It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Website from a guy who did it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Ok, so I have come across a website that is from a man that went through the Balkan War.
It seems legitimate, and true to form.
shtfschool.com...

It talks about how he survived and what had happened.

edit on 10-11-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

edit on 11/10/11 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD

Originally posted by macman

he was a very accomplished man. thanks for sharing this wealth of information. you are a blessing!

Yeah yeah yeah, hardy har har.
Hit the Enter button too soon.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Thanks for the link. Interesting read if someone wants to properly prepare for the worst or just be entertained by dramatic real life stories.

There is another site like this one of a man in south america that lived through an economic collapse that I was reading for a bit but forgot to bookmark. Can't even remember the country anymore. I wonder if anyone knows what site I am talking about and can jog my memory with a link.

Anyhow thanks again for the link, This type of information is priceless.

ETA:
Found the site I was talking about. Funny enough it was in the comments of a post in this threads link.

The accounts of a man from Argentina after the 2001 crisis
ferfal.blogspot.com...

edit on 10-11-2011 by sageofmonticello because: eta

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Just reading it now.

Here's some real intel from him:

""Now my advice is: keep your storing and prepping as a secret, or keep it inside your group, family, friends if they preppers too.

Do not just go around with attitude that the end is coming and i am prepared and stocked. They all going to remember you when they get hungry. Hungry people are desperate people.""

Here's his critique of Apocalypse Man, the first episode...

""He says “this flashlight gonna save your life” then he enters some building with flashlight on to check it. It was like he wears T shirt with target, he is doing “security sweep” inside dark building with flashlight on, if somebody is inside he s dead for sure. Security sweep? Proper way is to quietly go inside without flashlight, hide somewhere, and wait for hour or two for other people to move.

To use battery as a weapon if somebody “pop up” from the corner?
) Man you light your self like Christmas tree in very dark area, nobody going to “pop up” in front of you unless he is idiot, they wait you to pass, and then smash your head from behind, or just simply shoot 20 rounds in direction of your flashlight from 50 meters distance, and you are dead again.

I mean guys forget about walking around with your flashlight constantly on. Steel wool and 9volt battery as a fire starter, very nice, i used steel wool as a kid to make some firework jokes. You know i spend some worst period of my life in city SHTF, i never saw anybody started fire like that, batteries were to valuable, i mean is it so hard to have bic lighter or Zippo? Covering fire, dump cardboard, that make sense.

Leaving building trough elevator shaft? Only if you are Navy seal member, most of us not, most of us are normal people not capable to do that things with cables. Do you understand what mean in SHTF if you break your leg or arm, you end up dead, simple cut can kill you.

Not to mention he is making too much noises, breaking things, he is moving trough city openly on the road. Entering the house to find tools? I understand that, but on that way? no chance, if somebody is inside you are dead. I would first wait outside for hour or two, trying to figure is that house really empty.Checking every movement or sound.Cans check, it is OK, i did that.

Entering sewer as a matter conceal movement, very good, i heard some guys did that, but you need to be really familiar with plans, it is harder than it looks. And then again thing that i do not understand, he is entering hospital trying to make it like his base camp.

I think it is stupid, hospital is last place to go in this situation, i mean staff is gone, but what do you mean it happens with all bodies? Nothing. Bodies are still going to be there. So do not go there. OK, if you already going in city during SHTF why do not choose smaller more secure place as your base camp, like police station,bank or something like that, you know more secure, smaller.""

Some realistic wordings and experience from the Bosnian...
edit on 10-11-2011 by WatchRider because: Inserting Paragraphs to eliminate Wall of Text.

edit on 10-11-2011 by WatchRider because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2011 by WatchRider because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing this awesome website. I've been reading for the past hour. The guy sounds genuine and his stories of first hand SHTF situation is priceless.

We left my country when the SHTF. My family was one of the last to leave. My uncle who stayed behind tells me some very similar stories and it makes me very emotional just listening to them. I know he sugar coats everything because he doesn't want to tell me everything but now reading Selco's stories I realize how hard it was for them during those as they called them "Dark Years".

I pray that we don't ever experience anything like this but knowledge is power and reading Selco's stories of survivals gave me a lot to think about.

Thanks again

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

More like, "this flashlight is going to end your life, just turn it on and signal to those you cant see that your there, and are to stupid to live"

That was the first thing i though when i seen that show some time back. guys retarted. Lights are a NO NO anywhere

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Reply to post by camaro68ss

That is what we were taught in police academy.

Also, if you need it on, hold it off to the side and a bit above your shoulder's.

Pressing the button quickly, but ipn a random fashion also works for disorientation to anyone except the flash light holder in a dark area.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

My whole mothers side of the family lived through it.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Lights are a No-No for sure. To include the cherry on a cigarette! That thing shines like a lighthouse in the dark.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Selco from Balkan.

Really funny name for someone from Balkan. No, its not funny, that name does not exist. He might have been foreign, but if he was he could went out of Balkan rather easy with amount of money he said he had (~900 euros by today standards).

If he said he was stuck in some god forsaken village I would maybe trust him, but in a city no way.

Yes it was bad, very bad time to be in Croatia/Bosnia in 91-95 (depends where tho), but that site is big fraud.

edit on 10-11-2011 by thereisnologic because: spelling

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thereisnologic

So I guess the Balkans are just crawling with folks named thereisnologic then? Yeah...or it's another online callsign?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon
reply to post by thereisnologic

So I guess the Balkans are just crawling with folks named thereisnologic then? Yeah...or it's another online callsign?

No need to reply like that. Yes, I get your point, it might be his nickname but he never stated so...

I just don't see the point of not mentioning at least towns in his posts, no harm in doing that except maybe he would get "debunked". Some of things he says are just almost impossible to have been on Balkan. Believe whatever you want, its your choice.

I have been in every single war on Balkan since 91 (Croatia when it all started, Bosnia in 92-93, Nato bombing of Serbia and Montenegro, brakeup of Serbia and Montenegro (not a war, but hostility of ppl was all time hight)) and that guy is so full of #.

Just my two cents, after all its upon readers of his blog to believe him or not.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Wow....great website, from someone with acctual experience. Here is part, which i think is really useful:

shtfschool.com

I was not prepper prior this situation, so in many fields i did poor, but i can mention what was hard to get in the city. I mean everything was hard to get, but you just do not think about some things until you notice you need it, and then is probably too late. Now let me know, i am not making some survival list here, so i am not mentioning usual things like food, ammo, guns, hygiene etc.

Small precise tools, like tools to fix watch or lighter, flints for lighters, sewing tools,aluminum foil as a help for cooking, garbage bags heavy duty lot of , nylon tarps, containers all kinds (jars, plastic canisters…)ropes all kinds, Velcro tapes, duct tape , chains and locks, belts all kinds including those belts like truck drivers use for fixing the load- don t know word sorry fabric bags (like bags for coffee), stuff to reinforce your windows and doors like metal plates, all kinds of tools.

If you ask me what tools, simple advice is: every tool that you need to take one ordinary house in parts, and to take that parts to your home, and every tool to fix stuff in your house.

But remember to keep it simple in prepping for city SHTF, I mean if you are planing to start generator unit in ruined city to have it like in good times,probably you gonna end up dead. It is much better to have solar batteries chargers and a lot rechargeable batteries. If you are storing things for trade in SHTF then store small things, batteries, candles, antibiotics, hand sanitizers, lighters etc. You are not be able to carry big things in city and look for trade.

Now my advice is: keep your storing and prepping as a secret, or keep it inside your group, family, friends if they preppers too. Do not just go around with attitude that the end is coming and i am prepared and stocked. They all going to remember you when they get hungry. Hungry people are desperate people.

edit on 10-11-2011 by nagabonar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
This is a pretty cool site.

be nice to know if when anything did happen where all people in your area are running in a panic. you don't have to..

you should always have an everyday plan b.

id rather just love my brother and live in peace.. but you know it won't be like that.

yep..

looks like we're all gonna be fighting off our own paranoia.. killing the other guy with the maglight for the last biscuit or drink lol

top topics

join