It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent trends in Law Enforcement in missing child cases

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
What is the primary purpose of Law Enforcement? What is their main function in society?

In recent weeks it appears that Law Enforcement is attempting to carve out new areas. When we look at cases such as Sky Metalwala and Lisa Irwin, what do we as a society want Law Enforcement's role to be? 

When I grew up there was no question about Law Enforcement's function, their primary role was to PROTECT SOCIETY! In the case of missing children it was finding the children! No one here believes that Law Enforcement is duty bound to share all they know with us. Yet in recent weeks it seem that Law Enforcement is attempting to carve out new areas of focus, while abandoning old areas... 

Take a look at this information that Law Enforcement has chosen to release;

But investigators have found that there was enough gas in the car to run a considerable distance, Bellevue police Maj. Mike Johnson said Wednesday afternoon. Police haven't ruled out some other mechanical problem with the car.

Read more here

What is the effect of releasing this information now?

Does it put more feet on the ground, searching for Sky?
Or does it simply tend to implicate the mother?
What is the primary role of Law Enforcement when it comes to missing children, is it no longer their prompt return?
Has Law Enforcement simple become the goverment operated enablers of hate?
Is Law Enforcement's new role that of enabler? Telling us who it is okay to hate?
Is that a role we really want Law Enforcement to assume?
Is that a direction we want our country to travel?

What is the effect of telling us now that the vechicle was NOT out of gas?
Does this bit of news put more feet on the ground searching for Sky Metalwala? Or is it the equilvant to tipping his mother that she is under suspicion? Have we not seen in the Lisa Irwin case that simple suspicion is not enough for the prompt return of Lisa?

Are Lisa and Sky not part of society, yet? Assuming for the sake of argument that Law Enforcement is correct here and these children are not wanted by their parents, does that mean the children are entitled to less from Law Enforcement? Beyond society as a whole just who is Law Enforcement working here for, the parents (whom may not want the children) or the actual missing children?

As a country do we wish to abandon the concept of innocent until proven guilt in a court of law, and go with guilty until proven innocent beyon all reasonable doubt in a court of law? Do the ends justify the means? Has profiling become acceptable now? Is life just a game, and law enforcement needs to play the odds? Because the odds are the parents are involved do we haul them into the local police station and beat the truth out of them? Do we water board them until they confess? Is this the new form of Justice in America?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It looks pretty reasonable to me...to answer your question, the purpose of Law Enforcement in a case like this is to find the missing child, by conducting an investigation in which every possibility is examined. The mother gave her story, which is contradicted by the physical evidence, indicating that she may be lying about the events. Add to that the fact that she has been known to physically abuse the children (leaving them in the car or at home for extended periods of time) and has been under stress recently (divorce and child custody proceedings) would lead an investigator to believe she may have been responsible for the disappearance.

Are you suggesting the investigators should blindly accept her version without regard for the physical evidence?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I have noticed as of late that it seems that the law enforcment officers have been dealing with an intense amount of pressure caused by the media. The media seems to be in a "gimmie more, gimmie more, gimmie more" mood. They are relentless, and it's because the people are demanding that their questions be anwsered. We want to know, what happen, and why, and what are you gonna do about, RIGHT NOW. Even when there are no anwsers, we must know!
The peoples demand for information is high and the facts are low, and that in turn is causing fingers to start pointing, facts being misconstrood, and before you know it, you've got people burning down buildings and turning over cars.
We as a nation are at a boiling point in all aspects and the law enforcement vs. media is just one area that the signs are more noticable.

Sorry for my mispellings and such, I am not feeling "it" today.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by avocadoshag
It looks pretty reasonable to me...to answer your question, the purpose of Law Enforcement in a case like this is to find the missing child, by conducting an investigation in which every possibility is examined. The mother gave her story, which is contradicted by the physical evidence, indicating that she may be lying about the events. Add to that the fact that she has been known to physically abuse the children (leaving them in the car or at home for extended periods of time) and has been under stress recently (divorce and child custody proceedings) would lead an investigator to believe she may have been responsible for the disappearance.

Are you suggesting the investigators should blindly accept her version without regard for the physical evidence?

In no way am I suggesting or advocating that!
I believe at this stage the primary focus needs to be on locating the child! Anything that takes the focus off the child and places it elsewhere is not in my opinion helpful to locating the child.
Ultimately that comes down to feet on the ground and eyes looking.

Once the child has been located we then have time to establish just what did or did not happen and to place blame. Placing blame when we don't even know what has happen yet is not helpful in locating this child.

There are greaert issues than locating Sky, and that is collectively all our children, and how Law Enforcement searches for our missing children. This is the same pattern displayed in the Lisa Irwin case, that has resulted in the DA announcing that it could be years before this case is resolved...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by lilowl53

I believe you raise some valid points.
Our nation is fast reaching a boiling point.
When Law Enforcement responds in such ways as to promote vigilantism are we headed in a direction we want?
Is the way to lower the pressure to have a few public lynchings?
edit on 10-11-2011 by Dav1d because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I like the new version of "resisting arrest'. No other charge but resisting arrest. So if the person wasn't being arrested for anything in the first place how can you resist arrest. A co worker had to deal with that.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I know my grammar is very sloppy but English has nothing to do with this topic so it does not matter.

You know why they have so much power over us? Because we still believe in a system that has failed us. This is a new age, its time for a new kind of Goverment. America 2.0. Make it so that the Government that revives it self every 200 years so the people at that time will get what they need and stay free. Out with the old and in with the new. People 200 years ago had better education then we do now. Our public school education is just ideals that back up what they want you to think America is so you can be a slave but think you are free. I am not a computer so I cannot regurgitate information like one but I remember some one very important saying that if you make them think they are free then they will do what ever you want them to do in the name of freedom. This is exactly what this nation is. We are not free because we do not know what slavery is.

We have been trained to be afraid of the unknown. Do you wonder why most movies are the same? Because its the same program telling you the same messages over and over. Repetition like advertizing. I see it all the time, one of the most popular examples is a 9/11 truther and a regular brain washed citizen. 9/11 is plain to see, the citizen knows it deep down but is to afraid to admit it.

Its like a scary movie, when some one hears a screeching noise and they go check it out. The audience is thinking oh # dont go your gonna die if you go. Dont investigate its to dangerous, your whole will change if you do. Programing threw fake fears.

edit on 10-11-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Dav1d

I think that the media has a lot to do with these cases taking longer than they should to resolve. These missing babies mothers would not have come under such public scrutany if they had not made national headlines. You hear this story say on CNN or GMA for example, then you get on your little facebook page and start giving your opinion of the situation on a public page. That fules more people to do the same, and eventually all of that my opinion, he said, she said,finger pointing rears it's ugly head back into the MSM, and it continues it's ugly cycle.

Then you have millions more people calling in "sightings" or "leads" that in truth will go nowhere and prolong the real investigation. In the case of Lisa Irwin, I really think that if that had stayed a local problem, they would be much further along than they are now with their investigation.
In the case of Sky Metalwala, GMA really wants to make you think that his mom is the one to blame, she did this, or she did that, how could she have does this.... This again has turned the public into torch carrying monster killers and they are out to get that woman now.

Long story short, the media is making these cases harder to investigate and solve, therefore making law enforcement look bad. I think if local could stay a little more local a whole heck of a lot a problems could be solved.

new topics

top topics

join