It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt Gingrich

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Remembering back to Speaker Gingrich days, he managed to break through certain gridlock between Congress and the POTUS, leading the USA into a damned prosperous decade (for both the big guys and the little guys). Seems like that level of experience is exactly what is needed today. Toss in the all to obvious fact that Newt is not only the most intelligent guy in the GOP race, but also has a brain that makes Obama's previously acclaimed grey matter weep with jealousy, and I have no qualms about voting for Newt. Added value, he can actually speak concisely and fluently without having a teleprompter or any cheat sheets around!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

Huntsman is 51
Santorum is 53
Bachman is 55
Rick Perry is 61
Mitt Romney is 64
Herman Cain is 65
Newt Gingrich is 68
Ron Paul is 76

Reagan was 70 when he was inaugurated.

Age if anything gives a person more wisdom and experience in order to deal with reality in a reasonable manner.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Even conservative women hate Newt's guts for what he did to his first wife.

www.gainesvilletimes.com...
powerwall.msnbc.msn.com...

And without the ladies votes; you ain't got jack!

Here is one lady that is for Newt!!!!
Even with two divorces he is a LOT better than what we have.

He didn't just divorce his first wife. He left her when she was having cancer treatment for an younger woman.

How can anyone overlook that kind of white trash behavior? How would you feel if your husband did that to you?

marriage.about.com...

Ideology is one thing but character counts in a politician imo and Newt has none. FYI I hate Obama for lying during his campaign and the wars still continue; I won't vote for him again! It's a character issue....
edit on 14-11-2011 by whaaa because: e4e

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

John McCain divorced his crippled first wife to marry a younger woman.

James Cameron has divorced and married younger women multiple times.

Franklin Roosevelt almost did this, but the younger woman, Lucy Mercer, ended up backing out.

Donald Trump, habitual like Cameron.

Prince Charles, at least he waited until after Diana was dead, but married the woman he cheated on Diana with.

Rudy Giuliani divorced his wife and married his mistress Judith Nathan.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by mikellmikell

Huntsman is 51
Santorum is 53
Bachman is 55
Rick Perry is 61
Mitt Romney is 64
Herman Cain is 65
Newt Gingrich is 68
Ron Paul is 76

Reagan was 70 when he was inaugurated.

Age if anything gives a person more wisdom and experience in order to deal with reality in a reasonable manner.

Perfect example of a wise and GREAT leader...Nelson Mandela

How old was he when he was President? 75?

Ron Paul is 76, exercises daily, challenges people to bike rides in Texas heat, and still takes the steps two at a time.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Yeah Gingrich.
NWO. Check.
Bilderberg. Check.
CFR. Check.
NAFTA. Check.
33rd. Degree Mason. Check.
Warmonger, attack Iran, support Israel. Of course, or we wouldn't even know his name.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Does anybody else find it quite interesting that Ron Paul predicted Perry was going to be a 'flavor of the week' his polls shot through the roof and he unfolded himself by his own sheer ignorance, people predicted Cain was going to be the next 'flavor' after his FL. straw poll win, and he unfolded himself by his flip flopping and pandering to every audience and now Gingrich was predicted to be the next media darling currently being pushed by the media to the top of many recent polls or coming second to Romney.

You guys really think Gingrich can hold double digit polling like Ron Paul has? He and Romney are the only ones that have maintained steady numbers and/or growth this entire time.

I've been saying it would come down to Paul v Romney and its getting more clear by the day.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I don't understand why so many people are fascinated with Fig Newton...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
deleted this irrelevant post.
edit on 15-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

And don't forget about NAMBLA, too.

NAMBLA ✓

(This is a little humor, a reference to an old Daily Show re-occuring joke)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Newt is Status Quo. Go ahead and put him the White House and you can sit around for 4 more years wondering why nothing has changed for the better.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
The Politically Incorrect Adventures of Gewt Ningrich

www.evilx.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Does anybody else find it quite interesting that Ron Paul predicted Perry was going to be a 'flavor of the week' his polls shot through the roof and he unfolded himself by his own sheer ignorance, people predicted Cain was going to be the next 'flavor' after his FL. straw poll win, and he unfolded himself by his flip flopping and pandering to every audience and now Gingrich was predicted to be the next media darling currently being pushed by the media to the top of many recent polls or coming second to Romney.

You guys really think Gingrich can hold double digit polling like Ron Paul has? He and Romney are the only ones that have maintained steady numbers and/or growth this entire time.

I've been saying it would come down to Paul v Romney and its getting more clear by the day.

I have noticed and it is because Romney is the chosen one by the Establishment. This is all part of the dog and pony show. The media will continue to push the different Candidates and save the big push at the end of the Primaries for Romney.

At least that's how I see it.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

That is an incorrect statement, actually. Newt started near the bottom when he entered the race and has slowly, but steadily climbed with each debate. He didn't explode as a media darling ala Cain or Bachman and he certainly didn't enter the room with SAVIOR in big flashing neon over his head only to stumble and fall on his face like WCW's Shockmaster entrance Epic Fail ala Rick Perry. If you want to talk steady growth, talk Newt.

Romney has consistantly been the waiting in the wings candidate of choice, I'll grant you that. It seems like there is always about 20% of those polled who support him. Paul has been the antithesis of consistant polling, at least where scientific polling is conducted. Give the guy an open internet poll where people with nothing better to do than sit and click "PAUL" all day are involved and the man is a freaking dynamo.

I like Ron Paul, I agree with some (not all) of his ideas and policies, but the fact is he loses the abillity to win this the instant he opens his mouth and sounds like a feeble old man. The last 3 denates he's recieved a total of about 5 minutes of dais time... nowhere near enough to win this. The fact is, if he had a commanding presence, he would command the speaking time needed to actually win. He lacks that presence and, sorry to say it, that is an absolute prerequisite for POTUS.

The trendline points to Newt. Trend lines eliminate blips, soup du jours, and flash in the pan watercooler superstars like Cain and Perry. Trend lines show that Romney is stagnant and has been essentially since Bachman had her little 15 minutes. Trend lines show that voters have slowly, defensibly warmed up to Gingrich, read his new contract with America, and are buying into it. They aren't grabbing at the hemm of his robe expecting him to walk on water, they are actually being swayed to support him... and those are the type of votes that actually win men the nomination and, ultimately, the presidency.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Status quo... that actually sounds good to me! Let's take a look at what has happened since Newt was Speaker...
  • George W. Bush was elected, during which time we went from budget surpluses to massive budget deficits. We had the passage of the Patriot Act, which gave the Federal government broad unprecedented abilities to infringe on what had previously been considered inalienable rights. We had high inflationary periods that drove the value of our dollar down. We expanded our role in International affairs and started two new undefined 'wars'.

• Obama came along promising hope and change. We got it. We got change from a stable if inflating economy to huge unemployment figures, new taxes and fees, a national health insurance mandate (complete with prison sentences for not complying with an unfunded mandate), national deficits that made Bush look like a miser, national unrest, and even more wars with still no end in sight. Oh, and don't forget the 'domestic terrorism' focus.

I for one could use a little status quo right about now. I'm tired of hope and change... or as it has turned out to be, hope for change, cause there's not a lot of folding money floating around today. Pocket change is all we have left.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I certainly understand where you are coming from, but once the genie is out of the bottle you can not put it back in. The Status Quo is and has been following an Agenda. We have to get away from the Status Quo and be forward thinking. This election cycle, I am not worried about who is going to make my life better now, make it better in 2 years or make it better in 4 years. I am more concerned for my kids and their kids. I am already screwed. Chances are, you are already screwed. Let's us not screw the next several generations to come, which is already behind the 8 ball cause even if not born yet, they are already in debt!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join