It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Fatally Shot at 'Occupy Burlington' Protest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist
Supply them Non-GM seeds and enough land, and I bet they'd be doing a respectable job of farming wholesome foods too.

If I were in a position to give them land and "Non-GM" seeds I'd be doing the farming myself, and would ultimately through my hard work make it turn a profit.

Oh, I get it, you must mean for the government to give them land and seeds... Has this been officially added to the list of demands yet?

If not, maybe it should be.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by Americanist
Supply them Non-GM seeds and enough land, and I bet they'd be doing a respectable job of farming wholesome foods too.

If I were in a position to give them land and "Non-GM" seeds I'd be doing the farming myself, and would ultimately through my hard work make it turn a profit.

Oh, I get it, you must mean for the government to give them land and seeds... Has this been officially added to the list of demands yet?

If not, maybe it should be.

Let's see... Allow Rothschild to buy up thousand acre lots of prime land via speculative trading, phony currency, and shipping opium around the World, or turn a modest amount of farming over to the Occupy crowd. Decisions, decisions... I'm stumped here. How about you?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Deaths. Shootings. Rapes. Drugs. Tuberculosis. Child abuse. and now Suicide? OWS is turning into something very ugly.

Sounds like every city on the planet, don't blame the movement for the stupidity of people whether affiliated with the movement or otherwise. If anything it should also bring up the fact that humans act like animals.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Via Alice Mechler: A 35-year-old military veteran has died at a hospital after shooting himself Thursday in an Occupy Wall Street encampment in Vermont's largest city, a spokesman said. The public was not believed to be at risk after the afternoon shooting at City Hall Park in Burlington, but the circumstances were still being investigated, said Burlington Police Deputy Chief Andi Higbee. Police would not confirm that the shooting was a suicide, but witnesses said the man shot himself.

Another military vet... Makes you wonder how many we'll end up losing going at this rate.
edit on 10-11-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy

I agree this is getting ugly. Read
about the TB outbreak today and
now this.

Speaking as a parent I am asking
that the protestors go home. Go
to school, get a job, spend time with
your family and loved ones before
something happens to you. You
haven spoken your words to TPTB
and continuing to protest in an unsafe
environment is not necessary. Get
your act together and perhaps you
can come up with better ideas that
are not a danger to you or those
around you. Please!!! I wouldn't
want my son or daughter there -
you may be hurting your parents
and those that care for you more
than anyone else. At least give it
some good thought.

At this time it seems the man
committed suicide. May he rest
in peace.
edit on 10-11-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

I have a job, I'm going to school, and I spend time with my family and loved one. I do go to OWS quite often and have a blast going there EVERY single time, sharing with people who actually care about the situation in this world. We don't want to voice our opinion to TPTB, we want to change things. Big difference here.

No where's safe, not when your driving, walking the streets, or going to an occupy movement. Violence, chaos and dangers are everywhere, nowhere's safe.

Now I wonder what led him to shot himself...if indeed he did...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join