It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Paterno fired as football coach at Penn State

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

OH absolutely he should of done more. He is assistant coach now right? There were 8 accusations overall, how did anybody not act more? That administration needs to be emptied, the school sanitized and start the whole thing over.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Reply to post by TheInterceptor

Actually, you are required to follow the chain of command, even in a store

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Reply to post by butcherguy

You are just full of one fallacy after another, aren't you.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

You ain't seen nothin' yet. Wait till attorneys, judges, and high level LE are taken down.
Also, you think Penn State is the only school where crimes like these occur? Oh, no. I have a feeling that a ticking time bomb is sitting just waiting to go off.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia

Originally posted by Salamandy
reply to post by Resinveins

That is ridiculous.
Joe Paterno did all he possibly could do. He told the authorities, what else do you want him to do, dress up like up police officer, cart the guy away himself and risk getting busted for falsely acting as an officer?

I mean honestly, have I been reading lies? Is it not true that Joe Paterno told police and his higher ups? Is this not actually fact and Joe Paterno was lying - or is there a credible dispute about this?

edit on 10-11-2011 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2011 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)

Technically, he could have performed a citizen's arrest, but he might have had the naive hope that the authorities would actually take action. That's why he says he wished he had done more.

no such thing as a "citizen's Arrest" as you think.
Citizen's arrest means you the citizen, not the cops,... bring the charges becaue you are a witness, and the cop is not.

A COP MUST BE PRESENT....and you CANNOT aprehend or detain anyone. period.
A citizen's arrest means you are charging the person with the crime, and will follow through because the police do not have or do not think they have enough evidence to charge the subject in question with the associated crime.

You can't just "Arrest" people like Gomer on the Andy Griffith show.

" Citizen's Arrest! Citizen's Arrest!"

Bottom line, Joe had knowledge of child abuse, and should have informed the REAL Police, not the security guards.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Reply to post by nixie_nox

What else should be have done?

*contacted superiors - check

*contacted police - check

WHAT MORE?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

The link isn't working for the the attny general site, it seems like they locked it, it requires a username and password?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Reply to post by BadNinja68

Campus police are licensed officers, not security guards.

Jeebus

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by butcherguy

You are just full of one fallacy after another, aren't you.

Playing with incorrect spellings?

If not, I don't know where I have lied.

I have always liked Joe Paterno, I am a resident of Pennsylvania, born and raised here. I think he failed in this matter. I'm not saying he should go to jail. I don't believe he broke any laws. He failed in a moral respect.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheInterceptor

First, I would stop the rape by any and all means.
Then, I go to my superiors, which in turn will direct the police to interview me.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Paterno was Sandusky's immediate boss; that means Sandusky's actions affect Paterno.

Here's what I heard happened: A young boy walked into the shower room and saw Sandusky sodomizing the 10 yr old boy. The witness was horrified and ran for his dad. He and his dad found Paterno and told him what happened. Paterno and Sandusky 'consulted', and the story was that this was only horseplay, nothing serious. It didn't get escalated at that point. Now this.

Joe had the duty to notify the highest levels of Penn State. He hadn't witnessed anything so whether the police should have been notified is questionable. But the boy and his father should have gone directly to the State Police.

Just my .02

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mugger

The link isn't working for the the attny general site, it seems like they locked it, it requires a username and password?

Here is a link on Free Republic:

Finding of Facts

Hit the NY Times link on the Free Republic page.
edit on 10-11-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

You have missed it, because it hasn't been mentioned..... YET.

Who knows what may be hidden, but there is NO EVIDENCE OF THAT. So we need to stick to what is backed up by evidence and shy away from conjecture when no one has even thought that of the man.

Agreed, great points...

But this whole case reeks of cover-ups...

How can you be such great friends with someone (Paterno-Sandusky) and not know what they are up to?

Demote them, yet keep them on campus for so many years?

Too many questions, and that's without going into the case of the missing DA...

Hopeful that eventually more light will be shed on all of this insanity....

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Maybe if someone is caught steeling, but when it comes to RAPING CHILDREN you can shove your chain of command where the sun dont shine. I would not even go to the cops first myself, i would go to his house and make sure he could never do this to another kid ever again, then drag his ass to the police station.

Chain of command. HA. He needs to burn for taking his job and FOOTBALL more seriously than the RAPING OF MULTIPLE CHILDREN!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Here's what I heard happened: A young boy walked into the shower room and saw Sandusky sodomizing the 10 yr old boy. The witness was horrified and ran for his dad. He and his dad found Paterno and told him what happened.

McCreary was a 28 year old graduate assistant when the event took place.

He wasn't a boy, and he had a moral obligation to do more.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia

Originally posted by jibeho
Why didn't he intervene on the situation that he witnessed? Back to the basics of Moral Rectitude and protecting our youth. I've worked in a therapeutic with kids like this who have been abused by people they trust. The aftermath is not pleasant and neither are their stories.

We as responsible adults have a moral obligation to protect our youth at all costs. Period. No wiggle room and no way to rationalize out of the situation. Paterno failed the most basic test of moral rectitude.

Paterno wasn't the one who witnessed it. He heard about it from another person, and he reported it to the athletic director and the university police, who have full authority as police under law. They didn't do anything about it, and Paterno had nothing more than the word of a witness who did nothing else to pursue the matter.

I understand that. I was referring to McQueery and his inaction and subsequent inaction of everyone that he informed including Paterno. The first person McQueery told was his father. In the situation witnessed by him he would have had a distinct tactical advantage on a naked, wet Sandusky, preoccupied with anally raping a 10 year old boy. He failed to protect that boy and ran to his father rather than stopping the rape and calling for help.

I've been following this thread and reading accounts of the Grand Jury testimony like this

He saw a naked boy, Victim 2, whose age he estimated to be 10 years old, with his hands up against the wall, being subjected to anal intercourse by a naked [Jerry] Sandusky."

The "he" has been identified by the Harrisburg Patriot-News and other media outlets as Mike McQueary, then a graduate assistant and now an assistant coach at Penn State. Sandusky, of course, is the former Penn State football coach who has been charged with sexually assaulting eight boys over a decade.

So what did McQueary do in that moment? Did he shout? Did he pry the attacker off the young boy? Did he seek help from anyone who might have been nearby? Did he call the police?

The answer to all these questions is no, at least according to the grand jury report.

Instead, the 28-year-old called his father. And John McQueary told his son to call head football coach Joe Paterno. He did, the next day. And later that Saturday, the two met at Paterno's house. (I keep wondering where the 10-year-old was and what he was doing by then.)

www.philly.com... ne_.html?c=r

You know what they say about Criminal investigations... The first 48 hours are CRITICAL. Those 48 hours were wasted by cowards concerned with protecting a program that they apparently felt was more important than the well being of a 10 year old.

Sorry, I just can't accept any other attempts to rationalize the behavior of the cowards involved in this Crime. They are all culpable in my opinion.
edit on 10-11-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

--Subjectivity refers to a person and his or her perspective, feelings, beliefs, and desires--

The subject of moral subjectivity is not an action, but a person.

Morals and ethics are different for each person.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BurningSpearess

But this whole case reeks of cover-ups...

Yeah, big time.
I will wait to see what comes out of it, but you are right.... It stinks to high heaven.

Big money, big coverups.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

No you are REQUIRED by law to report ANY crime to the PROPER LEO.

Reply to post by BadNinja68

Campus police are licensed officers, not security guards.

Jeebus

No they are not.
You are terribly wrong.
I was a Campus security officer (Campus police) at Appalachian State University.
Campus Police have no more power than a security guard.

Campous police do not have any authority to investigate or arrest anyone especially in a child abuse case.
This is why POLICE are called when a crime happens on campus.

Actual Crimes are not investigated or handled in any way internally by Campus police.

It's sad how you think Joe is justified in keeping this horrible child abuse internal.
He deserves alot worse than he will get.

He's a filthy excuse for a human being.
Anyone who trivializes or commits crimes against children get a speacial form of hatred from me.

Im a parent. If you were too, this would enrage you to the limits of your being.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
reply to post by TheInterceptor

First, I would stop the rape by any and all means.
Then, I go to my superiors, which in turn will direct the police to interview me.

Ok, lets say you blow off child rape enough to only tell your boss at first. lets say your low enough to do something like that. fine. when the police dont come knocking on your door in the comming days what do you assume then? must not have been such a big deal after all... better get back to coaching football and forget about the whole thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join