It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something in front of the sun?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Hello guys,

This is my first post here at ATS. But I've been reading here for a few years now, and its really opened my mind! But english is not my first language so please forgive me..

Anyways, in my job I drive a lot. Often in pretty beautiful nature places, and I love nature so my eyes are always glued to the trees/skies or whatever looks awesome. The last couple of days we have had really foggy weather here.. And sometimes when the fog was just right, you could see the sun really clearly. Normally you cant look at the sun because its way to strong. Since the fog blocked the sun, you could stare at it for as long as you wanted because so much light was blocked by the fog. When driving you cant stare at it long cause you'll be sure to crash. But I got some good glimpses of it, and I saw a small black dot in the top right corner of the sun. I looked many times and saw it each time, it was just sitting there. I really dont think it was a bird or something like that because it was too small I saw it many times over a few minutes. Well, I did think it was weird but I didnt think of it anymore. Until I saw the same thing the next day in the exact same foggy weather conditions. It was then I though it was really weird and started this post.

So my question is.. Did anyone else notice anything? Is it some kind of normal phenomenon or something?

edit on 10-11-2011 by martinasdf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It's just a piece of dust, NASA told me so.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by martinasdf

We are on the equator. Several weeks ago there was a lunar eclipse witnessed by many people here. There was no eclipse scheduled and the earth was not between the sun & moon.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
You would be seeing sunspot group 1339, it's not uncommon to see sunspots in hazy/cloudy conditions or at sunset.
I'd go with that.

Infact does it match with the current sun config?

There hasn't been anything infront of the sun the last couple of days so that's probably it.
edit on 10-11-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Obviously not the same thing. You would not be able to see that from earth. Your just trying to get some publicity.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

What was the approx. time and date that you witnessed this?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

my bet is on sunspot group 1339

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Obviously not the same thing. You would not be able to see that from earth. Your just trying to get some publicity.

I don't need publicity, I debunk my own threads. I was just being a smart ass.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Here comes the "N" word in 3-2-1...

2nd.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcord

We are on the equator. Several weeks ago there was a lunar eclipse witnessed by many people here. There was no eclipse scheduled and the earth was not between the sun & moon.

There is no information ANYWHERE regarding any type of lunar phenomenon happening recently. I can't find a single source referencing anyone seeing a lunar eclipse or similar event. What is your source? Hearsay?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
My source is the two eyes with which I witnessed it just after 7 pm on September 29 to the southwest about 30 degrees over the horizon. We are on an Island in the Sulu. Many people here saw this. My wife said that it was an eclipse we were seeing, but I could not believe it because I knew there was no such event scheduled. But there it was. It began at the top of luna and moved down. I googled it the next day and there were many hits. Two weeks later all gone. Go ahead and say that we do not know what we saw. We know what we saw this past Rosh Hashanah and it was blood red.

Originally posted by Metal Head

Originally posted by jcord

There is no information ANYWHERE regarding any type of lunar phenomenon happening recently. I can't find a single source referencing anyone seeing a lunar eclipse or similar event. What is your source? Hearsay?

edit on 10-11-2011 by jcord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jcord

So what's your theory or belief as to what caused the eclipse you witnessed?

Genuinely curious. Thanks.
edit on 10-11-2011 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
To the people with me that night it was just an eclipse. Beautiful and awe inspriring sure, but just an eclipse. To me it was the hand of God.

Originally posted by ColAngus
reply to post by jcord

So what's your theory or belief as to what caused the eclipse you witnessed?

Genuinely curious. Thanks.
edit on 10-11-2011 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
But no one thought to pick up a camera and capture this awe inspiring event? You probably saw a cloud pass over the sun.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Sounds like you saw the new moon which can give the appearence of an eclipse and the reddish colour would probably be an atmospheric effect, I guarantee you it was not an eclipse or anything god related.
cs.astronomy.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
We will see when the war breaks out. Good luck surviving. You'll need it in the big city.

Originally posted by Metal Head
But no one thought to pick up a camera and capture this awe inspiring event? You probably saw a cloud pass over the sun.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by martinasdf
Hello guys,

This is my first post here at ATS. But I've been reading here for a few years now, and its really opened my mind! But english is not my first language so please forgive me..

Anyways, in my job I drive a lot. Often in pretty beautiful nature places, and I love nature so my eyes are always glued to the trees/skies or whatever looks awesome. The last couple of days we have had really foggy weather here.. And sometimes when the fog was just right, you could see the sun really clearly. Normally you cant look at the sun because its way to strong. Since the fog blocked the sun, you could stare at it for as long as you wanted because so much light was blocked by the fog. When driving you cant stare at it long cause you'll be sure to crash. But I got some good glimpses of it, and I saw a small black dot in the top right corner of the sun. I looked many times and saw it each time, it was just sitting there. I really dont think it was a bird or something like that because it was too small I saw it many times over a few minutes. Well, I did think it was weird but I didnt think of it anymore. Until I saw the same thing the next day in the exact same foggy weather conditions. It was then I though it was really weird and started this post.

So my question is.. Did anyone else notice anything? Is it some kind of normal phenomenon or something?

edit on 10-11-2011 by martinasdf because: (no reason given)

I don't know what day you witnessed this anomally but if it was at or around november 9th at 13:30 Universal time! check this site out for pics of solar flares and the shadow i'm talking about!
spaceweather.com...
Though it does not show the sun it shows the upper right corner of the sun to be darkened! Now I don't exactly know what causes this though it may be sunspots as some of the other posters surmised! We also may get hit by a CME on the 11th or 12th!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jcord

No offense intended, but after this past week, and Dark Knight last month, and Elenin before that, maybe you doomers oughta cool it for awhile.

At least until next year. Just saying.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

That 'shadow' you speak of is the arm that holds the disc that blocks out the sun. If the sun were in frame, it would outshine the flares. The disc cant just float there, it is held in place by a small arm.

ETA: I am looking for the relevant explanation on the SOHO website, but havent had luck yet. I also wanted to note that the small white circle in the middle of the disc is outlining the actual size of the sun. The disc is quite a bit larger than the sun.
edit on 10-11-2011 by IntegratedInstigator because: see ETA

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
About a month ago ,i was watching a sunset at a popular lookout .A large black irregular shape ,maybe 5% of the sun crossed in front in a matter of 2 mins max .An elderly lady was taking pictures of said sunset .I asked her what she thought that was and she said it was a witch? Crazy old woman I thought ,perfect for here
Anyway not the answer i was looking for though.
WTF was it ???? Not of this Earth

edit on 10-11-2011 by 12voltz because: way to many commas,as pointed out in another post by some weirdo grammar Nazi

top topics

<<   2 >>

join