It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preident Bush is solid in his speech!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I don't know him, of course; but from everything I've read (wide variety of sources), he sounds like a totally spoiled, arrogant, spiteful, vindictive, ignorant, once destructive, swaggering man. A man who respects little to no one and who thinks he's not accountable to anyone. Scary.

You forgot to add rash, drunk, stuttering, Cocaine addicted, and suffers from mass Articulation disorders! Just thought I would add a few myself

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman

I don't know him, of course; but from everything I've read (wide variety of sources), he sounds like a totally spoiled, arrogant, spiteful, vindictive, ignorant, once destructive, swaggering man. A man who respects little to no one and who thinks he's not accountable to anyone. Scary.

You forgot to add rash, drunk, stuttering, Cocaine addicted, and suffers from mass Articulation disorders! Just thought I would add a few myself

Muchas gracias, senior.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
GW has done more for America in four years than all the Democratic Presidents in my lifetime, which encompasses quite a few.

Jazzerman, you keep talking about the oppressive security of the RNC, but it is nothing like the security of the Democratic Convention where the protesters were not given access to the streets and were limited to a very small area out of view of the public.

I don't think you have an objective bone in your body. All you care about is your limited homosexual agenda.

PS- I will never vote for Bush, no matter what he says. Just for the fact that he is a homophobe has ruined all his credibility for me, much less all of his other Christian right-wing opinions.

[edit on 04/9/2 by GradyPhilpott]

GradyPhilpott

Hey, maybe you should become a speech writer. Very well put. Also, his father, and his father's boss for eight years, (everyone should know who they are) did more for the world in twelve years than all the presidents combined in the 20th Century. The world everyone. The world. And the sad thing about it is, Mr Grady, many people don't have a clue what I'm talking about. You seem to me to be well informed. I like that.
Over.

[edit on 2/9/04 by Intelearthling]

You must be talking about how they turned American teenagers into coc aine addicts to get weapons into the Mid East.
Maybe San Salvador and Nicaragua will be more grateful for the contribution made to their civil unrest. Republicans help NO ONE BUT THEMSELVES. Most folks realize that to build something you have to start from the BOTTOM UP. Excavate the ground, pour the foundation, then build FROM THE GROUND UP. However the Republicans always want the government programs to benefit those FROM THE TOP DOWN. It is all about the TRICKLE DOWN. Well under the last administration the trickle down has been more like getting pissed on. I have seen nothing but factory closures, business failures, layoffs, and benefits cancellations. IF THE REPUBLICANS GAVE A # ABOUT AMERICAN JOBS, THEY WOULD NOT ALLOW COMPANY CEOS TO MAKE AN AVERAGE OF TEN MILLION DOLLARS SALARY FOR EXPORTING AMERICAN JOBS OVERSEAS. That is insane!!! To pay a man that kind of money for putting fellow Americans unto the street.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

You must be talking about how they turned American teenagers into coc aine addicts to get weapons into the Mid East.
Maybe San Salvador and Nicaragua will be more grateful for the contribution made to their civil unrest. Republicans help NO ONE BUT THEMSELVES. Most folks realize that to build something you have to start from the BOTTOM UP. Excavate the ground, pour the foundation, then build FROM THE GROUND UP. However the Republicans always want the government programs to benefit those FROM THE TOP DOWN. It is all about the TRICKLE DOWN. Well under the last administration the trickle down has been more like getting pissed on. I have seen nothing but factory closures, business failures, layoffs, and benefits cancellations. IF THE REPUBLICANS GAVE A # ABOUT AMERICAN JOBS, THEY WOULD NOT ALLOW COMPANY CEOS TO MAKE AN AVERAGE OF TEN MILLION DOLLARS SALARY FOR EXPORTING AMERICAN JOBS OVERSEAS. That is insane!!! To pay a man that kind of money for putting fellow Americans unto the street.

What he said.. 100%

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   

What he said.. 100%

DITTO!!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Iraq had been a threat for more than 10 years at the time of the invasion. The Taliban was threat. But Saddam's regime, left unchecked, would have eventually became a threat to large to contain with the forces that was and now is present in Iraq.

(a) that's a speculation
(b) you are so easily accepting that the govt lied to you about WMD, next time they'll say Canada could be a threat in 20 years and you'll believe that.

quote: We invaded a country who was not an "imminent" or "gathering threat," and left Osama to run away with plans for future destruction. This President has allowed Israel to craft our foreign policy under the guise of "America's Interests."

We have a duty to Israel and they had no part of "crafting" our foreign policy in the Middle East. We are constantly telling Israel to back down when they feel the need to retaliate for attacks on their homeland and their citizens. This must be very frustrating for them, to have the ability to utterly destroy her enemies but abide to our wishes for peace sakes.

I'm all ears, wanna hear why the US have a duty to Israel

If you are saying Israel had no part -- mwahahahahaha -- do you even know what AIPAC is? Please use google.

Israel is controlling ever facet of the US ME policy. How a normal American can be cool with that, is beyond me.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by Aelita]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Two objectives:

a) Throw red meat at the party faithful: Accomplished, I'd gauge this as 80% of the intent in this speech.

b) Get undecided voters enthused: Failed.

There was a serious lack of content - a major strategy faux pas. In anything that requires a head to head comparison, detail often wins the day. I feel they thought it would have been a lapse of energy and steered him away from at least attempting to put an intellectual appeal out there; "this is the plan, we'll accomplish it by......"
The sloganeering was horrible. I speak in front of large crowds regularly, and yes, you do put in catch phrases that pander; you are, after all, persuading people. But, it's bush league to say the line, visually pause , and "milk" the applause out of it. It's even more minor league to let it "gain momentum" - you either hit it or you don't.

Of course, they'll be a flip in polls, with a slight bounce to Bush. However, the historic numbers don't bode well for Team Rove: no sitting president has ever won re-election (Bush: election for the first time?) with these slim sort of numbers.

So Republicans are again left with a very energized base, with some regiments ( the Religious Right) at a mouth foaming frenzy. Them Broncos can't be rode to vic-tor-ree , Tex!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It appears Kerry has come out swinging. It's about time.

Bush Is 'Unfit' to Lead U.S., Kerry Charges
By David M. Halbfinger and Michael Janofsky
The New York Times

Friday 03 September 2004

Springfield, Ohio - Roaring back at his Republican rivals, Senator John Kerry called President Bush "unfit to lead this country" for "misleading'' America into war in Iraq and said Mr. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney avoided fighting in the Vietnam War.

"For the past week, they have attacked my patriotism and even my fitness to serve as commander in chief," Mr. Kerry told thousands here at a midnight rally shortly after Mr. Bush accepted the Republican nomination for a second term and questioned Mr. Kerry's support for combat troops in Iraq.

"Well, here is my answer to them," Mr. Kerry said to cheers. "I will not have my commitment to defend this country questioned by those who refused to serve when they could've and who misled America into Iraq."

The Kerry campaign scheduled the event days ago in an effort to reclaim the initiative in the race without letting a single news cycle pass. Mr. Kerry spoke a mere half-hour after the president had ended his acceptance speech, and Kerry aides issued his prepared text even before Mr. Bush spoke.

Mr. Cheney capped a weeklong assault on Mr. Kerry's character and national-security credentials at the Republican convention on Wednesday, saying that he honored Mr. Kerry's service in Vietnam but that the senator's 20-year voting record on foreign policy and military issues made him unfit to be president.

Mr. Bush, for his part, depicted Mr. Kerry on Thursday as a tax-raising big-spending social liberal who had defended his vote against an Iraq appropriations bill by saying the question was complicated.

"There is nothing complicated about supporting our troops in combat," Mr. Bush said.

Mr. Kerry, criticizing "the anger and the distortion" of the Republican convention, hit back in his toughest appraisal yet of the incumbents' qualifications.

"The vice president called me unfit for office last night," Mr. Kerry said. "Well, I'm going to leave it up to the voters to decide whether five deferments make someone more qualified than two tours of duty."

Mr. Cheney received five deferments and did not serve in the military. Mr. Bush was in the Texas Air National Guard and did not serve overseas.

Mr. Kerry was even harsher in attacking what he called Mr. Bush's "record of failure" as president.

"Let me tell you in no uncertain terms what makes someone unfit for office and unfit for duty," Mr. Kerry said, turning to Mr. Bush. "Misleading our nation into war in Iraq makes you unfit to lead our country. Doing nothing while this nation loses millions of jobs makes you unfit to lead this country. Letting 45 million Americans go without health care for four years makes you unfit to lead this country.

"Letting the Saudi royal family control the price of oil for Americans makes you unfit to lead this country. Handing out billions of dollars in government contracts without a bid to Halliburton while you're still on the payroll makes you unfit lead this country.
www.truthout.org...

In fairness, the 'two tours' of duty statement will call for clarification. I'm sure we'll hear about it soon enuf.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Perhaps you are more right than even you realize:
www.sfgate.com.../chronicle/archive/2002/07/28/IN244190.DTL

Eggzalent article, Jazzerman.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
EastCoastKid...thought you would like it. Now...if I can only find where to order a Bush/Orwell 1984 sticker which will promptly be displayed on my car

I thought the best piece of the article was: "a society that envisions war as peace, freedom as slavery and ignorance as strength"...definitely says a lot!

[edit on 3-9-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Good lord, I've never seen anyone ramble so much by repeating cliche's over and over again, in my life!

They even cut to this garbage while we were all trying to get updates on a Hurricane that threatens to smash us to bits...

At least he avoided (from the snippets I saw while going back and forth on channels to see the storm info) his usual "Bushisms", hehe...

He's still an idiot of course.....

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   

It is not anyones fault, but the person themselves if they are addicted to coc aine or any other drugs for that matter. Not once have I witnessed anyone forcibly administering coc aine or any drug to anyone without the recipients consent. Take your slanderous propaganda somewhere else. There exists no proof of this because it is totally untrue. Believe what you will, but you'll believing in a lie.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

It is not anyones fault, but the person themselves if they are addicted to coc aine or any other drugs for that matter. Not once have I witnessed anyone forcibly administering coc aine or any drug to anyone without the recipients consent.

How right you are. I am so sick and tired of liberals and their lack of personal responsability. It's just like the prison scandel - instead of saying "wow, those soldiers really F'd up. They were totally out of line and should be punished" they say "It was Bush and Chany and Rummy's fault. They ordered it to happen." Everyone knows this is BS, but they would like to say that the soldiers weren't trained to handle the situation, they were put in a bad spot, bla bla bla. It's totally out of line! What ever happened to people making their own choices? How could anyone blame Bush for what happened? It's totally absurd.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
intelearthling...I will probably never say this to you again so listen carefully...I AGREE WITH YOU about the the coc aine thing. No one force feeds people drugs, and in most cases its their fault they got involved in it (some cases are an exception of course, like anything).

Now, as far as who is bringing the drugs in, well, until I see hard evidence that , say, the US govt. is behind it I cannot believe it. However, there is strong evidence to suggest that the CIA has done, and will continue to infiltrate drugs into the US.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
It is something about bush body language last night that looked arrogant and spiteful.

The twitch of his shoulder and the way he move his head show defiance and the looks of a person that not matter what you think he will do as he pleases.

Weird, not approachable at all.

exactly. i thought the content of the speech was very average. but there was something about his body language that was just, well, not very leader-like or confident at all. he looked positively terrified at times. he never laughed once, except for little smirks.

i can understand two types of leaders. you can have a silent type, not good with cameras, who's still intelligent behind the scenes. or you can have not the brightest leader, but one who can lead. i always knew that bush was not the former, but gave him some credit for being the type of leader at least able to put on a brave face for americans to rally behind, even if i didnt agree with what he's doing.

but after this speech, my illusion is shattered. he looked like a terrified child.

-koji K.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
How right you are.

- No, I'd say how wrong you are myself!

(and let's leave aside the drug thing, that's a silly analogy, of course drug users create their own habit)

I am so sick and tired of liberals and their lack of personal responsability.

- AMM, come on!; this has nothing to do with 'liberal or conservative' per se.

It's just like the prison scandel - instead of saying "wow, those soldiers really F'd up.

- Be serious man, who isn't saying that?

They were totally out of line and should be punished"

- and who is not saying that either?

they say "It was Bush and Chany and Rummy's fault. They ordered it to happen." Everyone knows this is BS,

- er, the point is they absolutely do not AMM.

There have been several thing go on which give rise to the question.

The use of 'contractors' ie mercenaries to deliberately side-step the requirements of the Geneva Convention for instance - a fact most, I believe, to be completely unaware of and they would be stunned and appalled to know this is chosen US policy today. The isolation and refual to legally catagorise the prisoners at Guantanimo for another.

but they would like to say that the soldiers weren't trained to handle the situation, they were put in a bad spot, bla bla bla.

- each of your 'positions are not exclusive AMM. Both apply IMO.

It's totally out of line!

- I disagree. I think the message got through loud and clear from the top as to how these prisoners were to be treated and interrogated and the individuals down the line went with it.

What ever happened to people making their own choices?

- I agree. The men on the ground should have refused to follow those orders, nudges and winks to avoid their own criminality.

How could anyone blame Bush for what happened? It's totally absurd.

- It is not. It is absolutely in keeping with precedent. The men on the ground will get charged for actually committing the offences and those at the top carry the can for either creating the conditions where this went on or for allowing this to go on as they have ultimate responsibility (or at least once upon a time they did).

Personally in view of the circumstances I think it is beyond credibility that senior figures in the government knew what was going on - and if they didn't know the detail it is because they asked not to know.

Naturally the whole issue of the grave danger this has placed soldiers on the ground in is completely over-looked as the war-fan politicians (who almost to a man shirked ever being involved in a war themselves) scrabble to avoid any blame.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKidIn fairness, the 'two tours' of duty statement will call for clarification. I'm sure we'll hear about it soon enuf.

Before volunteering for swift boat duty, Kerry served aboard a ship that entered the waters off the coast of Vietnam. Such duty was enough to earn a Vietnam Service Medal for thousands of sailors, but pulling it out now is really padding the resume.

I have never questioned Kerry's service while in Vietnam except to say that three Purple Hearts for wounds of such superficiality is something I have never heard of.

There have been periods in the past, I have been told when the Purple Heart award was abused, but prior to the build up in Vietnam, that issue was clarified. I think you will be hard pressed to find a combat veteran who will justify this kind of flagrant abuse.

But, being a combat veteran is no excuse for what Kerry did when he came home from Vietnam--the lies before congress, the book he wrote, and claiming to have thrown his medals, or was it ribbons, or someone else's ribbons, or was it medals over the fence on the Capitol steps.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   

IntelEarthling, you are quickly becoming one of my fav posters

You are spot on with everything you just said.

American Mad Man, the things you say are on time also. It's hard to find people who share the same views that I value. But you all are here.
Thank God I found this website.
Later.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

However, there is strong evidence to suggest that the CIA has done, and will continue to infiltrate drugs into the US.

I have friend that was in the SF in the 80s. Went to Colombia, SouthAmerica thinking he was a part of a force to track down the cartels. He ended up guarding Air America planes loaded with coc aine headed for the states. He told me that he'd lost trust in the United States government and opted to not re-enlist. I told him that the CIA has reason for doing the things that they do and thay are all for the security of this nation. A fierce debate ensued. He finally came to agreement that what they do is for our safety. He didn't re-enlist however. Nobody has to take the stuff if they wish not to. But when an opportunity arises to raise funds for operations abroad to promote democracy, I say that we do have to do what it takes to get the job done, whatever it takes.
So it's not a secret as to what CIA has done. They did it for America. Drug users are going to do drugs no matter what the risks are (jail time or death). You will never change that reality.

[edit on 3/9/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K

Originally posted by koji_K
Did anyone notice:

2.) Bush's lop-sided smile, to the point where it was looking like he had a stroke during the time when the protester was dragged off?

-koji K.

Aren't you the one always blasting republicans and conservatives for being so vicious and angry and always attacking people?

You are a hypocrit.

eh? i blast republicans sure. i'm not sure i ever blasted them for being "vicious", "angry" or "always attacking people". i think you may have me confused with someone else.

-koji K.

It was not you saying this, it seems I am wrong

First time for everything, right?

[edit on 3-9-2004 by American Mad Man]
You come thru as always trying to intimidate all posts not quite up to par with your beliefs. We all have a mind. Allow us to use it please

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join