It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens = future mankind/ time travellers?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Okay, I know there a threads and posts dealing with this topic but give me chance to put some more scientific touch to all of these theories.

Some say Aliens (okay let's just stick to the typical "Greys") could be us, slipping through dimension gates or even travelling in time. They have some human traits and somewhat that human look, but the most significant difference to us is their so often described "big head".

There is an article by the BBC about a study which was published in the British Dental Journal:

BBC article

They came to some unexpected results: the shape of the human skull has changed considerably in the six or seven hundred years between the modern and medieval samples. It would appear that our skulls, and most likely our brains, are getting selectively bigger.

Two sets of older skulls, thirty from London plague victims of the mid-14th century and another fifty-two from the wreck of the Mary Rose in 1545, were measured in several different dimensions, including the height of the cranial vault (the measurement from eye to top of head). The old skulls had an average height for the cranial vault of 80mm. These were compared with a set of modern skulls (measurements taken from dental records). The average cranial vault height for the modern skulls? 95mm—a more than 18% increase.

What exactly the increase in size means is something else again. The first impulse is to attribute it to an increase in intelligence. Certainly Dr. Peter Rock, who led the study, suggests that the increase in size may reflect an increase in mental capacity, but this seems a little premature. Firstly, it falls to a common misconception that brain size directly relates to mental capacity. This has been proven false a number of times. In general across species, mental capacity relates to the brain size relative to body size, not brain size absolute. Within species the given brain size of an individual seems to have no predictable effect on intelligence, with the exception of specific brain diseases that can lead to abnormally large or small brains. Given that the average human has increased in size and height over the centuries, the measured increase may simply be reflective of this larger change, or it may reflect the very different nutritional status of the modern, first-world human, as compared to most of the rest of humanity throughout history.

(the x-ternal text was taken from link )

I think if the "time traveller" theory applies we can argue that the Aliens are ourselves, just some thousand of years ahead in evolution.

Of course you have to be open- minded about such crazy sounding theories but I think there are enough open-minded people on here

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Good thread.

Not a crazy theory at all. In fact - I am certain that most people would argue that this theory makes more sense than the "Greys" being of extraterrestrial origin.

I have thought of this myself many times. Perhaps the reason for the abductions are less sinister than what we assume. Perhaps it is to save the genetic pool in the future by harvesting from the past, or (my favorite theory) to introduce some sort of genetic alteration / mutation in our timeline and our current human state that can potentially save us from a future catastrophe. As they know what catastrophes destroyed or damaged part of their own biology - they perhaps have an interest to preserve the genetic code prior to that event?

Reminds me of one of my fav' sci-fi series "The 4400"...
Hollywood may be privy to more than we know...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I always thought the grey skin and the bigger eyes were due to extended periods in space. Without the benefit of a sun being in close proximity to the being the skin would evolve into a greyish tone. The eyes would become bigger and the pupil would become the entire eye due to lack of light in space.

I think these are probably the main reasons ET's could never come and "hang out" for a bbq and have some beers. The Earth is most likely toxic for them.

Just my personal theories.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

I too think that you may very well be correct in your assumptions. The idea that's been floating around in my head is, what if the past visitations as recorded in ancient art and even the Bible is an ancient "human" civilization (possibly the Atlanteans) who escaped the first destruction of the Earth only to return in their Spaceships as gods ?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
the government says that there isnt any other intelligent life in our know universe ( that we know of ofc ) maybe its true, there isnt. we might actually be the ets we see and read about coming back to the past!

s+f for future human time travelers

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I very much believe this. If time travel is possible then it must already be happening. Until time travel is found to be undoable there should be international laws prohibiting governments from chaning past events. Would it not suck if China got time travel first?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I too have had this theory for yonks that UFO's are some sort of time travelling device that we just catch glimpses of before they return. There seems to be an abundance of sightings at very important events throughout our history.
The 'Greys', imo, are figments of people's imagination - I mean no offence to those who firmly believe that they have been either abducted or visited in their dreams - and do not believe that we could possibly evolve into something like that.
I do not think it is possible to 'go back in time' but I do believe that we could send some sort of device back in time to find the answers to those questions we have been asking.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Not that I want to argue specifics because it could lead in too many directions, but....

If time travel was possible, and some government came back and changed something, how would you know it?

King

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Maybe thats why UFO's just visit, float around, and leave. Maybe with the high rate of visits/sightings lately they know this is a time period of high significance and they'd like to see their history in living color?

I like this theory.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kingalbrect79

Ahh - the temporal paradox! I was waiting for someone to raise this issue...

I would imagine that visiting future entities would only change parallel time-lines to their own... (if there is such a thing).

They wouldn't wanna mess around with their own time-line, because then they might just cease to exist. And if they cease to exist - would they still be there to make the original change in their past???

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
WOW!!

I'm really liking this theory
Giving me plenty food for thought. As soon as I get home I'm going to discuss this with my sisters and mother

S&F!!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
If this theory is true and time travel is already a fact of the future then is it not possible that the technology may have already been introduced to the past for some reason or another!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The time travel theory makes sense. Maybe thats why they interact very little with the human race because it would affect future events. Remember Back to the Future? Some have even suggested that the Bible was written by humans from the future who knew what events would take place, and even handed down 2012 prophecies. Time is a loop, not a continuous line. It could be the reason we see carvings of airplanes and helicopters in an ancient Egyptian temple. But yes if tIme travel is ever discovered than we should expect visitors from the future and that could explain the UFO sightings. I think the answer to all these mysteries is in one of the largest monuments on earth. The Great Pyramid.

evidence of Time Travel. Seems like ancient man was enlightened by future technologies

Egyptian depiction of aircraft
www.alienshift.com...

Egyptian light bulb
www.ancientx.com...

edit on 10-11-2011 by Greensboro1978 because: edit text

ancient depiction of a rocket ship
1.bp.blogspot.com...

replica of that rocket ship
2.bp.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Thank you guys for your interesting views! It's definitely an interesting point of view and could be really the reason why the gov. all over the world don't "disclose" any alien activities because the aliens are human

Originally posted by Greensboro1978
I think the answer to all these mysteries is in one of the largest monuments on earth. The Great Pyramid.

I will post a thread in a few days about the European scientist Erich von Däniken who researched the pyramids. I had the chance to talk to him twice and I will tell you some stunning facts

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

We'll be waiting patiently!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by RP2SticksOfDynamite

If this theory is true and time travel is already a fact of the future then is it not possible that the technology may have already been introduced to the past for some reason or another!

And why wouldnt that be possible? What kind of rules would prevent such a thing?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

To say that they are walking around posing as humans is wrong.

An alien, or should I say groups of aliens because they work together as a team, can morph into a human to confuse the abductee. This did happen. People started developing these stories of shapeshifting with reptilians but it started with the greys. I do not think it is seperating matter and energy but controlling your mind to make you hallucinate. Which leads us to the actual mind that a grey alien has. Based on earthly terms and alien (or group of aliens) can do magic. They can float and do other things like magic. They can fly the UFO inside of our time. So in one split second they can fly around and do all kinds of things, but of course it is extremely quickly, it is inside of our time by far. The time travel is how powerful their mind is. Now that is unbelievable but true. Or, maybe they can't appear in the 50s but they are outside of our time and dimension, so they can do whatever they want. As far as looking at earth from their perspective, they have the ability to scan the mind of every human from a large city just by flying over the city, very fast they pick someone for their purposes.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Interesting twist and validated thought since most seem to agree that they are some sort of dimensional beings.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Don't get me wrong, I don't think they are walking around among us or mimic our manners. I think if they are from the future they are far more evolved (of course) and thus having more (mental) abilities!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

I agree, I highly doubt they are walking around with us as "shape shifters" or anything like that. I mean what purpose would that pose? To study us in a social enviroment maybe? But in truth if they really wanted to study us, they could simply just take us and do what they please.

On the theroy of possible Humans from the past/future..This could be. How else could a ETIE know where we would be in the universe. Given the fact the universe consists of billions and billions on planets and stars. They would have to be looking for lifetimes upon lifetimes.

Great thought though and S&F

-SAP-
edit on 10-11-2011 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join