It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank You On This Veterans Day and Every Day.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Ex USAF here; in time I've decided it's what is in people's hearts when they serve their country that counts, not what is happening on the worldwide or political front. Having served in the late 1960's, having been lucky enough to still be kicking around in my middle 60's, I see things much more in-depth now than I did all those years ago.
These days I may regret my country's involvement on several fronts over the years, but I've never regretted my reasons, as I saw them in my younger years, for signing up.

Tonight I'll drink a toast to all who have attained Veteran status, & especially to all who would have attained it, had they made it that far.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Thank you to EVERY veteran, new and old, active and retired, dead or alive, all branches, all services and a personal thank you to both my mother and father (air force) my big brother (marines) and my husband (active duty army).

"The Will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you"

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
ALL politics aside.......
Thank You~!~

edit on 11-11-2011 by Black_Fox because: SpELLiNg

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Thank you to all my brothers and sisters who died fighting for what they believe in. Thank you to the OP for remembering
. Army veteran 25 Uniform OIF,OEF 2004-2009. I was medically discharged every single day is a hardship knowing I'm not there to support them.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Much respect for all Veterans out there! Thank you for your service, bravery, courage and honor!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The greatest honor we can bestow upon Veterans is to pledge to never make a new one. Alas, we continue paying taxes that fund the industrial military complex and our current leaders continue to "smile while they kill"( John Lennon) all the while spouting off patriotic rhetoric. Denouncing patriotism is the second greatest honor we can give our Veterans. “Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind.” ~ John Donne

Sincerely,
A Combat Veteran

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Godbless every human being who has served their country. Without our Military, and the men and women who sign up to serve in it, we would be vulnerable. Although opinions defer greatly, there is evil out there who kill because that's what they enjoy. It happens all over the globe. Instead of letting it spread, there are those who stand up against it, from many different countries. Although I believe in peace one day, how would it ever ensue if nobody stood up to the evil that exists throughout the world? So thanks to all who have and who will serve. This is what inspired me when I was very young, and is the reason I joined.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Why don't veterans get veterans day off? Kids in schools do! My Father is a veteran. He has to work today. I'm sure he would rather take a day off of work to celebrate this holiday than be told "thank you.. but get to work veteran!"

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Thanks Dad, for your time served in the USAF--in order to make a better life for your family and country. I Love You and Miss You.

To all my friends who are currently serving or have served in every single branch of the military, I can't tell you how much I appreciate you and hold you in high regard. To those lost, I miss you.

To any military member reading this right now, please know that your sacrifices are maybe sometimes overlooked, but not forgotten by many of us. Happy Veteran's Day. Treat yourself right.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Stand tall, be proud for who and what you are as an individual person.Those of us that have been there,done that, know it is not easy to put you life on the line and if you didn't know what you were getting into when you did it...........................................I'll bet you do now.

There are those of us out here that will alwys be there for you...no matter what.

Stay safe!!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
A big Thank You to all of our past and present service members! I truly appreciate your many sacrifices.

Thanks for the OP!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Yes, to the vets, my hubby included in that.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I was proud to serve my Country, not my Government.

I still remember my oath, and still trying hard to uphold it.

I just really thought it would always be Foreign, not Domestic that would be the problem.

Next year will be 30 years ago that I went into the USAF to serve.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I want to post a happy veterans day to all my brothers and sisters out there. May we get to enjoy this day with good friends and family, and remember those who have fallen.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Thank you, veterans.
I may not have a lot of money or power and things seem a little hairy from time to time these days, but just the other day, I was grilling a steak on my back deck, sipping on a beer, with my dog laying at my side chewing a stick. I thought to myself how lucky I was at that moment. At the risk of sounding like a Toby Kieth song, I felt like an American. And lucky to be one.
No offense intended to other nationalities. I'm sure you have similar moments too.

During those peaceful moments, I have to be thankful for those that fought and still do. Thank you and your families for your sacrifices, brothers and sisters. Enjoy today.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Respect to all WW1&2 Veterans who put their lives on the line to defend democracy, our way of life and country, unlike NATO.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Thanks OP - I logged on just to see if such a thread was going!

I know you all didn't do it to hear a "Thank You" - but I also know you probably don't hear it enough.

You protect us - pure and simple.

It helps me sleep better at night knowing that all of you are there, and have been there the whole time.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Armistice Day is for the fallen, it is a remembrance of the slaughter and destruction of war. Poppies are the symbol of the day in the UK because those were among the first flowers to return to the desolation of World War 1 battlefields. I'd hope that people take not just this day but every day to remember all who died or were wounded in action, including the civilians amongst whom wars are fought, but who had no choice in the matter.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I'll "thank a vet" when I find one that meets the following criteria:
1. was on the battlefield actually IN combat, not an army cook or someone behind a desk
2. volunteered to join (not drafted)
3. was not compensated/paid

Everyone else was just doing their job. You don't get a special day or a thank you for doing your job, its what you're supposed to do. How about thanking someone who saves lives, like a doctor or EMT? And don't give me the argument that veterans save lives. Taking lives to save lives makes your argument invalid.

/rant over

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Thank you and much love to all who has served our country.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join