 1 Republican that got us out.
It's my advice that you study a little bit harder at your school work, sonny boy.
I'll do you a favor and not answer no more of your posts, since you don't want to debate this issue any more. Cool??

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join