It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada is exporting asbestos for roofing to indian slums - and poisoning millions of people

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

How do people in Quebec lose? Seems to me the people of Quebec would lose something, like their jobs, if they stopped making it. There are uses for it plain and simple. Canada is not responsible for how others use it. Its like saying the guy at the gun store is responsible for any crimes commited with the guns he sold.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Reply to post by luxordelphi

Thanks for posting that for my friend above

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Reply to post by luxordelphi

Thanks for posting that for my friend above

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker
reply to post by luxordelphi

How do people in Quebec lose? Seems to me the people of Quebec would lose something, like their jobs, if they stopped making it. There are uses for it plain and simple. Canada is not responsible for how others use it. Its like saying the guy at the gun store is responsible for any crimes commited with the guns he sold.

I can tell that you've never talked to the people in Quebec. Well I have. Specifically in Montreal. The big corporations come into Quebec promising jobs. They import employees for all management positions and use the local population for the jobs they don't want. Working with this asbestos is just as dangerous as it's ever been until they get the coating onto it. That's how the people of Quebec lose. Are people going to risk their lives to support their families? Sure they are; it's always been that way. The corporations win and the citizens lose.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
Working with this asbestos is just as dangerous as it's ever been until they get the coating onto it. That's how the people of Quebec lose. Are people going to risk their lives to support their families? Sure they are; it's always been that way. The corporations win and the citizens lose.

I worked in a chemical plant for 5 years making resins. Sorry but dealing with a 5000 gallon tank of pressurized, super heated, resin is far more dangerous than making asbestos. Companies provide you with all the protection you need and if they don't you call the gov and make them do so. I have actually done that so don't say the gov favours the corps. You phone workplace safety and they are there pronto.

There are far more dangerous jobs so thats a lame excuse.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

Here you go then from OSHA themselves:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

“There is no level of asbestos exposure that is known to be safe and minimizing your exposure will minimize your risk of developing asbestos-related disease.”

I'd go on with the laser techniques being developed to try to see these particles which are so small that they have no barriers and there is no safety precaution that will protect against them.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi

Here you go then from OSHA themselves:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

“There is no level of asbestos exposure that is known to be safe and minimizing your exposure will minimize your risk of developing asbestos-related disease.”

I'd go on with the laser techniques being developed to try to see these particles which are so small that they have no barriers and there is no safety precaution that will protect against them.

Positive pressure systems, the same kind that are used in IC manufactury to keep them dust free, will protect against asbestos particles. Positive pressure systems come in all forms, even portable for personal protection use. They are reasonably cheap too.

So its not correct to say that, and I will quote. " there is no safety precaution that will protect against them".

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BMorris

Positive pressure systems, the same kind that are used in IC manufactury to keep them dust free, will protect against asbestos particles. Positive pressure systems come in all forms, even portable for personal protection use. They are reasonably cheap too.

So its not correct to say that, and I will quote. " there is no safety precaution that will protect against them".

I looked but did not find evidence that IOEH had suggested much less implemented anything beyond having employees take showers and change clothes before going home so as not to infect their families.

ibasecretariat.org...

Chrysotile fibers are less than 30 nanometers in diameter. They are less than 1 micron in size.

www.nlcpr.com...

The thickness of a dime and an average grain of sand are about 1 millimeter. A thousand millimeters make a meter. A micron, micrometer, is one millionth of a meter. A nanometer is one billionth of a meter. An atom is 0.1 to 0.3 nanometers.

mrsec.wisc.edu...

Here's a chart from a company that makes filters and they put a filter for asbestos as one that can filter out particles in the 0.7 to 90 micron range. That's 700 to 90,000 nanometers.

The dangers of asbestos have been known for a long time. That's why the EPA says there are no safe levels.

habee.hubpages.com...

The ancient Greek and Roman elders recognized the inherent asbestos dangers. Both Strabo and Pliny the Elder noticed that the slaves responsible for weaving cloth from asbestos fibers often had lung diseases and particularly short life spans. In the late nineteenth century, factory inspectors in France and Britain blamed the untimely deaths of workers on asbestos-induced lung ailments.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
If Canada is not to blame, neither is China to blame for the dangerous crap they ship to the west.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Correct, the west is to blame for buying the dangerous rubbish they ship to us. They are not forcing us to buy it, they are just making it cheap enough to tempt us to buy it.
edit on 11/11/2011 by BMorris because: removal of inadvertant swear word

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
If Canada is not to blame, neither is China to blame for the dangerous crap they ship to the west.

China is communist. The state owns the corporation. The state is the corporation and the corporation is the state. The people of China, the slaves, are not to blame but China, the state and corporation is to blame for every poisonous product they export. The corporations of the west make deals with communist China to utilize their slave population making everything much cheaper there than in the west where people have to be paid for work. The corporation that continues to facilitate the use of asbestos is always to blame for the ongoing death toll.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

so you think it's okay to sell a deadly substance that you've banned in your own country to another country knowing how it's gonna be used?

what's wrong with you people on this site, seriously there are some weirdos here.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222

so you think it's okay to sell a deadly substance that you've banned in your own country to another country knowing how it's gonna be used?

what's wrong with you people on this site, seriously there are some weirdos here.

Indeed there are.

Some weirdo's like to think some countries should tell others how to go about their business whether it be right or wrong.

edit on 14-11-2011 by FreeSpeaker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join