It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something in front of the sun?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Could it possibly have been 'The Transit of Venus'? Im not sure what you saw, but this phenomenon seems to fit the bill pretty well. Wikipedia Article: Transit of Venus.

The only difference is that it is extremely rare, and the transit is normally measured in hours, not minutes...

edit on 10-11-2011 by IntegratedInstigator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

next thing you know, everyone is going to say the BLUE KACHINA or whatever the hell the hopi prophecy was, is going to slam into our world next to that brown dwarf star.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by IntegratedInstigator

No, Venus transits are well documented with the next one in June 2012. I have no idea what MrVoltz may have seen but it wasn't Venus. It even mentions it in the wiki link.
edit on 10-11-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

If it was a rounded shape ,i would say maybe planet .But this was like a mole on the skin.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Look at my playlist "Evidence of a black hole near our sun"

www.youtube.com.../c/28636B6877E30C71

And see if you can see a black dot in front of the sun in this video;

www.youtube.com...

It wasn't the comet Elenin but it is the black sun/hole that our sun goes around.

Plenty of evidence and photos but as science is not taught properly anymore, noone thinks it could be a black sun/hole. BTW all the governments don't want you to know this.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Wow, yeah.. Sunspot group 1339 was pretty much in the exact same location as the black dot I remembered. And it makes sense because its the biggest sunspot group, making it the most visible one. So I think you may be right that it was sunspot group 1339 i saw. Thanks man!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

November 8 and 9.. Both days I saw it at around the same time of the day, at around 2 PM.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Metal Head

Unexpected Lunar Eclipse September 29
www.godlikeproductions.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcord
reply to post by martinasdf

We are on the equator. Several weeks ago there was a lunar eclipse witnessed by many people here. There was no eclipse scheduled and the earth was not between the sun & moon.

Unexpected Lunar Eclipse September 29
www.godlikeproductions.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat

No, Venus transits are well documented with the next one in June 2012. I have no idea what MrVoltz may have seen but it wasn't Venus. It even mentions it in the wiki link.
edit on 10-11-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

Yes you are completely right, It couldnt have been venus in any case. The Transit of Venus was the first thing that came to mind, and I jumped the gun before adequately researching my reply. It is not at all possible that he saw the Transit of Venus, I apologize for jumping the gun. I am not sure what he saw, I cant even begin to fathom at this point.

Regarding MartinASDF and the OP, sunspot 1339 is your most likely culprit being the largest sunspot at this time. Because of the rotational velocities of earth and sun, sunspots seem to stay in place for several days at a time when viewed from earth. Many graphics are somewhat misleading because they speed up the animation. I am just not entirely sure you are able to see a sunspot during a foggy day, but it sounds somewhat plausible. I have seen telephoto pictures of the sun during sunset showing sunspots, and this is close to your observation. I will definitely have to look into this phenomenon further. If its not Venus, a major sunspot is your next most likely answer. (And it's DEFINITELY not Venus)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by martinasdf

No worries

It is a pretty impessive grouping so I would think that it would be visible given the right conditions.

If anyone is interested, check the link in my sig for a rundown on some viewing methods for the sun.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntegratedInstigator

I am just not entirely sure you are able to see a sunspot during a foggy day, but it sounds somewhat plausible.

The Chinese reportedly used clouds, fog and smoke to view sunspots and have the earliest known reports of seeing them.
I found a pic on this link.....
Scroll down to the 10 September 2002 pic.
kkuehn.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Awesome stuff man! Ill definitely take a look at you thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join