It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remembrance Day here in Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Here in Australia, and other parts of the world, we pay our respects to those who made the ultimate sacrifice in the defence of their Country by holding a minutes silence at the 11th hour, on the 11th Day of the 11th Month in respect of our fallen heroes.

Lest we forget!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Lest we forget.

2nd

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
"They went with songs to the battle, they were young. Straight of limb, true of eyes, steady and aglow. They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted, They fell with their faces to the foe."

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning, We will remember them"

Lest we forget

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Isn't that what 'Anzac Day' is for? Is there now going to be two days where we celebrate the government sending people off to die in another country.
Super

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FlakeMaker

Anzac Day is a national day of remembrance in Australia and New Zealand, 25 April, to honour the members of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) who fought at Gallipoli during WW1.

It now more broadly commemorates all those who died and served in military operations for their countries.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Remembrance Day is the British/Commonwealth version of our Veteran's Day I believe.

Hats off and a salute to all veterans!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by aussiemisfit

Why do they then march all the current army regiments down the street every year on Anzac day, all the Vietnam veterans, and other unrelated sqadrons...

I think there's no true ANZACs left is there, so will that day now be abandoned?

Confusion

edit on 10-11-2011 by FlakeMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
my bad, apparently this day is to commemorate the end of the 1st world war.

thanks

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Lest we forget.

Hats off to my fellow countrymen who sacrificed their lives for us.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
There's a thread here showing the landscape in Western Europe still scarred from the fighting of WW1 - www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=774484.

I salute the brave men from Australia who fought for the Commonwealth on battlefields from France to the Phillipines in both great wars. My American grandfather was there with your men nearly a century ago.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

The ANZACs fought in France during World War I? I thought they only fought in the Middle East (Bersheba) & Turkey (Gallipoli).

new topics

top topics

join