It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the love of god, can you please cook something else, WTH IS THAT?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by LogiosHermes27

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
reply to post by LogiosHermes27

It would help if you were to say what has been made over and over again!

My taste buds just need to be satified more,she bakes every single thing you can imagine because she has high blood presure,i .....cant take it no more.

So...you are missing fried foods? That sensation of crunch in the bite? Need more details of what you are seeking.

Also, what can you cook now....do you know your way around the kitchen.

Yeah, fried foods is the way to go. Just add beer to any and all batter. Even when not frying food. Such as adding beer to pizza dough.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Sorry!! Missed the part that you don't eat fish... I shall try a come up with something else

'Fillets of Wild Sea Bass with a Warm Salad of New Potatoes with Cherry Tomatoes & Fresh Basil'

This is a best seller in my restaurant along with Baked Crab.

Ingredients (this recipe is for 1 person, so just increase the quantities)

3 tbsp Sunflower Oil
2 fillets Bass 100-125 g each
Maldon Salt (pure sea salt)
Fresh Ground Balck Pepper
5 New Potatoes, peeled and boiled
8 Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half around their middles
1 Lemon, halved
1 tbsp of course chopped flat leaf parsley
6 fresh leaves fresh Basil

Method

Put the grill on full. Pour 2 tbsp of sunflower oil onto a baking tray. Lay the fillets skin side down and season with the salt and pepper, then turn the fillets skin side up. Slice the new potatoes into rings about 1/2 cm thick and place in a mixing bowl with the cherry tomatoes. Add 1 tbsp of sunflower oil and the juice from half a lemon. Put the fish under the grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes skin side up, or until cooked. Meanwhile put the mixing bowl in the microwave and warm for 30 to 40 seconds on full power. Once heated through roughly tear the fresh basil and stir into the warmed salad with the chopped parsley. Using a slotted spoon place the salad onto a warmed plate with the remaining half of the lemon to one side. Put the fish on the plate skin side down with each fillet overlapping itself.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

You should end up with something like this. Hope it helps

edit on 21/09/11 by InitiumArietis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

One great idea I can offer if you are not wanting to hurt your wife's feelings regarding her choice of meals is;

sitting down together and creating a menu plan for a month at a time. If you involve yourself in the menu decisions it will be easier for her to change up the recipes without you having to tell her you are sick of the same old same old!

In doing so you will also have an opportunity to shop from your menu choices and only buying the ingredients you need to make those meals, therefore being able to save money at the check out as well.....

Just a thought!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Now a good recipe with Parmesan Cheese.

Take one package of bow tie pasta - I like the veggie different colored ones, white, dark red, green, orange Wacky Mac Veggie Bows 12 oz package
Take one package of Hillshire Farm Deli Select Smoked ham ultra Thin 97% Fat Free no artificial flavors - 9 oz. Red plastic top container (container can be reused instead of buying glad containers)
1 big triagle of Parmesan cheese at least 5 oz. (You will have to grate this yourself)
A bunch of fresh spinach

Boil and drain really well, I use a colander and then drain the bow ties on a clean towel, to remove all water.

chop up / cut ham to bite size

wash spinach with cold water and dry on another towel, real well

grate cheese

Mix all together in a really really big bowl (I have a big stainless steel bowl I use) - sometimes I use about 7-9 oz of Parmesan Cheese cause you cannot put too much parmesan cheese on the things it goes with

Then put into a plastic container with a lid. A big plastic glad container or a big plastic cake container.

Now, you can heat it by the bowl or eat cold.

If you nuke a soup bowl full don't over nuke it. Doesn't need to be real hot or bake. I like it cold in the summer and nuke it slightly till the cheese is soft in the winter.

Makes a lot - enough for a party but no matter how much I make, it's all gone in a day and a half.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I just sort of throw stuff together. Been cooking 49 years.

Take one big family size package of Stouffer's macaroni and cheese
A big package (a lot) of really good 98% lean ground beef
2 packages of McCormick Cheesy Taco Mix
milk - don't know how much maybe 1/2 cup to 1 cup? start small you can always add more

Brown hamburger - get rid of ALL THE GREASE
Nuke the mac and cheese and pour it in with the browned and drained hamburger
Add the two packages of Cheesy Taco Mix and milk
Stir around, lower heat - don't cook this on high.

Eat..................fast, easy.

Now you will need to adjust the mac and cheese and meat to your liking.

I make a double batch and it's all gone by the next morning.

It reheats easily.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Healthy Dish

Take one good size Zucchini Squash and one good size yellow neck squash and slice them thin.
Take a lot of mushrooms (I like portobello cause they're meatier)

Cut the mushrooms up into small thin slices

A little olive oil

Some chicken breast you've done on the grill

A little about 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth

Now throw it all in the pan with the olive oil, not too much olive oil - just enough to keep the veggies and chicken from not sticking to the pan - you can use Pam Spray too if you want...........I use olive oil.

Throw it all in a big frying pan or wok and lightly saute, season with a little pepper, tarragon (tiny bit) and maybe a little (I mean a tiny bit) of madras Curry Powder by Sun Brands Merwanjee Poonjiajee & Sons

mix / toss and put lid on.

Only cook for a few minutes, you don't want over cooked, just lightly sauted.

Mine is like the little tin on the right

I've been cooking for so long that I don't really measure stuff anymore.

Now go easy on the curry powder till you see if you like it.

even 1/8th of a teaspoon might be too much, just a pinch.

Also there is a seasoning my son's ex girlfriend from PR introduced me to and it's really good called Goya Adobo All purpose seasoning. Label says Bitter Orange Naranja Agria, sprinkle some of that in there too to spike it up.
edit on 17-6-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Rice, Broccoli, Cheese, Beans and Ham

Need:

* A small amount of olive oil or Pam Olive Oil Spray (Olive Oil is good for you)

*2 packages of Uncle Bens in a orange package already cooked rice (whatever flavor you like they have a lot) each package is 8.5 oz

* Deli thin sliced ham or chicken on the grill (white skinned breast meat) cut up small into bit size

* 1 15 oz jar of Tostitios Salsa Con Queso medium (orange/yellow cheese)

* 1 - 12.6 oz package of Birds Eye Broccoli Florets

* 1 can of Goya Black Beans Frijoles negros organically Grown 15.5 oz (make sure you drain these in a colander real well)

Take Deli Sliced Ham (again we use Hill Shire Farms thin deli slice in the red top container)
cut it up to bite size
spray deep frying pan with pan or lightly (lightly, just a bit) of olive oil
put ham in pan and cook a little bit more - use as much or little ham or chicken as you want, your preference, some people like a lot of meat others a little

Take 2 Uncle Bens Ready Whole Grain Medley Brown & Wild Rice or the Butter and Garlic or the 4 cheeses.......heck any of these packages come in all flavors and micro wave in 1 minute! 8.5 oz per package

Nuke both rice packages for 1 minute, set rice aside.

Put ham and the frozen broccoli in a deep frying pan or wok and cook on low or medium heat until broccoli is crisp and warmed all the way through....don't over cook, don't want mushy or soft broccoli. Want Broccoli a bright green color.

When broccoli is ready then add both packages of rice and 1 jar of Tostitios Queso medium Salsa Con (yellow / orange jar cheese)............don't use the whole jar just most it.

Take one can of Goya Black Beans Organically grown 15.5 oz, drain and rinse and drain them real good then throw them in last as they are already cooked.

mix/toss turn on low, never cook any of this stuff on high.

The stuff looks like this in the store.

Again, I just sort of throw this stuff together there are a lot of sites (hundreds) just google fast easy one dish meals.

And.................men can be good cooks too, surprise her one night and find and cook a dinner.

I have a thumb drive of about 400 recipes I get from the following sites:

www.recipe.com...

fasteasyrecipe.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Also get a crock pot...............I like wild rice and instead of water I use Chicken Broth (and I usually need more than what they tell you on the package.

Wild rice will take a while to cook but it's worth it as it has a nuttier flavor and is healthier for you.

For the best pea soup...................Chef John at Foodwishes: foodwishes.blogspot.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join