It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Paterno fired as football coach at Penn State

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

He didn't live up to the moral standards of PSU. Simple enough to wrap your mind around.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Lemon.Fresh, what is your gripe? He was fired?

link   

Originally posted by mugger
reply to post by antonia

So you can be fired for flatulence, What if he was black? I guess that is ok also? What if he was a homo? I guess that would not be considered either

If you obviously state "I'm firing you because you or black" then you have stepped into it. There are laws in most states that forbid this kind of behavior. It will also get you sued. However, you are off track here. There is nothing in the Constitution that mandates when and how an employer can fire you. That's why it makes no sense for you to bring up the Constitution. His employer felt he was incompetent (due to his actions) so they fired him. it 's their right, even if you think it's just scapegoating. They even have the right to fire him just to have a scapegoat. There is no law against that.

link   
reply to post by de Thor

One does not need to witness a crime to report it.

Ludicrous.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by de Thor

My gripe is the witch hunt, up to and including the firing, which was spearheaded by the MSM.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by de Thor

Ludicrous.

I'm not even sure what you're arguing anymore. You're out of your element, man.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by de Thor

While the two who were actually indicted are still very much affiliated with PSU.

That is logical.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

reply to post by de Thor

Ludicrous.

You claim no failure to report charges were filed because he did not witness the molestation, did you not?

You do not need to witness to file a report, and if you have reasonable suspicion and do not file, you can be charged.

SImple logic here.

Sorry you can't grasp it.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

My gripe is the witch hunt, up to and including the firing, which was spearheaded by the MSM.

Indeed, it is a witch hunt. Everyone's head at Penn St is rolling. Only natural that the face of the organization's head rolls too. I don't like how it has played out either, but I used logic to pass through the denial stage pretty quickly. He kicked the can down the road which according to PSU, as evidenced by his firing, is a failure of his moral obligation.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
From Penn State to State Penn....lol

The Vatican issued a statement that they were appalled by the Penn State allegations. And they don’t understand why Jerry Sandusky wasn’t immediately transferred to another school.

Funny

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

If I had to guess.. and a guess is all you're probably going to get unless the trustees that made that decision care to make their reasoning known... but.. if I had to guess.. they'd probably cite some sort of morals clause in his contract ... something along the lines of his actions or inactions reflecting badly on the school. Hell if they want to, they can just say they felt it was time to move on to someone else. Or he didn't win enough games.. or any number of any other superfluous reasons.

But get it through your head, he need not be charged with a crime to be fired.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

reply to post by de Thor

Ludicrous.

You claim no failure to report charges were filed because he did not witness the molestation, did you not?

You do not need to witness to file a report, and if you have reasonable suspicion and do not file, you can be charged.

SImple logic here.

Sorry you can't grasp it.

Sorry you can't grasp THAT I AGREE WITH YOU. Holy cow balls.

Edited to add in case you missed it:
Indeed, it is a witch hunt. Everyone's head at Penn St is rolling. Only natural that the face of the organization's head rolls too. I don't like how it has played out either, but I used logic to pass through the denial stage pretty quickly. He kicked the can down the road which according to PSU, as evidenced by his firing, is a failure of his moral obligation.

edit on 10-11-2011 by de Thor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Resinveins

So why was he fired?

Because the board of trustees decided that the way he dealt with this issue warranted dismissal? Are you just grasping?

link   
reply to post by de Thor

You are being willfully ignorant, for the last time, the board could have gotten rid of him if they wanted to, they just did not want to deal with the bad press and financial loss that would be associated with that decision. The loss and publicity would all still be in the realm of football. Thats it. The man had no power over anything unrelated to sports.

link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
I say it's good that he was fired!!! He should have reported what he was told to the police . . .

That why he was obviously indicted for failure to report abuse to the authorities after the evidence was presented to a grand jury.

Amirite?

I don't think he needed to do anything illegal to get fired, he did something that was wrong, morally wrong for those who run Penn State. He didn't need to be indicted to be fired they wanted him gone, and he was gone!! You don't need to be indicted to be fired!!!!

I see nothing wrong there.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

reply to post by de Thor

While the two who were actually indicted are still very much affiliated with PSU.

That is logical.

Which is why I have no respect for them now.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
It actually is past my bedtime.

Too many thoughts flowing, and I am not making myself coherent enough.

Will continue tomorrow.

Night folks! Thanks for the fun.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
reply to post by de Thor

You are being willfully ignorant, for the last time, the board could have gotten rid of him if they wanted to, they just did not want to deal with the bad press and financial loss that would be associated with that decision. The loss and publicity would all still be in the realm of football. Thats it. The man had no power over anything unrelated to sports.

What i'm trying to tell you is that the realm of football and the power garnered through sports is HUGE at a university, directly due to the amount of money brought into the institution by sports.

PSU sure as hell wasn't known for its academics.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
How is this 'alternative' news. Is it a conspiracy? Is he an alien? I don't get it.

Many suspect that there was a conspiracy to cover up the incidents in order to protect PSU and its football program.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by de Thor

LOL, no actually its not. I mean of course the university makes money from that but they do not use any of that revenue generated through sports to fund anything related to campus improvement, salary for employees, scholarships, or tuition. So any impact it would have would be negligible as far as university politics. And actually Penn State is known for their excellent academic programs. Yes it was also rated number 1 party school a couple of years ago, but its not an easy school. Not University Park anyway.
edit on 10-11-2011 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join