It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank You On This Veterans Day and Every Day.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
For your tomorrow we gave our today
When you go home
Tell them of us and say
For your tomorrow
We gave our today
Kohima Epitaph composed by Major John Etty-Leal and is engraved on the War Memorial to commemorate the men of the British 2nd Division who fell in the Battle of Kohima in 1944.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Very well said, and T/Y VERY MUCH for the acknowledgement. Lately, over the past years I've questioned my own service because I feel that my service... the 1st gulf war, does not measure up 2 the sacrifices that our currant force has made.. The real fact is I gave what I had at my time and I should be able to hold my head up because I was there and stood up! But these REAL heroes who've done 2++ tours are well BEYOND heroic and I think of them daily! God Bless them all! I'm in awe of our troops, all of em.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The only 20th Century war that could remotely be described as 'just' is the Second World War and after that, it all gets a bit messy. I have sympathy and gratitude for the troops who were led into the unnecessary slaughter of the First war, as well as those shot for supposed cowardice, when in fact they had PTSD. I also commemorate every civilian death, on all sides.

These days troops are professionals, fighting for their governments - that's the truth of it. No one forced them to fight, they chose it as a career. Even so, they are still treated like rubbish by their employers, left damaged mentally and physically by both fighting and the process of making them soldiers in the first place. On Remembrance Sunday my strongest thought is to wonder if we're so advanced, why haven't we established a better way of resolving conflicts yet?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Thank you for the thought and your time also. 1st BLT 1146 U.S.M.C

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Satans army desrve no praise. All veterans deserve to repent or go to hell.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RightWingAvenger
reply to post by elevatedone

Satans army desrve no praise. All veterans deserve to repent or go to hell.

Ladies and gentlemen, give a big hand for the Westboro baptist church!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Happy Veterans' Day 2014!

You are Heros. And we may not say it enough, but we all owe our Lives and Freedom to YOU.

www.miamiherald.com...=5-Minute_Herald
RELIEVING VETERANS' PTSD THROUGH HORSES, WATER - EVEN YOGA

"When the will defies fear, when duty throws the gauntlet down to fate, when honor scorns to compromise with death, that is Heroism." Robert Green Ingersoll

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join