It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

thoughts on society and the village

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
last night i watched a movie called the village (sorta recent film), and although my friend thought it made absolutely no sense and was entirely not possible, i couldn't help but wonder if the film held any significant symbolism in regards to our society today. tell me if im just thinking to much and have to much time on my hands, but here's what i think.

we are the villlagers, and the elders are our leaders, those who control us, provide us this reality, with what we are to believe and what not to. the forest and the beasts are our fears and draw the line in whats possible, its all fear, that holds us in. these villagers were brought up in this fear, and held onto it because they felt it made them safe, in other words, the preferred there cells (little trumanism there) rather than the truth. however in this case, there happens to be the love that a simple man, lucious, and a blind girl, ivy, hold for each other. and how this love broke all barriers of fear, and overcame the troubles that plagued that villagers minds. so its all about love, after all, the world moves for it, as it was said in the film i believe.

thats all i have right now, still trying to figure out what the outer world, beyond the fence, has to do with it all. any thoughts on how on the film or how it corresponds with society today?

dfh out.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Plenty of symbolism here.

Hehe . . . "Is all we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?"

I think Neon Helmet might have intersting things to say about this.

join