It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Iranian citizens has Iran tortured/killed in the last 20 years?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by Flyer

Can you show credible source for US killing hundreds of thousands of it's OWN citizens?

Why does it matter to you if they kill US or foreign citizens, do you think a foreign life is worth less?

120k innocent people alone were killed in the Iraq invasion.

The US has killed loads of people in Iraq, Pakistan and Afghanistan alone in the last couple of years and they are just the ones we know about.
edit on 10-11-2011 by Flyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

30mm Depleted Uranium Freedom and Democracy

Since the "Liberated" Iraqi's are unable to represent their side of the story here on ATS.

Here's a video of our worldwide Democracy and Freedom as it pertains to our most recently Liberated Iraqi Friends....in the form of 30mm AH-64 Apache Gunship rounds.....at Iraqi Civilians....and Children.

Peace

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Ali was a student at the University of Tehran. He was brutally attacked by the Ansar-i Hezbullah, (the militia force of the Islamic Republic,) during its attack on the university's dormitory 9 July 1999.
It was an attack that sent shock waves around the country prompting six consecutive days of unrest across Iran.

The notorious Evin prison became Ali's new educator. He was interrogated and charged for being a protester. He was brutally beaten, forced to confess crimes of which he never committed, and he was imprisoned for nearly four years.

The Islamic Republic practices a similar style to Stalin, using forced confessions to prosecute the open-minded activist in Iran. This is not a 30-minute television drama; and unless you've been deprived of the basic necessities for weeks on end or longer, and physically attacked by guards each night, it may impossible to see yourself admitting to a crime you didn't committed.

Arrests usually occur in the dead of night. Individuals later find themselves held in detention without any formal charges whatsoever. And after days or weeks of torture it is easy for the mullah to obtain self-incriminating confessions. The Islamic Republic is focusing on destroying the individual's reputation, dignity, and honor one by one. They sow seeds of contention, enmity, friction, and tear to pieces the best of human characteristics.

www.thinkandask.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
LOL-so are you!!!

Originally posted by Truth4Thought

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Enlilites
Guess the drums are really pounding.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
What is it with these stupid threads? Somebody just trying to drum up rampant jingoism so we can smile while dropping bombs on people?

Grunt, grunt, ooga-booga, my country is awesomer than your country let's kill each other.

Too busy being an idiot to see your own chains.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

I dunno but roughly 173 people have been released from death row because they were found to be innocent there is no way to tell how many innocent people have been murdered this way.

the war on drugs has killed many of innocent people and people committing "victimless crimes"
one example is
Rev. Jonathan Ayers who was 28 years old back in 2009 He was meeting with a parishioner who was under surveillance. After he left he stopped at an ATM where men waving guns ran after him. He ran away thinking they were going to kill him and well they did. they shot him as he was driving off.

They were undercover cops that did not identify themselves.

Almost forgot
www.drugwarrant.com...

This is not the only example of the gov killing citizens... and calling it collateral damage.

edit on 10-11-2011 by overratedpatriotism because: forgot source

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
How many?

Was there a guy who's job was to just stand off to the side with a clicker and keep count?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Truthfully, who cares. It is none of our business what they do in their country. Iran is not the only country doing this either. How many citizens has the Western alliance tortured and killed over the past 60 years? More than Iran.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Heck until I saw this episode I did not believe it was real, these are the people whose morality you are defending...

science.discovery.com...

"The CIA was fascinated by '___', and thought it a wonder drug that could be used not only to create zombie-like armies, but to drive enemy leaders like Fidel Castro insane. There were few willing subjects in the research — often, '___' was secretly given to a range of people, from CIA employees to prostitutes and the mentally ill. Sometimes, agents even posed as prostitutes and secretly drugged their clients, while fellow agents watched in two-way mirrors.

But once '___' was ruled out as being too unpredictable, other drugs were tested; participants had barbiturates injected on one arm and amphetamines in the other — the net result being incoherent babble. Other drugs, including heroin, alcohol and sodium pentothal were tried, but ultimately none were the "dream drug" the government hungered for. The project was eventually scrapped and the "Manchurian Candidate" never came to be. In 1973 most of the MK-ULTRA files were destroyed, and Sidney Gottlieb died in 1999."

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

The notorious Evin prison became Ali's new educator. He was interrogated and charged for being a protester. He was brutally beaten, forced to confess crimes of which he never committed, and he was imprisoned for nearly four years.

At least he got his day in court before being sent to prison..

In the US he may have languished in Gitmo for several years before they considered even charging him..

Ask David Hicks about US justice..

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipleadthe5th

At least he got his day in court before being sent to prison..

In the US he may have languished in Gitmo for several years before they considered even charging him..

Ask David Hicks about US justice..

Let us also ask these children shown in this wonderful video at www.collateralmurder.com... if their parents deserved what they got... Oh and don't forget the Reuters reporters. I am glad those soldiers are over there protecting me from those children and pesky cameras.

Looks like some soldiers were taking legal advise from the Nuremberg Trials.
Repeat after me "I was only following orders."

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

The other poster is correct. Iran still follows a stupid book from thousands of years ago.
They stone and lash people still in 2011... UN Evolved monsters!

10 December 2009
Human rights violations in Iran are now as bad as at any time in the past 20 years, Amnesty International has said in a new report on the aftermath of last June’s presidential election.

Link

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by Flyer

Can you show credible source for US killing hundreds of thousands of it's OWN citizens?

Why does it matter to you if they kill US or foreign citizens, do you think a foreign life is worth less?

120k innocent people alone were killed in the Iraq invasion.

The US has killed loads of people in Iraq, Pakistan and Afghanistan alone in the last couple of years and they are just the ones we know about.
edit on 10-11-2011 by Flyer because: (no reason given)

I think the value of all life is equal. I was merely pointing out that the OP indicated that it was govt. killing of their own people.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AlertInMi

So what, I guess the USA and NATO and other countries bombing innocent civilians is justified then? It is their law. I you do not like it, do not go their and stay out of their business in the meantime. Its easy to point fingers at other countries when the real problems are coming from your own country and the minions who are to scared to go against them.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
This thread is about the Iranian government and the torture and killing of its own citizens. Anybody got a number?

Well A'jad's nickname during his stint as an executioner at Tehrans notorious Evin prison was 'thousand bullet A'jad' due to the number of prisoners he offed after they had been tortured. That was when he came tothe attention of the Mullahs by demonstrating he was madeof 'the right stuff' and given greater responsibilities. Still it seems this man is a hero to most of the retards on this forum - go figure!

Ahmadinejad's Demons A Child of the Revolution Takes Over ·

By Matthias Küntzel

During the Iran-Iraq War, the Ayatollah Khomeini imported 500,000 small plastic keys from Taiwan. The trinkets were meant to be inspirational. After Iraq invaded in September 1980, it had quickly become clear that Iran’s forces were no match for Saddam Hussein’s professional, well-armed military. To compensate for their disadvantage, Khomeini sent Iranian children, some as young as twelve years old, to the front lines. There, they marched in formation across minefields toward the enemy, clearing a path with their bodies. Before every mission, one of the Taiwanese keys would be hung around each child’s neck. It was supposed to open the gates to paradise for them.

Ahmadinejad revels in his alliance with the Basiji. He regularly appears in public wearing a black-and-white Basij scarf, and, in his speeches, he routinely praises “Basij culture” and “Basij power,” with which he says “Iran today makes its presence felt on the international and diplomatic stage.” Ahmadinejad’s ascendance on the shoulders of the Basiji means that the Iranian Revolution, launched almost three decades ago, has entered a new and disturbing phase. A younger generation of Iranians, whose worldviews were forged in the atrocities of the Iran-Iraq War, have come to power, wielding a more fervently ideological approach to politics than their predecessors. The children of the Revolution are now its leaders.

www.matthiaskuentzel.de...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

nowhere near the amount of people tortured/killed in the last 20 years,
by usa and other western governments

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlertInMi

The other poster is correct. Iran still follows a stupid book from thousands of years ago.
They stone and lash people still in 2011... UN Evolved monsters!

10 December 2009
Human rights violations in Iran are now as bad as at any time in the past 20 years, Amnesty International has said in a new report on the aftermath of last June’s presidential election.

Link

And what stupid thousands of years old book did George W follow?

Do you think christianity would have been quicker to evolve from torture and opressing women if it were attacked and brutalized in the period of the reforms?

My theory is that Islam reacts in the same manner as I would react if someone tried to force me to change something from my culture, it would just make it so I'd do those things just to spite the people who are trying to force me. (ETA) If I on the other hand realised that my actions/culture/religion was messed up myself, then I would change it happily, you know using my free will. The witchhunt against Islam needs to stop for Islam to evolve, all this extreme bias is just feeding the extremists and fundamentalists. Religious reforms form in time of peace and prosperity, not during times of distress and opression.

And I do hope you realise that the small paragraph is from a bigger report and that if you want I could find some pretty damning quotes on the US in the latest amnesty reports regarding death penalty, prison system, Guantanamo Bay and those small profit wars they are hosting in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Remember, the only reason to throw stones in glass-houses is if you're locked up in it and need to find a way out.
edit on 10-11-2011 by SkurkNilsen because: clarifying

top topics

<< 1   >>

join