It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAS (Future Attack Submarine)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DRAGON27
they have started a program on auto welding. like the robots that they have cut the steel but know they will weld.

i found some declassafide papers on future war ships but there is no link ill have to scan them in as soon as i get home and i found some railgun papers that i have edit the classafide and top secret stuff out before i can release it its mostly prices and things like that.

That would be greatly apreciated

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Some questions:

1. Are they still planing to use steel for sub hull? Or some modern materials (i.e. composites).

2. About those ElectroMagnetic engines - it's true that they produce almost no sound , but what about the EM fields? The early subs were detected by EM field of their hulls, so cannot the huge EM field crated by such engines be easy to detect?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
as i said the plans for that propultion sys. was way over my head. its not in my field. my field is the next generation of aircraft carriers. the sub is planned to be built in like 15yrs. the outlook is that tech. will be so far advanced that problems like EM fields will be solved.

have you heard of cromoly(cromoly=crome+steel)there is 2 types. 3cm. of travel per foot more than steel,but a combat use has been found yet. the use of it now is in bikes.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join