It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Paterno fired as football coach at Penn State

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
at the moment it looks like students and putting together a candle light vigil for the VICTIMS in this case. again focus taken away from who isnt guilty and to the victims...I think this is a good thing

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

That is where you and I disagree. Adults have no right to put their hands on other peoples children, period.

So if you saw somebody you know very well playing around with one of their friend's kids your first thought would be that that person was a child molester?

link   

Originally posted by rebellender
at the moment it looks like students and putting together a candle light vigil for the VICTIMS in this case. again focus taken away from who isnt guilty and to the victims...I think this is a good thing

Good for them. The victims need all the support they can get.

link   
When it's all said and done I hope these guys are caught...

Elderly man gang raped in Texas
Investigators said the 70-year-old was walking Thursday around 6 a.m. at Valle del Sol Park on Valle Rico Road and Valle Fertil. They said four black men got out of a late 90s Ford or Chevrolet van or minivan and demanded the man to give them money. When he said "No," they allegedly grabbed him, threw him in the van and raped him.

and Sandusky spends much time in a cell with these fellows.....could there be any better justice?
edit on 11/11/2011 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/11/2011 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by King_John

That is where you and I disagree. Adults have no right to put their hands on other peoples children, period.

So if you saw somebody you know very well playing around with one of their friend's kids your first thought would be that that person was a child molester?

Let's just say this, it would make me nervous enough to not let mine around them.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by King_John

Let's just say this, it would make me nervous enough to not let mine around them.

Wow, ok I guess we'll just have to disagree on that one.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Originally posted by butcherguy
For many years, Joe Paterno ran a very tight ship at Penn State's football program. He was a model citizen that lived a modest life, donating the largest part of his salary to the school.

All that has changed. Joe did the right thing legally, but in a moral sense, he failed miserably.

Firing him was the right move by the board of trustees, which includes the governor of the state of PA. Joe should have resigned yesterday and saved the fans the disgrace of seeing him fired, which no one would have ever predicted a year ago.

College football is too big.

Universities are supposed to be about higher learning, not about operating a sports business that generates $50 million a year. JMHO.
edit on 10-11-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

Lmao, spoken like a true feminist. I bet you wouldn't be happy till all male sports are outlawed and only women studies classes are offered on Colleges.

Joe did the right thing. He didn't witness the event first hand. If he had witnessed the event first hand he would have had a moral/legal obligation to call the cop's asap. But, based upon the testimony of another he did the only thing he should have, report it to the higher ups. If they failed to respond then the blame falls squarely on them.

By your own admission this isn't about Joe, this is about feminist, male hating bigots like you attacking the "patriarchy". Attacking anything pro-male, or anything that enables male self determination(as College football helps many get an education they wouldn't have been able to get without football; Feminist definition of "Patriarchy"= male individual self determination,exp: My right to decide what to wear, how to vote, what I want to get an education in, whom I choose to marry/date/avoid, what type of job I want to work; all of that is the mythical "patriarchy" that feminist's want to "smash and destroy".).

Bitter...Table Of One! WTF? Are you projecting, or what? Your off-topic rant says a lot more about your attitude about women than anything. At least he was on topic. Maybe your testosterone is clouding your perceptions.
I agree with him. Universities are for education, not for running multi-million dollar sports programs. And that money was the basis for the cover-up, plain and simple. Children were abused and have suffered because of the greed of the Administration and the coaches in tandem. The politics of gender issues has nothing to do with this. Sandusky is a child molester, and his cronies helped him sweep it under the rug. It's pretty obvious.
edit on 11-11-2011 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2011 by moonzoo7 because: content was incorrect in reference to the member that was quoted

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by moonzoo7

Thanks moonzoo7.

But, for the record, I am a guy. butcher-guy

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
UPDATE: Paterno has just retained the services of a defence attorney. Hmmm...I wonder why.
To quote Alice in Wonderland, "This is getting curiouser and curiouser....."

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Thanks moonzoo7.

But, for the record, I am a guy. butcher-guy

I stand corrected; I do apologize. I was reading another post and got confused. Yes, you're a guy, AND, you're still correct in your assessment. Once again, my sincere apology. I have corrected the content.
edit on 11-11-2011 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

No apology necessary.

I was putting it out there to avoid any confusion later.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Who is going to be charged criminally?

Looks like everyone involved according to past case law in Pennsylvania and a lawyers take on the issue.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11-11-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

I have to disagree with you....Paterno knew and should've went right to the police!! A grown man was having sexual relations with children and God knows how many other men were in on this child sex ring!! This was a blatant cover up to save the reputation of the wonderful Penn State and everyone who knew should go down and be cellmates with a big, horny guy...eye for an eye!!

I'm not angry with you but when innocent children's lives are devistated by something like this I have ZERO sympathy for those involved and those who knew..to me they're all on the same friggin' boat!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Penn State says Mike McQueary won’t be at game on Saturday due to ‘multiple threats’

Good.....

and for the twist, as this rabbit hole gets deeper and deeper, SOME 'threats' are supposedly coming from and being made by large donors who were once provided sexual slave service THROUGH sandusky from young boys to said donors in exchange for their generous contributions.
WHEN this is completely unraveled and exposed the sickness and width of participation and knowledge of offending actions and behavior will shake a sane brain numb.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Can someone explain to me why the university fired Joepa and not McQueary? He actually witnessed a child being raped and only told his father and Joepa..........

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Can someone explain to me why the university fired Joepa and not McQueary? He actually witnessed a child being raped and only told his father and Joepa..........

I wondered this ever since I found out that Paterno wasn't the witness. I smell foul play.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
McQueary's status has changed several times recently.

At first he was still a coach.. still expected to attend Saturdays game... still staff.

Yesterday it was announced he'd be skipping the game because of threats.. but still on staff.

Today it was announced he's on administrative leave... whatever that means.

Make of that what you will.. but certainly it looks odd.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by nixie_nox

What else should be have done?

*contacted superiors - check

*contacted police - check

WHAT MORE?

How about contacting the kid's parents?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by banishedfromthisarea

What if he didn't know what boy it was? This is where McQueary comes in as the one who didn't take enough action. He's the one who saw it.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34 >>

join