It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fibromyalgia ???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Is there anyone on ATS that has been diagnoised with Fibromyalgia...??

My doctor is presently trying to elliminate any other possibilities.. but he is possitive i have Fibromyalgia.

Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain disorder affecting the soft tissues of the body (muscles, muscle coverings and ligaments) over a widespread area from the neck to the knees. In the past it has been called fibrositis and soft tissue rheumatism. A feature of this rather puzzling condition is that it is chronic, meaning that it lasts for at least 3 months and usually on and off for years. What is the cause? The cause of fibromyalgia is unknown. What is known is that certain chemical substances produced in the central nervous system circulate to the soft tissues and make them very sensitive to sensations of pain. There is no hidden serious disease, injury or other damage that causes the problem. There maybe a genetic predisposition.

What are the usual symptoms?

• aches and pains in the areas shown, especially of the
neck, shoulders and back
• stiffness in these areas
• tenderness over spots in these areas, called ‘trigger
points’, which are sensitive to touch
• fatigue
• sleeping difficulties
• emotional reactions to the problem

i have been in pain for going on 4wks now... mostly my arms, legs + lower back... the pain is less when i am up doing things.. but as soon as i relax the pain gets extremely worse.. + im having problems getting to sleep.

at present my feet feel like they are broken both when i stand or sit.. + my arms have a numb tingling pain to them.. its becoming hard to type or hold things.

and i am extremely unfocused lately .. which is so unlike me.

at present my doctor is trying to rule out that it is a low folate problem.. so he wants me on folate tablets + would prefer that i didnt take pain killers as if it is Fibromyalgia pain killers most likely wont help anyway.

i've been reading endless information on Fibromyalgia .. + all articles are discribing how im feeling to a tee.. but i would like to talk to someone who has/is experiencing this illness themself.

anyone...?

edit on 10-11-2011 by Vamp333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
My mother has this illness. I feel really guilty when i touch her and she gasps in pain. She's had this disease for a few years now with good and very bad streaks but i honestly don't understand how she can live with that daily.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I have not been diagnosed with it but my mom has. And I get everything she gets!! I am constantly in pain; legs, shoulders, hips. I do have arthritis but the pain is constant so I think it is not that. I can't even sleep in one position for long w/o pain. That makes for broken sleep which does not help matters. I hope you don't have it and that it is something more temporary.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Fibromyalgia is just another name for hypochondria. All the pain is in your head and the doctor (instead of telling you the truth) will take advantage of you by telling you should have check ups, buy pain killers, etc.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I know of something that will help your symptoms incredibly, but we're not allowed to discuss it on this board.

Have you looked into colloidal silver or bicarbonate soda? I've heard from people that those attempts to heal themselves from their pain has helped. Cause is unknown still? Kind of makes it difficult to eliminate the X factor in your life that caused it then, which means chronic symptoms that are ongoing.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AxlJones

oh my..!! i have only had the symptoms for 4wks and the pain is already starting to drive me insane... do you know of anything that helps her with the pain besides medication...?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhino5

Fibromyalgia is described as inflammation of the fibrous or connective tissue of the body.

What exactly is the name for what it is that you have?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

i also have arthritis .. but at present i'd rather the arthritis pain then this pain.. i also have the broken sleep... that is when i do manage to get to sleep..

lets hope we both dont have it.

xo

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I do not have fibromyalgia. I was just stating that the OP does not have actual pain, but thinks that they are in pain.

Labeling Disease: Fibromyalgia as Hypochondria

The answer to that medical conundrum today is: Fibromyalgia — and here’s the introductory paragraph from the Mayo Clinic describing its effects: You hurt all over, and you frequently feel exhausted. Even after numerous tests, your doctor can’t seem to find anything specifically wrong with you. If this sounds familiar, you may have Fibromyalgia.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhino5
Fibromyalgia is just another name for hypochondria. All the pain is in your head and the doctor (instead of telling you the truth) will take advantage of you by telling you should have check ups, buy pain killers, etc.

trust me... its not hypochondria... i am not one who will go see a doctor or to a hospital... i have sh!t to do in my life + would prefer to do it without the pain im presently in.. i have no need to seek sympathy of any kind from anyone.. + i have a strong dislike of people that do.

anyway

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
i should add that i was elecricuted in march of this year + he is also looking into Fibromyalgia being brought on by nerve damage.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhino5

Really? You don't have fibromyalgia?
What is the name of the disease where a person doesn't realize they are being insulted?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Vamp333

.. I work for a company that has a nutritional supplement that may be of interest to you... feel free to email me if interested as i am not sure if ats will allow me to post the link for the site on the forum... for a little bit of me.. i have tourettes of all things i use the product cuz it helps with my twitches and tics.. i have a lot of energy and can say eating it has improved my health and actually yesterday a friend of mine that has been diagnosed with fibro has decided to try it herself aswell

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I disagree with this comment as I have a friend in Melbourne who suffers from this condition.
It's sad to think people who are uninformed jump to conclusions such as this. Poor form.....

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Wow what an increadibly awful post. Fibromyalgia is real enough to be a presumptive service connected disability through the department of Veterans Affairs - who sent me to Dr. Roland Staud, who wrote FIbromyalgia for Dummies - who conducted pain testing on me that could not be faked, meaning they tried to fool me - but did not. Rhino you really do need to do some research - an answer like this is not only unhelpful it is harmful to those that suffer this diabilitating disease - God help you if you come down with an illness that is "all in your head" - and God help anyone that has to live around an attitude like that.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Vamp333

My wife has had the disease for a few years now and your symptoms sound like hers. And to Rhino5, I think that was your name, the doctor can do tests to confirm autoimmune disease, which fibromyalgia is, so it is not hypochondria. I think the medication my wife was taking that helped was Cymbalta. She says it helps a lot.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I do not have fibromyalgia. I was just stating that the OP does not have actual pain, but thinks that they are in pain.

Labeling Disease: Fibromyalgia as Hypochondria

The answer to that medical conundrum today is: Fibromyalgia — and here’s the introductory paragraph from the Mayo Clinic describing its effects: You hurt all over, and you frequently feel exhausted. Even after numerous tests, your doctor can’t seem to find anything specifically wrong with you. If this sounds familiar, you may have Fibromyalgia.

What is wrong with you Rhino? You don't even know the OP and yet you are stating she is not in pain.
Go troll someplace else.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vamp333
reply to post by AxlJones

oh my..!! i have only had the symptoms for 4wks and the pain is already starting to drive me insane... do you know of anything that helps her with the pain besides medication...?

I have grown up in a family that have become default experts at Fibromyalgia and all things autoimmune.
After decades of treatments and doctors for multiple family members this is what I know:
1. Exercise. Yes, it will hurt. It will be worth it. Not doing it will eventually hurt more. A lot more.
2. NO Narcotics. There are other ways to manage pain. All the pills will do is steal your life.
3. Steroid shots actually do a pretty good job controlling some of the worst pain for weeks or months at a time.
4. Check out the Mercury Poisioning questions. Yes, lots of people could answer yes but people with Fibro are really going to have a lot of yes answers. I am just starting to investigate biologic dentistry for family members.

Good luck.
It sucks. It is not in your head but lots of people will tell you it is. Find a doc that believes their job is to FIX it not medicate you.

It took my Mom 40 years to find the right doctor. Don't stick with a doctor who isn't working just because they validate your "there is something wrong with me" feelings when others ignore you. You deserve to be helped not just consoled.
edit on 10-11-2011 by watcher3339 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
My friend was diagnosed with "Fibromyalgia" 5 years ago. Turns out she really has MS and has gone all this time with out proper treatment. My step mom says that she has it as well, but I beg to differ, she like attention.

Also, Fibromyalgia was not even a thing until Sylvia Browne started telling people on the Montel show that that was what their problem was. Hmmmm. I personally think it is something else and this Fibromyalgia is condition made up souly to make money and nothing more.

I do hope you truely find the anwser to your pain problems, but perhaps a deeper look into your environment,food, etc, may hold the anwser.

Just to add, I did a quick google search and it's surprising how much info there is for it and against it. Some calling in BS another page said it has been known since the 1700's. Hmmmm. Like I said, I think it's something else, but I still hope you find out what it is that is causing your pain. Maybe something to do with being electricuted.
edit on 10-11-2011 by lilowl53 because: Add

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I have had Fibromyalgia since I recieved the Anthrax Vaccine in prepration for deployment to Iraq. Your electrocution OP is of sincere interest to me as a possible trigger. Very interesting.

I have NOT had luck with pain killers and recommend you try to avoid them, the side effects can be as bad as the pain. I am sorry to say that, I wish relief was easier to find. If I am in extreme duress I will go to the ER for a Torodol injection - this is not a drug seeker medication so they are happy to provide it to me and send me on my way. You may notice that diet effects your pain flares. I cannot tolerate the same diet I consumed before. There is little sugar, corn syrup, potatoes, wheat, processed food in my diet - but that is just me - I notice I flare after I cheat - like at Thanksgiving. I have spent thousands on supplements and methods trying to relieve the pain - much to no avail. Sleep is the best pain reducer, unfortunately many with Fibro have sleep disturbance.I am disabled, and also suffer from Chronic Fatigue - so I have the ability to sleep for relief when I need to. Just laying down and getting off your feet can feel like such a relief.

I want to go back to this electrocution issue - I think it is vital to expore avenues to calm your electric nervous system down. Accupressure, Accupuncture - might really help you. Ironically I find relief with TENs or electric muscle stimulation they give me at the chiropractors. I have had very good response to a type of body work known as Cranial Sacral - now some may dismiss this as a placebo - but I have tried so many paths these past years and there is something very helpful about this modiality. It is an out of pocket expense though.

It will be a rough road ahead - that won't be easy. This is an invisable illness. The first years will be the hardest as you will have to adjust to this condition. Meditation and other pain distracting methods can really help. I want to say that I hope you do not have Fibromyalgia and you are correct this is an over reaction of your electric/nervous body system in response to your electrocution. Please feel free to private message me.
~ Bird
edit on 10-11-2011 by LittleBirdSaid because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join