It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Than 150,000 People Have Been Recorded Dead !!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

It was never about revenge, it was about never letting anything like that happen again.
That meant going after any regime that had the potential of making it happen, and of course, Sadam and his kin were at the top of the list.
Some will call it "bad intel", but keep in mind that this is the same intel that Obama currently relies on, yet his decisions go unquestioned by the MSM
On a positive note, Obama of all people should be thankful that Uday and Qusay are no longer around to cause him any grief.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
reply to post by luxordelphi

It was never about revenge, it was about never letting anything like that happen again.
That meant going after any regime that had the potential of making it happen, and of course, Sadam and his kin were at the top of the list.
Some will call it "bad intel", but keep in mind that this is the same intel that Obama currently relies on, yet his decisions go unquestioned by the MSM
On a positive note, Obama of all people should be thankful that Uday and Qusay are no longer around to cause him any grief.

I appreciate what you're saying. Cool heads could have made sure it never happened again without going to war. When the Uni-bomber was loose in the U.S., we didn't go to war with ourselves. There are many other examples - you get the picture. Revenge is a primal urge. Mobs are mobs. Sound bites speak to mobs and mobs are never rational. Mobs want to focus on something they can see, not some illusive hermit walking the hills with a staff, pooping in a cave. Really, looking back, the whole thing was a joke. In order to move beyond that, though, proper responsibility needs to be taken. Like another poster said, each needs to reflect and acknowledge their part whether that part was deliberately incited or not.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I will say this. What do you think would happen if someone killed over 100,000 plus people who were innocent civilians in America or on the land of The UK or China , or Israel? Give that some honest thought. Excuses and good intentions don't raise the dead.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Yeah, I agree that "Dubya" made a horrible decision to invade Iraq and displace Saddam, but for, I'm sure, different reasons than most people here.
My view is that Saddam was just the kind of guy we WANT to have in places like that. While paying only nominal lip-service to "Muhammadism", he was a completely secular dictator who managed to keep the "Radical" Muslims right where WE want them: Under his thumb. When we created the power vacuum there, they started crawling out of the woodwork, and once we've completed our troop drawdown, they'll toss out, (and probably execute), the nominally "elected" government, to replace it with another Theocracy like Iran or the Taliban. And THEN we'll really be in a world of hurt.
Those "Sheeple" out there who believe that we'll be able to get them to "like" us, or that we'll be able to"Reason" or "Bargain" with them are REALLY out there in, no pun intended, Left Field. Unlike ANY of the other major religions out there, the plainly stated goal of Islam it the subjugation by force of the entire planet. This is a Holy War, not because I or anyone else in the West says so, but rather because THEY say it.
So..... "How many "civilian" casualties have "we" caused?"..... I really don't care. As long as there's one left who is willing to blow himself up in the furtherance of the "Cause" of Islam, I'd say that we haven't killed enough.....

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
That makes for a good future. Kill everyone that opposes you. How many suicide bombers have you seen in America? We are occupying their land for 10 years and don't belong there.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

So we haven't seen it here yet. Good. What do you want? Do you think that we should wait for them to do what they did a couple of years back during the attack in Mumbai, (or Bombay)? Or perhaps you'd rather have a total Pooch-Screw like the School Takeover, or the Movie Theater incident that the the Russians had? Sorry, but I think that I'd rather see us be a bit more "Proactive" than any of those possible scenarios. I'm not advocating that we should leave troops there. On the contrary, if you'd actually bothered to read my post, I said we never should have gone to Iraq in the first place. After 9/11, when we'd figured out where the whole thing was hatched, I'd say that our response should have been to nuke the Taliban in Afghanistan. Any other "smart moves" by ANY of those guys afterwards should have been answered in the same fashion. In MY book, the life of even ONE American serviceman is worth more than ANY number of them. I don't know... I guess that I just feel like, as an American, we should be a bit more concerned with the welfare of our own FIRST. Perhaps you've forgotten what thos savages did to Daniel Pearl..... Let me remind you: They hacked his head off with a dull knife. If you believe that they'd treat you or any other American any differently, then your head is farther down in the sand than I could fathom. As was previously stated before by someone else in this thread, they're at LEAST a vicious to each other as they are to us. Try checking this out, if you want to put your money where your mouth is: thereligionofpeace.com... Perhaps this is worthy of your consideration.....
I mean, Come On.... Would you consider saying that, had we known what the Nazi's were planning in 1939, we should not have done something about it PRIOR to the invasion of Poland on September 1st 1939?
Oh yeah, and don't try bringing up the "Crusades" as a possible "excuse" for their dislike of the West. All that the Crusades were was a 400 year delayed response to Muslim Aggression during the 7th and 8th centuries. Isn't History taught any longer in school? I mean, a 'Non-Revisionist" History.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ZEROZEE0

Not that it matters but I am a Veteran of The USMC. I would like to see us a bit more proactive where we could have taken care of all this, That is at the airports doing what we are still going to have to do anyway, short of killing every muslum or islamist on the planet. If we are going to make people stay out of the country that are ememies, we don't do it by killing and slaughtering their race. We do it by closing the doors. If it's worth killing everything that is carrying a firearm in their own country for then this war has already been lost 10 years ago and we lost it.

So are we now able to enjoy airport security checks no. Is flying safer ? No. The so called terrorists were not carrying AK47's they were schooled in this country and were well funded.and the flip side to that coin is the ones that are being exterminated are not interested in flying lessons and airports. They are trying to get us the hell out of their country and their homes at 3 o'clock in the morning as I would also lay traps for a foreign army that was pullling me and my children out of bed because they wanted to kill everyone they damn well pleased .

It's the policies of the US in regards to foreign affairs that has made us the enemy of the middle east not religion. The difference is they believe in dying to protect their land and guess what so do I for this land even with the Govt full of thievs and treasonists. China Russia and anyother foreign army has no right to be here and killing un-uniformed people. regardless of what their religious beliefs.are. Hitler did it and he had good reasons to. He put um in ovens and gas chambers, we just kill them with preditors and no one gets to know who or if they were guilty. I call it murder and without checks and balances when it comes to killing, its murder and genocide.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

You are the only person I have seen claim to have done "quite a few tours" rather than the exact number of tours they did.

Just saying.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

He didn't say anything that wasn't true. Just things that may not have been true for you. Or are we supposed to believe soldiers today are different than they were in My Lai?
edit on 27-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ZEROZEE0

I want reply in any specific order but you say we should be concerned with our own first. I agree totally. Thats why we should have our men and women in uniform here on American soil protecting us from the Traitors in office who are now allowing drones to fly over Americans and continue to spy on us illegaly. I also agree that one of our men or women in uniform are worth, ( I will call it their weight in gold and are worth 10 politicians ).

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The real number is far, far higher and has been placed in the 600,000 - 1,250,000 range possibly higher! Iraq before the invasion had like 30 Mil people and now is as low as 20 mil!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

I would have replied sooner but I had to look up a few things and you are not off by much , if at all. I can't hardly imagine what sorrow and anger as well as loss the families of the innocent victims of this war must feel. I call it war and it is just a slaughter. God help us.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

More that that add in Yemen Somalia Philippines Afghanistan Pakistan and other Nations that are in the war on terror , the number would then be in the million mark or close to it. It might even exceed it

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

The figure I said was for the Iraq Theatre only and does not factor in the Afghan Theatre which is about 50,000 as the population of pre conflict Afghan numbered about 35 Million and is about 30 Mil today and is pretty well consistent. Prior to leaving a final civilian head count will be done. The final head count for Iraq should come either 2013 - 2015 once all the data collected is complied!

Wiki - Iraq War Casualties :
en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join