It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former head of Israel's Atomic Energy Commission : Iran won't get nukes till at least 2018...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Growing doubts in Israel about strike on Iran

Experts and political figures on Wednesday expressed growing doubts of Israel launching a military strike aimed at stopping Iran's nuclear drive, although such an attack hasn't been ruled out.

"Israel can not afford to act alone against Iran," said Uzi Eilam, former head of Israel's Atomic Energy Commission.

"We must guard against hysteria. Iran is not an existential threat to Israel," he told army radio.

"Even if Iran manages to detonate a nuclear device as did North Korea, it will take six to seven years to equip its missiles with nuclear warheads," he added.

Duh.

Not that actual FACTS will sway that extremist Netanyahu any other way...or religious fundies in the US, but hopefully it will change opinions in Israel so that Bibi doesn't have enough crazy people on his side to carry it out.
edit on 10-11-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
As always, I'm confused. What is there that makes Eilam's comments so much more factual than IAEA's?

Eilam ran Israel's nuclear program up to 1986. He's 25 years out of it. I'm sure he gets some information, but....

" ... Yet Uzi Eilam, a retired army brigadier-general who ran the Israeli Atomic Energy Commission between 1976 and 1986, said anything that Vanunu -- a cause célèbre among disarmament campaigners -- might still disclose about Dimona is of little relevance. "I've always believed he should be let go," said Eilam.

And Eilam certainly doesn't believe in Iran's innocence.

“ElBaradei didn’t just mess us up, he messed up the entire sane world,” added Uzi Eilam, former head of Israel’s Atomic Energy Agency. “He was dishonest his entire term. He is the one who stopped the Security Council from imposing serious sanctions, providing the Iranians with precious time.”

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Glad a guy like this is getting out there and trying to restore some sense of sanity to all of this.

I hope cooler heads prevail, I hope saner leadership comes back to Israel. Netanyahu is just about the worst leader they could possibly have in the current state of the world, well, maybe Avigdor Lieberman would be even worse.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I wonder?

Is there an IAEA report on Israel's nuclear capability?

Maybe people need to look at both sides of the mirror.

Some people think Israel may actually have no nukes, and will depend on support if and when.

WHO do we trust?

WHO are the real liers and WHO are the real professional bulldrekers?

top topics

join