It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSatinDancer

everyone has these feelings sometimes. you are talking about these feelings like they are actions and I never mentioned anything like that so you don't need to be afraid of that. What I chose to do was stand my ground and stare at paint and deal with the fact that this chicks vibes make me want to jump and she needs to back it off and let people shop or speak her peace if she has something important to say. I do not start fights. try to resolve conflict by confronting it and facing reality because the bs is what starts.... like the fact that spreading aggression can result in violence when something unclear happens.... like a pack of aggressive dogs and then somebody moves too quick and everybody gets confused. next thing you know, dust is rising and dogs are getting scrappy. Energy SPREADS. If i'm making something clear with my mouth, I'm not using my fist....

OKay, yeah I get it, I think. I didn't mean to suggest you were doing anything hostile in act, yourself!

I just think I see this from a slightly different angle, but appreciate hearing yours and seeing through different eyes for a moment!

The description of this event gives an example which makes it easier for me to understand what exactly you are refering to. I do think energy spreads- and I think it is a natural evolved part of our biology, on levels we cannot consciously be aware of, our body sympathetically picks up the biological and physiological changes in others around us and mirrors them. This actually has some real value and usage in a natural environment for survival, but in modern society, it can often be useless and a hindrance.

But see, (this is just my alternate view, to share, not saying anyone else needs to see or do same!) In that circumstance, strangers who have an emotion going on that is contagious have nothing else to do with me (if they are not taking any action towards me.) I tend to separate the emotion or energy from the way they have chosen to direct it and give it reasoning and rationalization. (what it is "about" and why)

For one thing, it is very hard to guess those intellectual formations they have. Emotions, we can feel and read, thoughts, in all their complexity, can vary so much in subtle ways that I will tend to assume they are thinking "whatever I would be thinking in their shoes"......but they have a different mind and it could be radically different than what I assumed!

So if they aren't going to engage with me, or TELL me what they are thinking or intending about me, then it is irrelevant to me, I wave that aside. Perhaps their feelings have NOTHING to do with me! Perhaps they got in a fight with their spouse that morning and still feeling angry, and sort of on the lookout for a good venting occasion!

So I separate the energy from their thoughts, and then it is just neutral energy I now have. I can either save it up through thinking in ways that will continue the production of these chemicals in my body, and spend the energy later or use it in the moment to do something completely unrelated to the person I got it from.

edit on 14-11-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join