It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is GPS tracking the start, or just what they want us to know?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
So in reading about the whole GPS tracking thing, and being in IT I started reflecting on things I have heard about/seen over the last 10 or so years. What dawned on me was nothing short of a real revelation. Could it be that letting the GPS tracking cat out of the bag has shifted focus from an entirely different program? Possibly one that has been going on for over 5 years now?

Some of you may remember back about 5 or so years ago when laptops were being stolen like crazy. IBM came up with a chip that would track your laptop in the event it was stolen. So we have a basis for the rest of the story now. Suppose these chips have been in our systems for that length of time? But, instead of being used as a security feature, it has actually been used as a spy feature. Your system board is reporting information, and since it is not on the OS it does not know this is happening. You are oblivious to it.

Ever wonder how they find people and things that are being done online? Of course they say they had a "mole" giving them information. What if that mole was a system board? We are all connected in some form or fashion. Smart phones, media devices, online cable/satellite programming, computers, tablets, cars, gaming systems and even some appliances. What do they have in common? They all have systems boards with a ton of chips that 99% of us have no clue what they do.

So now thinking of this prospect, everything you do has been tracked for at least five years. They know who you are, what you do, where you go and with whom you associate with. They have the power to modify your behavior based on your patterns. Every move you make you would have to wonder if it was engineered that way, or just by chance? Was the road detour real? Was the cable outage real? What else could be manipulated based on the data they have gathered on you?

This is what really makes me want to go completely off grid. this is what keeps me awake at night. This is what makes me behave in random patterns.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
they also know:
what you buy, when you buy it, where you buy it, what time you buy it etc.

the rabbit hole goes deep.
sometimes i wonder if the people refered to as 'paranoia' are actually right.

i think they do a whole lot more then just track cars and other objects with GPS.

scary thought.

often i ask my friends, who use facebook or a likewise sociale networking site, if they don't mind all their personal info is out there?

i mean..
i could tell your age, your whereabouts, what you do for a living, what hobbies you got, what friends you have, how your girlfriend/daughter/son look like, i probably know your family.

all that just from a facebook profile..

scary times indeed.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

So now thinking of this prospect, everything you do has been tracked for at least five years. They know who you are, what you do, where you go and with whom you associate with. They have the power to modify your behavior based on your patterns. Every move you make you would have to wonder if it was engineered that way, or just by chance? Was the road detour real? Was the cable outage real? What else could be manipulated based on the data they have gathered on you?

Like a real life truman show.. except your not locked in a dome your just out in the open world and they control your every move...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This also reminds me of the TSA roadblocks we are seeing now.

Are they truly random? Or could it be that they are looking at someone in particular, so they set up these random checkpoints so they do not appear to violate our rights. DUI checkpoints could also be in the guise of actually trying to catch someone in particular, knowing their driving habits. They would know when/where the suspect would be on a certain road, so they set up a DUI checkpoint to catch them, all without having to issue a warrant.

Things that make you go hmmm.....

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The other day I placed my cell phone on my desk next to the amplifier side of my external computer speakers. In a short time I started hearing static signals over the speakers then a tone from my phone that I received a message. I concluded the static I heard was my phone transmitting an acknowledgement that it had received the message. Later I heard more similar signals going out periodically every couple of hours or so but with no message incoming. My phone was apparently giving information of some kind to someone/something.

That is where I park my phone nowadays when not in my pocket and continue to get that pre-warning that a call or message is coming in. And I also hear my phone tattling about other things as well though don't know who it is talking to or what it is saying.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
its not just GPS

the video you want to watch has that [accept] [deny] option on it

then there is the' Adobie AIR' program

we are all being tagged all of the time

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It would be ignorant to think that they dont. I would be willing to bet that some where in that internet contract you sighned is a agreement that they can spy on your every click. I read a article about how intels new 2000k processors have a kill switch in them. Intel says its so they can disable stolen computers but we all know they dont care about that. If any thing they want your computer to be stolen so you will have to buy a new one. Their is no doubt that any computer or cell phone can be traced. Even a cell phone witch does not have service. I was watching one of the new batman movies and their was a device in every cell phone in the city witch put a sonar like single so that they could visually see the city like a camera. I am no scientist but it would seem that something like that could be very real. I do not like carrying cell phones around. Not because I am a criminal but because of ideals. Every one is afraid of this so called micro chip they going to in plant us all with. I think for right now our chip is our cell phones, it can do way more then RFID chip can do, yet people that are freaked about the RFID chip still carry cell phones.

If you think its bad right now just wait. Bio tech is our future. Think about not even having to carry a cell phone but the cell phone is you. The computer, the internet ect... is you. There is no doubt that we are heading in that direction.

They have a file on all of us. They do not need a file on all of us but I think its a just in case scenario. If they need to kill you because you found something or they need to demonize you on the main stream media because your telling people stuff. Witch is why you ALL WAYS hide your identity on the net. Go as far to even change your personality on the internet. They have just in case scenario's you need to be prepared as well your life can change in a instant. I think its to late for me, I am probably on a minor watch list, but maybe im just paranoid.

It would seem logical to use old technology if you do not want them to track you. Windows 95, black and white cell phones ect only because its out of date and their might be a small chance that who ever is trying to track you only has the ability to track the latest most popular operating systems.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

i think the short answer is that your cell is telling the local tower you are using that you are there, & updating time, etc

of course there is likely more that is being reported...or just raw data to be broken down into likely acts you are likely doing or not doing

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
If the 'spy' checking where I surf is a male, I'm sure he likes the sites I frequent. Lots of pretty naked ladies. Or not so ladies if you prefer.

To think that TPTB is checking every move of every person in the developed world is silly. How many people does it take to keep exact tabs of what an individual is doing every day? How do they consolidate a neighbor hoods going on into some meaningful report? WHo is going to read all these reports and make a city report?

Silly Silly Silly

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

It's called a database. Same as monitoring phone calls. They search for key words/phrases. If there is a match, they dig deeper to see if there is any credibility to it. I am former military, so yeah I kinda know the drill and how this sort of thing works. Why do you think there are so many security analysts employed by the government?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Since my computer comes from China, I would think that they have already placed something inside my machine, as the Canadian government has already acknowledged that China has hacked its computers. So mine is as dull as can be, limited activity, limited surfing, dullsville.

Ten years ago my boss could access my desktop and did. Nothing is private. What is sacred to me is not talked about online or on the phone. So even if I am delusional about having some privacy left, it affords me some semblance of integrity and wholesomeness, despite the obvious disintegration of our society and norms

join