It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preident Bush is solid in his speech!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
Did anyone notice:

2.) Bush's lop-sided smile, to the point where it was looking like he had a stroke during the time when the protester was dragged off?

-koji K.

Aren't you the one always blasting republicans and conservatives for being so vicious and angry and always attacking people?

You are a hypocrit.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Did anyone notice:

2.) Bush's lop-sided smile, to the point where it was looking like he had a stroke during the time when the protester was dragged off?

-koji K.

Aren't you the one always blasting republicans and conservatives for being so vicious and angry and always attacking people?

You are a hypocrit.

eh? i blast republicans sure. i'm not sure i ever blasted them for being "vicious", "angry" or "always attacking people". i think you may have me confused with someone else.

-koji K.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Hahah, how'd he sell out America, give secrets to the Russians? He spoke his mind and said the government was doing the wrong thing over there.

You are doing what veterans have avoided dong for over hundred year and that is diminishing the service of non-combatants. Combatants are proud of their service high esteem, but they have always understood that they could not survive in the field without the support of non combatants and when you denigrate the service of George Bush you denigrate the service of thousands of others who served along side him.

What'd GW do for America, had daddy get him into a guard unit so he could go AWOL? Basically some guy who was more qualified to fly an F-102 got screwed out of his slot because Bush's dad was a Congressman.

It's doubful that many people were screwed out of their positions because of GW, since many dropped off the list because of the active duty committment necessary for pilot training.

GW could have just as easily served in combat - guaranteed combat slot - if he wanted to prove he had guts. But he took the champagne squadron. How are you going to say GW showed more patriotism than John Kerry, honestly? You don't have a leg to stand on.

GW Bush did take a relativley easy way out, along with thousands of others. Never the less his service was honorable. GW Bush showed more patriotism because he didn't lie before congress about the execution of the war in Vietnam. Kerry is a traitor. GW is not.

What lies did Kerry give?

Kerry chose Nam. Bush chose Texas. No matter what way you spin it, one guy voluntarily went into combat when his country called, and one guy had his dad help him avoid combat. 'Nuff said on that as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Did anyone notice:

-koji K.

You are a hypocrit.

eh? i blast republicans sure. i'm not sure i ever blasted them for being "vicious", "angry" or "always attacking people". i think you may have me confused with someone else.

-koji K.

It was not you saying this, it seems I am wrong

First time for everything, right?

[edit on 3-9-2004 by American Mad Man]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
George W. Bush's speeches are nothing but standard, oldest-trick-in-the-book speeches ment to change the minds of the less gifted citizens (quite many). I must say that the US Government have chosen a good "doll" (Bush) to "control" the country, because a more naive and desillusioned coward is hard to find. Would be nice to see if USA could get a President that actually has the mind to propose actions him-/herself FOR the people of the USofA and not against all the others. There are som many other ways than war to solve a problem. It's about time the desicionmakers of the States learn that and act like humans, not primals.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
And no one opposes your analogy of "Civil Rights" and homosexual rights more than Blacks. Blacks are adamantly and vocally opposed to the idea their struggle for freedom should be compared to the circumstances of homosexuals.

Yeah, it's not like a guy can come out of the closet one day and go, "Mom, Dad... I'm black."

"What? How long has this been going on?"

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Did anyone notice:

-koji K.

You are a hypocrit.

-koji K.

It was not you saying this, it seems I am wrong

First time for everything, right?

[edit on 3-9-2004 by American Mad Man]

no probs

-koji K.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226
Grady is a bitter partisan Bush supporter who, now faced with the facts of a failed administration, holds onto his commitment to Bush out of spite, and hatred for what he calls "liberals."

Out of spite for what? He knows a good leader when he sees one. Everyone that supports President Bush has the ability to see a good leader when they see one. Hatred for "liberals"? Liberals is the modern term for "pinko Americans". In other words, they embrace an ideology parallel to Marxism.

Telling the truth to the American people is the #1 job of any President.

You need to turn back the pages of history several years and remember Bush's predecessor.

Promising us a bunch of new programs for the next 4 years, when you were President for 4 years already, is too little, too late.

What do you want him to do? Nothing? He has done a tremendous job at at the helm. We are DAMNED lucky to have a leader with his type caliber.

Going to war with nations because a few Neocons in your administration tell you that you will be a failure if you don't is not being a good President.

You really don't think that President Bush is that naive? Won't be a good president if he didn't go to war? If this was the case, we wouldn't be talking about whether or not President Bush is going to win the election in November. He'd been replaced for incompetance 18 months ago.

With Afghanistan, we were on the right track...but moving our troops to Iraq for no reason, with no threat, and rhetoric about "mushroom clouds" from the President, is not American.

Iraq had been a threat for more than 10 years at the time of the invasion. The Taliban was threat. But Saddam's regime, left unchecked, would have eventually became a threat to large to contain with the forces that was and now is present in Iraq.

We invaded a country who was not an "imminent" or "gathering threat," and left Osama to run away with plans for future destruction. This President has allowed Israel to craft our foreign policy under the guise of "America's Interests."

We have a duty to Israel and they had no part of "crafting" our foreign policy in the Middle East. We are constantly telling Israel to back down when they feel the need to retaliate for attacks on their homeland and their citizens. This must be very frustrating for them, to have the ability to utterly destroy her enemies but abide to our wishes for peace sakes.

And what happens when you question this GO-IT-ALONE policy of "transforming the world?"

Alone? I hate to disappoint you, but we're not doing it alone. I'm starting to beleive you haven't got the whole story here.

You are a terrorist.

No. I beleive the word you're looking for is pacifist in answering the above question.

How easy it is to say when you have never seen the battlefield, or shed blood for your country.

A good and leader doesn't have to see the battlefeild or get his blood spilled for his country in order to make a decision as to whether or not to send troops into battle. He just have to have high morales and Pres. Bush possesses this quality.

True, however...we would be 1000 Americans soldiers stronger, $200+ billion richer, 6000+ soldiers WITHOUT injuries, NOT hated by ofthe rest the world, and in a REAL POSITION TO DEAL WITH IRAN AND N. KOREA.

Have you any estimates on how many soldiers would be KIA? How much money this would cost? How many injuries would be inflicted? How even more popular we will become with the rest of thworld if we were "to deal" with North Korea and Iran? These people won't come to the table to talk peace neither.

We have basically trapped ourselves, and made ourselves weak. Iran is getting nukes because they know we are too busy to stop them. N. Korea sees hows busy we are killing in the Middle East, that Jong Il sees an opportunity to crank up his nuclear program, and become an ACTUAL THREAT.

We are far from being weak. And they are far from being powerful.

But no, you all will continue to blindy support this President, and his failed administration. Facts won't bother you...America's low standing in the world won't bother you, American's dying for nothing won't bother you.

There may be some soldiers out there that's against it, but the majority of our fighting forces sincerly know and beleive that the president and their obligations to our Commander in Chief is very much worth the sacrifices that they make, despite what others may think.

We didn't even finish the job in Afghanistan properly, and they are facing more attacks day after day. And they expect to have elections next month.

Whoever said that the war on terror was going to an easy task? It will take at least a good generation to even start making any headway in changing the veiws of the people who despise us so badly. It my take longer and it may not, but it's not going to done this next week or next month. I really don't see it happening next year. But I can tell you, if we are relentless at fighting the terrorist as they are to kill us, we will be victorious in the long haul. And then everyone will agree that it was all well worth it.

But no, the people are "free." (right?)

Liberated from a tyrant.

Look, Bush may have good intentions, but it is not working out. He had his chance. He offers no apology for misleading us into Iraq, because he has backed himself into a corner.

Terrorism is the purpose of us being in Iraq. 45% of America seems have really short-term memory or they are being brain-washed by leftist media.

Our children will be paying the price of this administration long, long after Bush leaves the White House. The worldwide consequences of this man's 4 years as leader of the free world are tremendous.

As our parents paid for World War 2, but it was worth it. No American soldier died in vain in that conflict.

God help us.

This statement is the only one that made any sense at all.

[edit on 3/9/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:53 AM
link   
IntelEarthling, you are quickly becoming one of my fav posters

You are spot on with everything you just said.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
Interesting points:

Bush said. "To stand with workers in poor communities and those that have lost manufacturing, textile, and other jobs we will create American opportunity zones. In these areas, we'll provide tax relief and other incentives to attract new business, and improve housing and job training to bring hope and work throughout all of America."

and

"We will offer a tax credit to encourage small businesses and their employees to set up health savings accounts, and provide direct help for low-income Americans to purchase them," Bush said. "In a new term, I will ensure every poor county in America has a community or rural health center."

I like the sound of both of these ideas - but I want details.

I wonder where these "American opportunity zones" will be located. It sounds like your either with us or against us. So you will not be able to get a job outside of these zones? They must have been sent overseas. My mistake.

You will get the tax credit if you own an suv, that one is already in affect. They must be changing it to two suv's.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Personally I though Bush looked as false and insincere as they come (as usual).

I also thought the content of his speech as glib and trite a load of clich as I've ever had the misfortune of ever having made myself listen to in one go.

What the hell is wrong with 'that' section of US society that seems only capable of acting like a pavlovian dog? No matter how infantile or content-free the speech all that has to be tagged on every few lines is a quick "God bless America" (oh, and the latest favourites 9/11, war on terror etc) and they act like they just heard the wisest most erudite speech ever.

I can't believe these people are serious. I think they have a huge great laugh at people behind their backs for the purile way they can now get away with treating 'their' supporters.

It's not just the republicans (though they are, by far the worst and most obviously calculating about it) either.

Dumbed down politics aimed at the mental reasoning capacity of 12yr olds IMO.

(I never thought I'd see something so tragically absurd as "Girly-men" politics being taken seriously by supposed adults in the 21st century).

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
"I'm watching President Bush give his accetance speech and in his first ten minutes of speaking, he has been more solid and confident in his speaking than I've ever witnessed Senator Kerry the entire time he's been campaigning. Senator Kerry's speeches just seem so hollow and shady. "

A definate bush supporter here, notice the spelling of acceptance above, part of the strategery plan I am sure. Never ask a man to do something you aren't willing to do yourself. And yet bush/cheney who avoided Vietnam like little girls ask men to die in Iraq for us all day long.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Everything surrounding Bush and his speech was just plain creepy. There was SO MUCH American flag-waving, I got nausious. Don't get me wrong - I love our flag and what it is supposed to stand for (truth, justice, freedom, peace), but that was RIDICULOUS! They shoved it down our throat and drowned us in a sea of red, white and blue.

Then there was the speech. It was so Orwellian it was freaky. He and the GOP are the most paranoid bunch of fanatics I have ever seen.

Osammy's gonna come gitcha, less'n ya vote for Bush!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Think for yourselfs people, dont believe in a frokkin flag..its just a piece of cloth. In the usa more then 60 procent of the people still believe iraq has WMD, or had, that makes me laught, think for yourself......waving flags, the world is much safer, is it ? Is the world safer since bush came ? For what i see it becoming less safe everyday....

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
He said sending troops to war was the hardest thing he's ever had to do. It should be, considering he got his daddy to get him outta going to war. The feelings of guilt must be a bitch.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Perhaps you are more right than even you realize:
www.sfgate.com.../chronicle/archive/2002/07/28/IN244190.DTL

link   
Bush has done in 4 years than Roosevelt? Are you an idiot?

link   
It is something about bush body language last night that looked arrogant and spiteful.

The twitch of his shoulder and the way he move his head show defiance and the looks of a person that not matter what you think he will do as he pleases.

Weird, not approachable at all.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I don't know him, of course; but from everything I've read (wide variety of sources), he sounds like a totally spoiled, arrogant, spiteful, vindictive, ignorant, once destructive, swaggering man. A man who respects little to no one and who thinks he's not accountable to anyone. Scary.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I would love to have been there to see the young and f**ked up Bush challenge his father to go mano amano. His dad would have flattened his silly a$$.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join