It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Neighbours" - a short film

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

In this OscarĀ®-winning short film, Norman McLaren employs the principles normally used to put drawings or puppets into motion to animate live actors. The story is a parable about two people who come to blows over the possession of a flower.
source I wanted to add that the quality of the video on the sourced link is much better than the embedded one from youtube

I really enjoyed that, I hope it is posted in the right forum, I thought the message of the film is ultimately a commentary of the social behavior of man. One comment though, for those who watch it what is your take on the faces (later in the film), is that native or animalistic- if native, the implication is not something I agree with.
edit on 10-11-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I'm lucky enough to have a friend in animation that knew this director.
It's neither animalistic nor tribal, but 'devilish'.
It's a good little film, I recall this film from when I was a kid, I believe on PBS as a space filler.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCounselor

cool thanks for clarifying that its a devil face. My girlfriend was ranting that it was a slight againt natives, a reflection of the fact they were openly called savages for so long. Shes a political major though so its expected haha.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

It might be that some tribes used a fierce, 'devilish' motif in tattoos and body painting, to be more terrifying to enemies, thus the similarity. To me, it looks like Kabuki masks.

top topics

join