It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the National Emergency "test" take place yesterday?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The fact that this 'test' was warned about 5-months in advance is suspicious enough but then we had the discrepancy of how long it was scheduled for. First it was 3-minutes and 30-seconds. Then somehow that was a 'misprint' in the email and was changed to 30-seconds.
So for a 30-second BLINK in our day, they felt compelled to 'warn' us 5-months in advance?? Really?

Then we had the 'time' discrepancy. Was it supposed to commence at 2PM Eastern time?.... or 10AM Hawaii time?..... or 11AM Central time? They weren't adding up and no one seemed to know.

Now....I wasn't paying attention to any of this yesterday so I have no idea if it transpired or not.

Okay, deep breath:
I know how most of us feel about Hoagland. Personally, I find him to be a little off the wall for my personal liking. So considering the source, I read this on another forum just now and I gotta tell you, if this is true, my conspiracy blood is about to boil over.

I cannot verify this because I don't 'do' Facebook'
So for what it's worth:

From Richard Hoaglands facebook

The nationwide Emergency Alert System (EAS) test did NOT take place today!

Portions of the nation DID have "some kind of "test" (in San Diego, according to our first-hand reporter, local television broadcasts were interrupted for 35 full minutes!).

In other sections -- like here, in Albuquerque -- NOTHING.

If, as we speculated earlier, this much-ballyhooed "test" was actually designed to allow the White House to comment on and calm fears around "anomalous behavior" of YU55, the fact that AFTER YU55 flew by without incident, such a "test" was also canceled, should not surprise us ....

And, so far, there has been NO official FEME or FCC explanation of "why" this test did NOT occur as announced ... and planned.

Just more "weridness" ....

What DID happen is this remarkable story re YU 55, put out by the BBC earlier today, in which THESE words leaped off the screen--

"Although invisible to the naked eye, scientists said they spotted STRANGE STRUCTURES ON ITS SURFACE as it [YU55] spun past at 30,000mph (48 280.32 km/h) [emphasis added] ...."

www.bbc.co.uk...

Stay tuned ....

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Yes it transpired. Went well on local stations, cable, radio as well here in the Northeast. Time varied tho, with some repeating, some just scrolled, etc. and a few glitches exist in various areas nationwide.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
They need to get that thing fixed so they can properly disclose the existence of alien life! Why else would we need a nation wide system?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazloFarnsworth
Yes it transpired. Went well on local stations, cable, radio as well here in the Northeast. Time varied tho, with some repeating, some just scrolled, etc. and a few glitches exist in various areas nationwide.

Then why in the world would Hoagland say something that can easily be verified?

I'm I losing it or has he lost it?

And nuthin' for nuthin'....how do you know it transpired nationally? Are you assuming? (not arguing with you. just trying to get a clear picture before I start an "I can't stand Hoagland thread")

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7
They need to get that thing fixed so they can properly disclose the existence of alien life! Why else would we need a nation wide system?

What do you mean? It worked very well for us on 9-11!
Oh yeah *sigh* No it didn't!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
We had no test at all here. Not a ticker, not a sound interruption, nada. Looks like they failed in a lot of other locations too. I guess they get an E for effort, but they're in poor shape should a disaster strike today, whether that emergency be natural or manmade.

~FugitiveSoul

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
the test went off all right, however it didnt go as planned. while a large majority got the normal broadcast, some got lady Gaga singing paparazzi instead...sadly that is not a joke

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Yeah, the state of Oregon did not get the test, and the reason was officially listed as "a software glitch". I started a thread about the failure in my area, which also contains a link to the local news station that reported the glitch.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, Oregon didn't get the radio test, I should say. We did have it on DirecTV here, but with Lady Gaga playing, which is odd itself.
edit on 11/10/2011 by ChachiArcola because: Added more info.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I personally witnessed the test and switched on cable, local and radio...and was talking with a friend 1,000 miles away. It was happening everywhere.

And we both by the way, are Emergency Volunteers. This is the way we would be alerted..."called-out'...as you say...in an Emergency.

Glitches were also present in various locales.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Then why in the world would Hoagland say something that can easily be verified?

He's lost it.
He started out as a reasonably ordinary observer of the weird "Face on Mars", writing books speculating on what it might be... and over the years has just gotten crazier and crazier, spouting ever more outlandishly stupid things with ever larger conspiracy theories encompasing more and more areas in bigger and bigger ways.

Personally, I'd like ATS to have an ignore feature, where I dont see any posts that mention his name.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

.....why in the world would Hoagland say something that can easily be verified?

He (Hoagland) never "had it" in the first place.

It is astonishing that anyone still takes anything he says seriously, at all. What happens when you give a hoaxer and possibly insane person attention?

It's like the "Do Not Feed The Troll" warning signs on the Internet. Hoagland will eventually slither away, if people would just ignore him......

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Ok, I didn't hear/see the broadcast, but I asked my mother-in-law (Alamosa, CO) and she said there was a normal sounding EB test.

Now, that aside... I'm interested in the "Lady Gaga glitch". Anyone else think this is super bizarre? Anyone notice anything weird (more weird than normal) in the video? I mean, this IS ATS...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It did work. You've all downloaded the signal into your subconscious and are all now Manchurian candidates.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Not sure if it even happened here in CT. I don't watch TV nor listen to the radio at ALL. I get all my media either from the internet or I listen to music or podcasts on my Zune. If they were planning to bulk send SMS messages well, I got nothing on my celli either.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I'm in Mexico. I detected nothing here. I was logged onto ATS and several other sites at the time, all originating in the US, and never lost signal for even a second. Of course, I could have just happened to be reading one page for more than thirty seconds and missed the whole thing.

THe fact that there were "glitches" speaks volumes. I guess in a real disaster, the entire state of Oregon is just, toast. Expendable? I was in the Big Quake in SF in 89, the ONE time in my entire life that the old Emergency Broadcast System, that they used to test all the time, could have served its purpose.

Yeah, it utterly failed. Completely useless. All air and TV and phones were dead for hours.

Definitely something very fishy about this whole thing.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Human it is good to see you on here . . . its been a while.
I hope you are well and not fretting things too much - the last time I saw you around ATS - you were worried about all the birds.

I wonder about this test, it seemed like it got quite the heads up - and now I scratch my head in wonder if it ever happened. Did not notice the test at all up here in North Central Florida. hmmmm

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Nothing i know of happened in Mississippi.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Yes, it happened. And as planned, it wasn't reliable.

Because of this successful failure, they now have the justification they need to argue that it should be extended to the web and phones as well. In other words, shut down the web and redirect all web page (DNS) requests to an alert page. And keep it that way until the terror alert is reduced from fire engine red to no higher than burnt sienna.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
He also said warheads would be launched at the asteroid. Oh and it would hit the moon.

There aren't enough
for that guy.

top topics

join