It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt to Close Pyramids on 11/11/11. To avoid rituals or to have privacy for their own?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

That's strange especially since the Dept. of Tourism & Travel only let 100 people a day/100 tickets inside. Fifty in the morning and fifty after 12pm. You can't take anything inside the Great Pyramid(Khufu) with you...nada. Not sure about the other pyramids (Kafhre, and Menkaura). They watch everyone extremely close that enters the Great Pyramid and they use metal detectors as well. I remember when I was in the Great Pyramid a lady laid down in the "supposed" tomb, and security came up and threw her out within minutes. Hell, I don't know where the guy came from, it takes 30 minutes just to walk to the "King's Chamber" and that's if you're in a hurry!

You have to remember (maybe you don't know) there are a few Egyptian families that have what's considered ancestral rights to the sites in Ghiza, and by request they could have asked for the Pyramids to be shut down. These families used to be the keepers/overseers of the sites in Ghiza for centuries.

No telling really, especially since the truth (as I have been told by a family member w/ancestral rights) about the Ghiza sites isn't public info anyway

edit on 11/10/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom

Maybe that is where Antichrist will arrive.

Dajjal the antichrist in Islam.

He is followed by many people , while he is on eyed.

Very interesting.

I doubt that but it is strange that in front of the pyramids lies the Sphinx, or "Abu al-Hol" in Arabic, "Father of Terror" as it is referred to. There's also a series of tunnels that connects them all to the Sphinx.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9
Years were decided by pharaonic reign. So I really have no clue lol

We should be able to figure this out. The first Egyptian calendars were lunar, and nobody knows how they worked, which isn't much help. The Egyptians later used a solar calendar of 360 days divided into 12 months with 5 days left over at the end -- for partying, I assume. November 11th is the 315th day of the year. That makes it the 15th day of the 11th month, which was in the season known as Third of Shemu ("low water"), and called Ipt-hmt or Ipip ("Ipiphi").

The Egyptians no longer have a Pharaoh, so a president will have to do. Unfortunately, Egypt doesn't have a President at the moment, as Hosni Mubarak quit in February after protests, and since February 11, 2011, the country has been overseen by Mohamed Hussein Tantawi, who is Chairman of the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces. So we can either call this year "Mubarak 30" or "Tantawi 1." I don't know how the Egyptians would have handled that situation.

So, I think we can call the date "Ipiphi 15, Mubarak 30." Sounds like a tennis score, but I'm sure it's a very important date, for somebody.

edit on 10-11-2011 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy

Originally posted by Nosred
Why does there have to be one of these so called "conspiracies" every year? Last year it was 10/10/10, before that it was 9/9/9.

Can't you guys just admit that sometimes a date has no significance?

What was said to have happened on 9/9/9 or 10/10/10?

I can't answer that but I do know that dates like that are used for the fun of it.

A lot of metal bands released albums on June 6th 2006 for the fun of it, Slayer refused though and delayed release of their Christ Illusion album because (as one of their guitarists and main songwriters Kerry King put it), a lot of other bands were doing the same so it would've been ridiculous.

The Omen remake was also released on that day too.

Last year, TNA held their annual Bound For Glory pay per view on 10/10/10 and hyped it for months not only because it's their biggest ppv of the year but also because that kind of date only happens once a century.

I don't believe anyone who claims it's more than a date though. I mean, there's no such thing as the Illuminati running things behind the scenes so why would a now fictional and long dead society of great thinkers worship just a day in the calendar?

What next, 9/11 was an inside job? Pfft.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9

That's interesting, S&F

I wonder about the other pyramids in the area, will those be closed off too? If so, that'll be rather difficult, since there are 118 pyramids in Egypt.

Well the Great pyramid is different from the others. It IS the largest and OLDEST of the others, It also has NO hiroglyphics (spelt wrong?) in ANY room untill somebody in the founding group painted Kufu's name to it. (still argued among Egyptologist) But in a sprital realm and sense the god Osirus is said to be buried near there. I was reading Tom Horn's Apollion Rising 2012 (good book interesting IMO) Osirus MAY have already been found in the 1930's by FDR's Illuminati groups as found in a letter from Henry Wallace ( FDR's Sec of Agg. and later VP and the man behind the Great Seal oh 32nd Mason as well) who wrote about how the "Tomb" was found
and soon the day of the coming age.

I'm not sure TPTB are worshipping osirus or slowly digging our grave and theirs on 11-11-11 BUT I HOPE SOMTHING happens! after all the LETDOWNS this month I need SOMTHING! I really hope TPTB pull somthing while were pumped and pissed. Between OWS and the Penn State coaches' riot (side note: really we riot over THAT?) My hope is if SHTF we HELP our fellow human beings and leave tyrants to their bunkers.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Interesting. It wouldn't surprise me if it were being closed for private rituals. Who knows with something like this though.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Probably closed to keep the kooks out who want to go there and trash the site with some arcane ritual that will involve graffiti or carving their initials into ancient ruins.

I guess trying to explain to some of these kooks that 11/11/11 is about as meaningful to the builders of the pyramids as any other random number would be. Ancient Egyptians weren't following the Julian calendar 4,000 years ago.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
It's a prime day for a false flag attack due to the esoteric nature of the date, and the fact it's a Friday and an attack can be done during the closure of world financial markets. If nothing happens that day it's likely TPTB are going to do a slow long kill off instead of a relatively quick and painless one. So far no really unusual market activity. Time will tell.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

That stuff is not IN the Pyramids. It is in a vault under the right paw of the sphinx.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
wouldnt it make more sense that all of this mystical, superstitious stuff happen on 11/11/1111? Like... 1000 years ago.

more 11's there.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by merkej23

Lol, I know I shouldn't say this, but I do wish something happens. Hopefully monumental, but not cataclysmic in nature. Tomorrow is going to be a day of spiritual enlightenment for myself as an individual. But that's interesting about the discovery of Osiris' tomb. Was he human? Because he was revered as a god to the ancient Egyptians. Or was he just a human raised to the level of divinity, similar to Imhotep? There are so many secrets which lie hidden along the Nile River.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Its 8:20 here in Mountain Time United States

Hasnt it already been 11:11 am in Egypt?

Nothing strange is being reported yet.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I sorta understand why some people sorta follow numerology however.......I don't understand how anyone can buy into it though.

First, man has messed with dates for so long we no longer follow the Universal clock anymore. Our calendar has turned into one of convenience not actuality. That leaves our clocks. They've manipulated time for so long and all for the sake of profit that it's utterly ridiculous and sadly very inaccurate.

Hell, the Human being as a collective species can't even agree on one calendar. Seems every culture has their own version of 'time'.
So those who are 'following' this 11-11-11 should really re-consider the source!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
ITS 11/11, EVERYBODY GET WAISTED PRONTO!!!

TGI1111

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

My money's on private ritual... the easiest way to stop an outside group holding a ritual is to have loads of unwanted tourists in the pyramid with them, hence keeping it open would avoid this.

However, closing for maintenance allows a selected group to go in. The implication would be only a powerful secret society could arrange this.

I have added below the link and text from the BBC news site as a secondary source to the AFP story.

BBC News page on pyramid closure

Egypt has closed the Great Pyramid outside Cairo after rumours that groups would try to hold special rituals on 11 November at 11:11 (09:11 GMT).

The rumours sparked an internet campaign to stop any ceremonies.

However the head of Egypt's antiquities authority said the pyramid had been closed until Saturday morning for "necessary maintenance" only.

The Great Pyramid houses the ancient tomb of the Pharaoh Khufu. Two nearby pyramids and the Sphinx remained open.

Security was tightened across the entire complex, Associated Press news agency said, with dozens of police officers and armed soldiers on patrol.

After 11:11, the director of the pyramids complex, Ali al-Asfar, said nothing unusual had happened.

"Everything is normal," he told AP.

"The only thing different is the closure of the Khufu pyramid."

Both he and the head of the Supreme Council of Antiquities, Mustafa Amin, said the pyramid was closed for maintenance after the large number of visitors during the Eid al-Adha holiday last week.

Reports of planned ceremonies at the site were "completely lacking in truth," Mr Amin said.

But the rumours had sparked an internet protest campaign to block any rituals "within the walls of the pyramid on November 11, 2011," Atef Abu Zahab, the head of the Department of Pharaonic Archaeology, told AFP news agency.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join