It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD vs Islam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Law on NYPD's side in Muslim intel program?

The police do what they want," he said, standing in front of the empty storefront where his cafDe used to be. "If I went to court to sue, what do you think would happen? Things would just get worse.
Please point me in the right direction, as I can't find this discussion on ATS. It's about our privacy being eroded. It's about cops intimidating people to get them to leave an area. It seems like it's more than racial profiling. It seems racial.

I think if the government treats you different because you're from a particular part of the world, even if the surveillance is in a public place, it might violate the constitution," Berkan said. "But it's not a favorable judicial climate for me to make those kinds of arguments today
I thought The Constitution is what this country is based on. Is this an illegal search? Is it a violation? Does The Constitution even have the same meaning anymore, or has it been Animal Farmed out? Maybe it's just open for interpretation like other works of literature, like The Bible. Any attempt to clarify it would surely be sabotaged by TPTB. How powerful is it if the 18th amendment can be nullified by the 21st?
edit on 10-11-2011 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Nothing the NYPD does surprises me anymore. Corruption is rampant there. As sad as it is.. i find your story unsurprising. Abuse of their power is so prevalent in that organization that they openly protest for the right to be above the law. I wish whoever has to deal with them good luck.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The law allows the police, or anyone else to enter a public place. If anyone wants to ask for a restraining order they can, but what harm do you claim if a person is just sitting out in the open, not threatening or harassing anyone? And if it's the police, who have specific authorization to be there, good luck.

You think that privacy is being eroded? You get to dictate who sits on a bench across the street from your shop? Your thinking is that that is your private space?

The Constitution's 18th and 21st amendments? That's how the Constitution was designed to be changed, nothing sinister there. And you're upset about "interpretation?" That's what the Supreme Court does. As far as I know, every court in the world is supposed to interpret the law from time to time.

And no, an attempt to clarify the Constitution does not get stopped by the Powers. Give me convincing evidence that the Court has not been allowed to clarify the Constitution over the last fifty years.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
And you're upset about "interpretation?" That's what the Supreme Court does. As far as I know, every court in the world is supposed to interpret the law from time to time.
I'm not upset, I'm just pointing out how TPTB get to interpret the law. It kind of makes it looks like the laws are there for them and not us. Really, I'm someone who has zero trust for the government/corporation/world bank. I know the Bilderbergs think this is a peachy combo, but I don't see it.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Dear gentledissident,

Please accept my apologies, I had no business saying you were "upset." Perhaps "objecting to" would have been better, but I'll accept anything you desire there.

But I think there's a misunderstanding about interpretation and who does it.

Imagine a tribe who has no connection to the outside world, but does have a few rules of its own. One of the rules might be "No tribe member may stay away from the camp overnight without permission." Now say a tribe member comes back to the camp an hour before dawn. Is he punished? To figure that out, someone has to interpret the rule. What if he stays out overnight but only has permission from his 8 year old kid? More interpretation.

In almost every society those interpretations are written down, and, in the US, are the basis for future decisions. There are a lot of things I don't like about the government, and yes the courts get things wrong sometimes. But I wish you would point out an alternative to the courts.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
There are a lot of things I don't like about the government, and yes the courts get things wrong sometimes. But I wish you would point out an alternative to the courts.
Really, I don't have one. I just wanted to point out what we're up against. I really think we should drop out, form small self sufficient communities, and follow the 2nd oldest religion; Have a good time and don't hurt anyone. The oldest religion is; Have a good time. Anarchy does have its shortcomings.
edit on 10-11-2011 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join