It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple, Practical Idea to Reflect Free Sunlight into Dark Interior Spaces Using Plastic Water Bottle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This technique is being used and is a huge business in the Philippines. This is really resourceful for those that choose to stay well hidden in the SHTF scenario, and have no natural light that can enter the area in which you will need it the most.

This can also eliminate the use of candles and battery powered flashlights, which will eventually go out, or run out.

BTW, I can also see how this can be used in a home for light if you have a one floor home, or can get someone the install one on your roof, and can use it ti light your home during the day. This is also very good for those that live in rural areas, and mobile homes.

CCTV-9 report: Solar bottle lights in the Philippines

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Always go towards the light.

Pretty cool stuff.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
brilliant, simple, inexpensive and a way to use up the millions of plasic bottles that litter the planet. plastic bottle green houses are also a grea idea. what happens when the sun sets though

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
That is an excellent idea. One of those things that you see and go, "Why didn't I think of that??!" I'm definitely going to have to remember this. Thanks for sharing such an awesome video!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Believe when I posted it I was thinking "why didn't I think of that"? I guess sometimes when you dont really have a need for it, we tend to not see the simplicity.

I live in a rural area, and I can see many people that would benefit from this type of efficiency. Including myself. I always wanted to make a shelter underground, and with this no one would really know where to find you, if there were just a few bottles on the ground.

You can save many of the other survival gear for the evening, but this can take care of most of the daylight hours.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
That's good stuff. Sailors have been using deck prisms to light the dark areas below decks for centuries. Same principle similar results.

www.boatdeckprism.com...

www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&hl=en&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1440& bih=768&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=vi

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
thank you for this idea.

wondered how this would work in cold climate where water freeze, tested with flashlight and ice cube, it works.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
thanks for sharing
.After spending some time in a dark and dingy bar in Manila,i can appreciate the importance.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This is a perfect way to light my chicken coop without having to run power out to the back 40!

Thanks for the bright idea!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

Here you go, the same thing, just for a chicken coop.

cheap solar tube for chicken coop

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Shhhhhhh! Let's try to keep things quiet about the sunlight being free.

Someone will find a way to charge us for it. Burns did it on the Simpsons.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Thanks for that video. The use of the vent stack rubber boot just answered my question as to how I could make the seal in my Garden shed which has a 3 tab shingle roof.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Many thanks!

new topics

top topics

join