It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those that are against abortion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Are you also against the woman having an abortion if she gets raped by a family member/complete stranger?

If you're against abortion then that means that the woman should be forced to have the baby, all because your 1000+ year old book says it's an "evil" thing to do. It's a shame how religion still has a choke hold on social issues, especially in America. European countries are light years ahead of us when it comes to gay unions/marriage/abortion etc..Why? Because they have managed to set themselves free from the teachings of an ancient book that was based on nothing more than superstitions that are considered stupid and foolish by the majority of the scientific community.

You should stop making others feel guilty because of their personal decisions, at the end of the day it's THEIR life and not yours you don't know the situation they are in. Some of them don't like the idea of giving up the baby for adoption and they shouldn't be forced into anything because of the stupid beliefs that are still prominent amongst some.

Nearly all abortions take place in the first trimester, when the fetus cannot exist independent of the mother. As it is attached by the placenta and umbilical cord, its health is dependent on her health, and cannot be regarded as a separate entity or as a "person".
edit on 11/10/2011 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I'm split in my opinion.
On one hand, I personally would never consider it, but on the other hand if you remove it from the DR. office you bring it back to the allies. Alot of anti-abortion supporters say they deserve what they get (horrible painful death), but I know plenty of people that had one when they were young and dumb, who wholly regret the decision and wouldn't make the same choice twice. Some are even awsome moms these days to the kids they have.
Also, sometimes it's a high risk pregnancy. lets say they told you as a young child your chances of getting pregnant are slim, and if somehow you did one of you is going to die. I had a friend die recently because she didn't take this threat serious, and the baby almost died due to post mortem delivery. Sometimes people have good reasons.
If someone is raped, how could you possibly look your child in the face and not relive what happened? This isn't fair on the child either, and (unlike the fetus) can feel the hate. Which would turn his/her existence into something self-loathing. Adoption is an option but the child will ask, and they do deserve the story, so self loathing would still be an issue.
You're going to get flamed, good luck. Your point was valid, no one tells me what to do with my body (though I still wouldn't chose this particular choice)

edit on 10-11-2011 by PutAQuarterIn because: add

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Are you also against the woman having an abortion if she gets raped by a family member/complete stranger?

It's still a life.

If you're against abortion then that means that the woman should be forced to have the baby, all because your 1000+ year old book says it's an "evil" thing to do.

I'm not religious at all but I'm pretty sure they oppose abortion not because it says it in a book but because it feels wrong to take a human life.

It's a shame how religion still has a choke hold on social issues, especially in America. European countries are light years ahead of us when it comes to gay unions/marriage/abortion etc..Why? Because they have managed to set themselves free from the teachings of an ancient book that was based on nothing more than superstitions that are considered stupid and foolish by the majority of the scientific community.

I'm pretty sure in this case it has little to do with religion, and a lot to do with morality.

You should stop making others feel guilty because of their personal decisions, at the end of your day it's THEIR life and not yours

Except it's not their life at risk, it's the OTHER human beings.

you don't know the situation they are in. Some of them don't like the idea of giving up the baby for adoption and they shouldn't be forced into anything because of the stupid beliefs that are still prominent amongst some.

So other peoples ideas are stupid, but a woman who wants to take a life just because they don't like the idea is totally rational?

Nearly all abortions take place in the first trimester, when the fetus cannot exist independent of the mother. As it is attached by the placenta and umbilical cord, its health is dependent on her health, and cannot be regarded as a separate entity or as a "person".

It's still a mind and a body.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

Sometimes during pregnancy the mother runs into difficulties and sometimes her own life is at risk due to it, so why shouldn't they have the choice to get an abortion performed? This applies to rape victims as well. Women should have a choice and they should not be forced into anything.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackStar99

How can it be considered a life when it's dependent on the mother for everything? It cannot exist independent of the mother, and everything depends on her health. It's a fetus.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
If the woman is attacked in any shape or form and ends up pregnant because of this then an abortion is justified but if the woman gets pregnant through cheating or putting herself about alot then she should be made to keep the child as its her own fault she got pregnant.

I would prefer a woman having an abortion after a rape or assault than her keeping the child and end up killing it or hurting it in the future because of the conseption.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

its incredible what fetuses can do

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Dear muse7,

Are you really pro-abortion? Are you really in favor of killing fetuses as a form of birth control? How is this better than abstinence or using a condom? Maybe we should not use condoms at all and get pregnant as often as we can so that we can have even more abortions. Is your motto, "kill more, kill more" or should you be talking about how to prevent having babies without killing a living soul?

You said

What an argument you have put forth, will you limit your justification to that or will you allow rare and random instances to justify killing a baby as it is being born because of it's sex. You like extremes, answer mine.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

How can it be considered a life when it's dependent on the mother for everything? It cannot exist independent of the mother, and everything depends on her health. It's a fetus.

How is that different from a 1 year old child who can't walk or find food and water on its own. Is a life not a life until it's not dependant on another life?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

If by "pro-abortion" you mean pro-choice then yes, I am. I believe Women should have the choice of an abortion. Like I said in my OP, you don't know the situation the mother or the family is in. The mother's life could be at risk by having the baby, or maybe she was a rape victim, or maybe they thought they could support the baby and things went south for them. You don't know.

So I don't think they should be forced to have the baby just because you think it's "wrong" to abort a fetus that is still depending on the mother for everything.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackStar99

How is that different from a 1 year old child who can't walk or find food and water on its own. Is a life not a life until it's not dependant on another life?

Are you seriously comparing a 1 year old child to a fetus that is still in the first trimester?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
i suggest that it be mandatory for anyone who claims to be anti-abortion that they must adopt a child.

If you're not willing to adopt a child then shut the hell up and mind your own business.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7Are you also against the woman having an abortion if she gets raped by a family member/complete stranger?

I think that if you rape someone and get them pregnant it should be treated much more seriously than 'rape' without impregnation. That's one thing.

And no, I feel this is a time the woman should have a right to choice, given that she didn't have the choice for getting pregnant.

Furthermore, if legislature ever passed that 'required' someone to have a child that was a direct consequence from getting raped, that state should also heavily compensate the woman for all of the extra trouble the woman has to pay for - of course, upon a conviction that the pregnancy was in fact a consequence of the rape.

All-in-all, it's a sh**ty situation, however you want to spin it. There are no winners here.
edit on 11/10/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackStar99

Are you seriously comparing a 1 year old child to a fetus that is still in the first trimester?

Yes I am? So what's the difference? A fetus needs food, water, and protection in the womb so it can develop. A 1 year old needs someone to provide food, water, and protection to develop.
edit on 10-11-2011 by BlackStar99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Dear muse7,

I meant exactly what I asked, if you wish to enlighten us respond to the question in the order I asked them.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew
i suggest that it be mandatory for anyone who claims to be anti-abortion that they must adopt a child.

If you're not willing to adopt a child then shut the hell up and mind your own business.

So by your logic maybe it should be mandatory for pro choicers to go shoot a child.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I suggest no one else replies because this is an obvious troll thread. The contents here have been discussed and argued ad nauseum in many other threads.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

I answered your question

and please stop putting words in my mouth. I'm not going to keep repeating everything when it's clear that you can't comprehend what the difference is between a fetus in the first trimester and a living human child.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

im with the OP

i seriously think that people who bother themselves fighting against such topics are just losers who have no life. not just abortion but all decisions are up to the individual and unless that decision directly effects someone else, it should be no one elses business.

sure, your religion may believe a certain thing and thats fine, but dont try to push that on to everyone else.

i don't think anyone has the right to 'defend the defenseless' unless they are also willing to defend all of the other forms of animals on earth that are being killed in massive numbers.

it all seems so ridiculous to me. i cant even comprehend the crazy thoughts behind seeing something that has nothing to do with me and affects me in no way and then going out and wanting to fight against it. everyone just wants to feel like they have some purpose and they want to fit in and be a part of something bigger, and thats fine, i get that people are weak and afraid of leading a meaningless life, but seriously dont bother me, worry about your own situation

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

So by your logic maybe it should be mandatory for pro choicers to go shoot a child.

No it should be mandatory that people make their own decisions on this issue.

And not be forced to follow the hypocritical opinion of a bunch of religious fanatics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join