It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the love of god, can you please cook something else, WTH IS THAT?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Before I get a divorce and lose my freaking mind, can some one please give me a good recipe for me and my family before my taste buds go on strike...or before i find a better cook.

I told my wife that i will do all the cooking from now on, and that she can take a break from any cooking responsiblities that she has as far as feeding me and the kids,but i didnt tell her why.

Shes not a bad cook, but its the same thing over, and over, and over, and over ,and over again.i dont care if your house hold is white, black, spanish, indian, german, jamaican or even alien,i just need some fresh good recipes.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LogiosHermes27

It would help if you were to say what has been made over and over again!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
(chuckling) Your wife sounds like my mother. When she discovered Pig in a blanket we must have eaten it three times a week.

Buy a copy of Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child. Easy recipes and wonderfully good.

This blog is a great resource: www.fumblingfoodie.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Check out the following website:

www.mrfood.com...

It has fairly easy recipes with things most people have around the house. It has everything, all the recipes are simple and most turn out great! Here is one from the website that my husband is crazy about:

AMISH COUNTRY CASSEROLE

The Amish are known for many homestyle dishes, and this warm and comforting casserole is one of them. It's so tasty, it's no wonder it's been passed down from generation to generation.

Serves: 8
Ingredients

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium-sized onion, chopped
1 pound ground beef
1 (16-ounce) package wide egg noodles
1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed tomato soup
1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika

Instructions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.

In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat and saute onion 2 to 3 minutes. Add ground beef and cook 4 to 6 minutes, or until browned.

In a large soup pot, cook noodles according to package directions; drain well and return noodles to pot. Add ground beef mixture and remaining ingredients, except paprika; mix well. Place in prepared casserole dish and sprinkle with paprika.

Cover and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until heated through.

It makes a lot, it's hearty and tasty, and with a good veggie or salad and bread, it's a sure winner. Plus it is very easy to make.

Sometimes we get stuck in a rut when cooking. The internet makes it easy to try new things and add new favorite recipes to your repertoire of what you cook on a regular basis.

Good luck!!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Perhaps you're missing that special ingredient she puts in...Love.

Why else would she cook over and over and over again for her family?

Sharpen your taste buds...it's in there...and then add a little salt to taste.

For a real treat...take her out to dinner.

But seriously, I agree with another poster here. Try cooking as a family. It might not always be tasty, but it'll be fun!

Peace

edit on 10-11-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
How old are your children and how many? Also, any food allergies you know of?

I think it's sweet of you to take over some of the cooking instead of getting a new cook. Your wife is lucky.

Do you prefer meals that you can prepare in under and hour, I don't know your work schedule.

This could be a lot of fun for your family

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi

My taste buds just need to be satified more,she bakes every single thing you can imagine because she has high blood presure,i .....cant take it no more.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbarnhart
(chuckling) Your wife sounds like my mother. When she discovered Pig in a blanket we must have eaten it three times a week.

Buy a copy of Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child. Easy recipes and wonderfully good.

This blog is a great resource: www.fumblingfoodie.com...

What about a speciel dish that you like to cook.i want to hear from real people with good home recipes,thanks for the link.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogiosHermes27

My taste buds just need to be satified more,she bakes every single thing you can imagine because she has high blood presure,i .....cant take it no more.

So...you are missing fried foods? That sensation of crunch in the bite? Need more details of what you are seeking.

Also, what can you cook now....do you know your way around the kitchen.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Check out the following website:

www.mrfood.com...

It has fairly easy recipes with things most people have around the house. It has everything, all the recipes are simple and most turn out great! Here is one from the website that my husband is crazy about:

AMISH COUNTRY CASSEROLE

The Amish are known for many homestyle dishes, and this warm and comforting casserole is one of them. It's so tasty, it's no wonder it's been passed down from generation to generation.

Serves: 8
Ingredients

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium-sized onion, chopped
1 pound ground beef
1 (16-ounce) package wide egg noodles
1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed tomato soup
1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika

Instructions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.

In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat and saute onion 2 to 3 minutes. Add ground beef and cook 4 to 6 minutes, or until browned.

In a large soup pot, cook noodles according to package directions; drain well and return noodles to pot. Add ground beef mixture and remaining ingredients, except paprika; mix well. Place in prepared casserole dish and sprinkle with paprika.

Cover and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until heated through.

It makes a lot, it's hearty and tasty, and with a good veggie or salad and bread, it's a sure winner. Plus it is very easy to make.

Sometimes we get stuck in a rut when cooking. The internet makes it easy to try new things and add new favorite recipes to your repertoire of what you cook on a regular basis.

Good luck!!

Thats what im talking about,serves 8 huh.
Perfect because im feeding 10,lol.
What kind of bread do you serve?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a quick easy meal that make
though use waterbuffalo here easier to get than beef ..

But can also do with beef, chicken (use breastmeat) or pork.

1. Slice meat of choice into thin strips.
2. Marinade overnight in dark soy sauce w/chopped up chilli in (normally I use 2 chilli's but unless you like very spicy would recommend use 1/2 of a chilli.)

next day cook
heat up pan put in dash of oil then cook meat add in veggies - bellpepper, tomatos, bok choi, bean sprouts, thin slice of ginger (sliver) (also add the tomato last 30 seconds of cooking or else they get soggy) takes about 5 min to make serve with rice.

Sorry I never measure when cook just add by bit of this bit of that method.. so cant give exact measurements.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The exact reason why I am the main cook in the family.
I learned to cook out of necessity cause my mom burnt everything.
Then I married and she cooked like she came from a prison camp.
Cooking takes time and love.
I love to cook.
It all depends on your skills.
Here is a simple,but tasty one.
If you like pork chops.
Take some flour,mix in some pepper and salt,or any other spices you may want to add.
Take your porkchops and coat it in that mixture.
Have a pan with some oil, vegetable or other,heated to fry,say about 400 degrees F.
cook the chops on each side about 5 mins,then remove.
Drain the oil,maybe leaving a little of it.
Pour in some french onion soup and creme of mushroom soup.
Add your porkchops and cook for about 45 mins..

Get some potatoes or instant potatoes and some veggies.
There is a meal!

edit on 10-11-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Perhaps you're missing that special ingredient she puts in...Love.

Why else would she cook over and over and over again for her family?

Sharpen your taste buds...it's in there...and then add a little salt to taste.

For a real treat...take her out to dinner.

But seriously, I agree with another poster here. Try cooking as a family. It might not always be tasty, but it'll be fun!

Peace.

That is some real good advice and I will most diffidently try to cook as a family more then what we have been doing as a family, that’s the best advise in years, thanks. I think we will just do all the cooking together from now on…as a family.
edit on 10-11-2011 by LogiosHermes27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Or just go here and enjoy.

www.pauladeen.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

I think it's sweet of you to take over some of the cooking instead of getting a new cook. Your wife is lucky.

Do you prefer meals that you can prepare in under and hour, I don't know your work schedule.

12,12,14,15,18,20,20, 21
lol,i have 2 sets of twins plus me and my wife.
i prefer meals from 5 minutes to 24hrs i dont care,lol.
My 18 year old daughter is alergic to seafood,other then that,we eat everything .

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Take this advice:

Cook two separate meals. Just because she bakes everything due to high pressure doesn't mean you need to follow suit. Your satisfaction with your diet is important for your mental state.

I'm vegan. My love is not. I don't eat processed foods or MSG. My love does. If we were to eat the same meals, my love would go insane. Just because the meals are different it doesn't mean you can't eat together as the one family.

Go to www.supercook.com...

Simply input the ingredients you have and it'll generate easy recipes.

This is best solution, trust me. Tried and tested.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

So...you are missing fried foods? That sensation of crunch in the bite? Need more details of what you are seeking.

Also, what can you cook now....do you know your way around the kitchen.

Yess 'Destinyone',i know my way around the kitchen, and yes fried foods are pretty much an absense in my home,we might have fried foods once a month. Im just trying to find 5 new dishes to complement my home.

I told my wife she no longer has to cook,but after listing to other posters,i will tell her we will cook together as a family,something we havnt done in a while.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

LOL - A friend of mine recently told me at some point in the past his wife had been health tested and the result of that health screening (none before or after) came back indicating she had high cholesterol... He said that before that, he used to love salmon.... Then she cooked salmon for months! I got the impression he "no likey salmon" so much any more...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

12,12,14,15,18,20,20, 21
lol,i have 2 sets of twins plus me and my wife.
i prefer meals from 5 minutes to 24hrs i dont care,lol.
My 18 year old daughter is alergic to seafood,other then that,we eat everything .

Damn,I would make each one of them take turns to cook.
When my daughter was 9 years old,she started cooking us breakfast on the weekends.
She is 13 and is expanding on her cooking skills.
My son is 10 and he has started cooking also.
It pays to teach them independence early on,not saying you are not.
I would get input from them on what they would like and get them involved.
I went through that were my family said they were tired of the same old same old.
So I told them to come up with what they would like .
Have them come up with a recipe for the whole family to try.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Pick up this Eating for Life cookbook - it will make you both happy.

The recipes are easy, healthy, and yummy and have great pictures. So you can see if it looks appealing. I think my family favorites are the turkey meatloaf, the goulash and the shredded chicken enchiladas. I also recommend the "Taste of Home" - Heartwarming Soups editions. I have made so many of these... We love the pasta fazouli, the spinach lentil stew, Carribean black bean soup, and on and on!
edit on 10-11201111-1111 by gwynnhwyfar because: Added more links.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join