It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

maybe the roman empire never ended it just went underground or disguised itself as a religion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
don't know if it's the banks but more like who has been running the banks and their systems they use to operate in... it looks like a global thing not just in the west or in the banking system...it seems the ones that really operate things hide behind many puppets for over many centuries ...when things heat up they throw us a bone things cool down and the cycle starts all over again decade after decade...

Remember the Nights Templar where one of the first know bankers only to be wiped out by orders of the pope maybe the Vatican used to run the economy and have banking control...then they realized they needed a front man...

who or whatever the culprit may be it seems to have a top notch system of survival and understanding of human nature for this type of corruption has been going on for 100's of years

So who as been hiding plain sight for centuries that needs no armies with mind control over much of the population?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by answerisquestion

Did you notice in the latest Planet of the Apes movie that when the scientist brought the baby chimp, Caesar, home that John Lithgow's character quoted a line from Julius Caesar "Kneel down...kneel down and wonder" when he picked up Caesar? Made me think of the Revelation where it states that the world shall wonder when they see the beast. Just what do the secret societies know?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Completely agree with you, it went underground and is now attempting to rear it's ugly head again, it never really went away, we have footballers and athletes paid a fortune, it keeps the people occupied talking about other things that in the scheme of things are not really worth anything, but it stops people talking about stuff that is important and therefore nothing changes.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by answerisquestion
Remember the Nights Templar where one of the first know bankers only to be wiped out by orders of the pope maybe the Vatican used to run the economy and have banking control...then they realized they needed a front man...

The Romans had a complex banking system much earlier than this and their word for it, bancu, is where we derive the modern word. It was the fall of the Western Empire which lead directly to the end of banking in Europe until the times of the Crusades.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

The Romans had a complex banking system much earlier than this and their word for it, bancu, is where we derive the modern word. It was the fall of the Western Empire which lead directly to the end of banking in Europe until the times of the Crusades.

you are right
edit on 10-11-2011 by answerisquestion because: not what I wanted to say

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

There is a VERY excellent thread written by Protoplasmic Traveler that answers this question. I would recommend reading as much of it as you can, as it is exceptionally informative.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The short version, YES, Rome is still in charge. And there is a ton of evidence that backs this up....

Danno

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I think someone needs to read Gibbon...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I meant that maybe the Templar nights simply became too big a competition for the Romans/Vatican that is why they wiped them out ...but before all this they decided to create the Vatican for cover...

From the fall of the Western Empire to the Crusades there was no form of large-scale banking in Europe so there was no competition. The Vatican existed prior to the Crusades, it is the reason we even had the Crusades. Your theory is flawed on many historical levels.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

I meant that maybe the Templar nights simply became too big a competition for the Romans/Vatican that is why they wiped them out ...but before all this they decided to create the Vatican for cover...

From the fall of the Western Empire to the Crusades there was no form of large-scale banking in Europe so there was no competition. The Vatican existed prior to the Crusades, it is the reason we even had the Crusades. Your theory is flawed on many historical levels.

you are right my theory is flawed...this could not be true the church has done so much things good for us ...how can I delete my thread?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

you are right my theory is flawed...this could not be true the church has done so much things good for us...

This has nothing to do about whether the Church did good or not but a fundamental lack of historical knowledge. Instead of being passive agressive and sarcastic you should try looking into the facts first.

...how can I delete my thread?

It will go away all by itself.

edit on 10-11-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer.

new topics

top topics

join