It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernanke Holds Town Hall Meeting with Soldiers and their Families

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Bernanke meeting with soldiers in Texas?!

I personally find this extremely bizarre. Why does the Federal Reserve chairman have to teach soldiers about "financial literacy"?

At 50:10 a soldier tells Bernanke that some of his fellow soldiers and Marines don't believe the Federal Reserve should exist, to which Bernanke responds: "It's not a very realistic proposal".

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I saw some video on the news of Binky being introduced to the soldiers, and he looked quite uncomfortable and out-of-place. After all, those soldiers in the audience are some of the ones being screwed over by the cycles of inflation and recession / depression, and the joblessness that awaits them when they are no longer enlisted.

What is not very realistic is Americans continuing to put up with the evil cancer that is the Federal Reserve. TPTB realize this, and are trying to make Benny Boy a "man of the people".

Nice try, no cigar. END THE FED.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Bernanke's attempt at diplomacy was the equivalent of entering a lions den. The way that some of the Marines were glaring at him was very telling.

edit on 10-11-2011 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by L00kingGlass

It's not a very realistic proposal

Truer words have never been spoken. I think the Reserve should be entirely within the Treasury and run Government, not Banks.. but ...

Ask yourself for a minute... look at Congress. Look at their actions, the things they write and vote for.. would you trust THAT to be in complete control and influence of our monetary policy?

Not me. We need way more control over the Fed, but we still need to keep it away from Congress at all costs. Think of the Federal Reserve as a loaded shotgun, and Congress as a group of 5 year olds wanting to play with it.

top topics

join