It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Paterno fired as football coach at Penn State

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by King_John

I know plenty of people who are overly affectionate or touchy with everybody.

I used to teach school and this would never be acceptable behavior from someone who works in a school environment. I can't stand touchy people. Especially those who are that way with kids. I always make sure to keep my distance from them.

And in the large majority of the time the person isn't a child molester, Sandusky was the leader of Second Mile,and that's where he knew the kids from, so its safe to say he was close with most of the children. If I saw a person I'd known my whole life wrestling around and tickling kids he was mentoring or had a close personal relationship with, my first instinct wouldn't be OH MY GOD HE'S A CHILD MOLESTER, I wouldn't think anything of it and assume it was harmless horseplay.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

reply to post by WarminIndy

or cause a report to be made

This is where I things get fuzzy. Who knows if the President told Paterno he'd do the report. Paterno reported it as he should have, but who knows what he was told by those above him.

We already know that Penn State's President lied about what Paterno told him. I think it's fair to think that he may have lied and told Paterno that he was going to write the report. If Paterno wrote the report, he would've stated in it that a rape was reported instead of the President's version of "horsing around".
See where I'm going with this?

That may be so, but within 48 hours the call was to be made to ChildLine. That call was required by Paterno because McQueary already followed protocol and that made Paterno the designated agent. Why do I say that? Because the crimes were committed by a member of the coaching staff that Paterno was head of. Paterno was direct head of the football program. That means he was boss. His bosses were not directly over the football program, they are head of the University. So yes, Paterno was the designated agent.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by King_John

reply to post by King_John

I know plenty of people who are overly affectionate or touchy with everybody.

I used to teach school and this would never be acceptable behavior from someone who works in a school environment. I can't stand touchy people. Especially those who are that way with kids. I always make sure to keep my distance from them.

And in the large majority of the time the person isn't a child molester, Sandusky was the leader of Second Mile,and that's where he knew the kids from, so its safe to say he was close with most of the children. If I saw a person I'd known my whole life wrestling around and tickling kids he was mentoring or had a close personal relationship with, my first instinct wouldn't be OH MY GOD HE'S A CHILD MOLESTER, I wouldn't think anything of it and assume it was harmless horseplay.

Eww no. There is no reason for a person who is not directly related to a child to even have their hands on the child.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The point is when did Joe Paterno know that Sandusky was a child molester? If he knew he was a child molester why did he join or continue to be a board member?

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
Here is a list of honorary board members for Sandusky's charity. On that list is Joe Paterno.

Board of Directors: Honorary Board

John R. Cappelletti - Retired PSU & NFL Football Player, Heisman Trophy Winner
R. R. M. Carpenter, III - Former Owner, Philadelphia Phillies
James E. Ford - Retired Vice President, Kmart
William A. Gettig - President, Gettig Technologies, Inc.
Jack Ham - Retired NFL Player, Pittsburgh Steelers, Hall of Fame
Franco Harris - Retired NFL Player, Pittsburgh Steelers, Hall of Fame
Lou Holtz - Retired Football Coach, Sportscaster, and Motivational Speaker
Dr. Bryce Jordan - Retired, Penn State University President
Willi Maier - President, Omni Plastics, Inc.
Matt Millen - ESPN Football Analyst
Arnold D. Palmer - President, Arnold Palmer Enterprises
Joseph V. Paterno - Head Football Coach, Penn State University
Andy Reid - Head Football Coach, Philadelphia Eagles
Dr. John Reidell - General Surgeon, Past Second Mile Board President
Cal Ripken, Jr. - Former ML Baseball Shortstop, President & CEO of Ripken Baseball, Inc.
Dominic Toscani - Owner & President, Paris Business Forms
Richard Vermeil - Retired NFL Head Coach, (Kansas City Chiefs, St. Louis Rams, Philadelphia Eagles)
Mark Wahlberg - Actor, Rapper, and Film & TV Producer
Verne Willaman - Retired Chairman and President, Ortho Pharmaceutical Corp.
Quentin Wood - Retired Chairman and CEO, Quaker State Oil Refining Corp.
Richard A. Zimmerman - Retired Chairman of the Board, Hershey Foods

www.thesecondmile.org...

Mark Wahlberg will have something to say publicly about this soon. He isn't quiet when it comes to things like this.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

The point is when did Joe Paterno know that Sandusky was a child molester? If he knew he was a child molester why did he join or continue to be a board member?

Mark Wahlberg will have something to say publicly about this soon. He isn't quiet when it comes to things like this.

Very good point there.
edit on 11/11/2011 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Mark Wahlberg - Actor, Rapper, and Film & TV Producer

An omitted 'P' could have been devastating for Marky Mark...thank god for proof readers!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Thanks for posting that list from The Second Mile.
I hope the whole lot who harmed the children or made any money off their pimping is dealt with very harshly.
ALL of them. Not just the perceived "faces".

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Yesterday, Cal Ripken Jr. had them remove his name.
articles.baltimoresun.com...

Seems Cal Ripken wants nothing to do with it. Good for him.

So far, Mark Wahlberg has not asked it to be removed yet,

Former Notre Dame football coach Lou Holtz also had his name removed from the Second Mile's site, while legendary golfer Arnold Palmer, Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid and actor Mark Wahlberg did not. Former Penn State coach Joe Paterno, who was fired Wednesday night for not reporting what he knew about an incident involving Sandusky and a young boy to authorities, has also been removed from the list of honorary directors.

Give him time, I am sure Mark Wahlberg will have something to say.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
If Madden knew what was going on with The Second Mile, you think the others on the board didn't?

Cal Ripkin and Markie Mark might be just as guilty as Paterno for keeping their mouths closed.
Let's all be fair here.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

If Madden knew what was going on with The Second Mile, you think the others on the board didn't?

Cal Ripkin and Markie Mark might be just as guilty as Paterno for keeping their mouths closed.
Let's all be fair here.

Some of them are honorary donors without actually being a part of it, such as Cal Ripkin, his own organization was only a corporate partner.

"In the nonprofit world, people end up on an honorary board and sometimes they don't even know they're on it," Steve Salem, president of the Cal Ripken Sr. Foundation, said. "It doesn't really mean anything."

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Yesterday, Cal Ripken Jr. had them remove his name.
articles.baltimoresun.com...

Seems Cal Ripken wants nothing to do with it. Good for him.

Now if only Cal could distance himself from the Orioles...joking! Couldn't resist as I'm only a stone throw from Camden Yards right now!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Let's all be fair here.

Holy Freakin crap...this non-profit agency has assets worth $9,454,510 and paid Sandusky $399,000. Non-profit, my foot.
www.collegian.psu.edu...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Until they figure out which donors used the kids for sex, I'm not ruling out anyone.
So far, they're just speaking about Penn State donors, but I can't believe for a minute that Sandusky wouldn't have offered the same to his "charity" donors.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Don't know if this has been brought up before.. but it pertains to how far this scandal may go.

Switzer on Penn State scandal

I've been sort of wondering when other coaches and former coaches would start to chime in.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
He's gettin paid and they bring him his 'chicken'. That game should be cancelled until they clean house thoroughly!

Let's all be fair here.

Holy Freakin crap...this non-profit agency has assets worth $9,454,510 and paid Sandusky $399,000. Non-profit, my foot.
www.collegian.psu.edu...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Eww no. There is no reason for a person who is not directly related to a child to even have their hands on the child.

I know plenty of adults who play fight or just generally horse around with the kids of their friends or close acquiescent, it doesn't mean they're a child molester.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I know plenty of adults who play fight or just generally horse around with the kids of their friends or close acquiescent, it doesn't mean they're a child molester.

Do they play around with them in the presence of other adults...or alone in the shower?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Until they figure out which donors used the kids for sex, I'm not ruling out anyone.
So far, they're just speaking about Penn State donors, but I can't believe for a minute that Sandusky wouldn't have offered the same to his "charity" donors.

Don't mess with Texas, prosecutors there are considering charging Jerry Sandusky for Victim 4 at the Alamo Bowl...
www.msnbc.msn.com...-7Iwe6c

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Do they play around with them in the presence of other adults...or alone in the shower?

Obviously not alone in the shower, and that's obviously not what I was talking about. Afterthought said that Sundasky's wife must of had some inkling that Sundasky was a child molester because of people reports and presumably herself seeing him tickle and horse around with the kids he was mentoring. I was stating that if I saw a person I knew and trusted horsing around with kids they were close with or taking care of my first thoughts wouldn't be that that person was a child molester.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Obviously not alone in the shower, and that's obviously not what I was talking about. Afterthought said that Sundasky's wife must of had some inkling that Sundasky was a child molester because of people reports and presumably herself seeing him tickle and horse around with the kids he was mentoring. I was stating that if I saw a person I knew and trusted horsing around with kids they were close with or taking care of my first thoughts wouldn't be that that person was a child molester.

That is where you and I disagree. Adults have no right to put their hands on other peoples children, period.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join