It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what a police state looks like...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Then it will escalate..................hurt or kill a few police and it will escalate and if it gets too violent with too many regular citizens fighting back, you're looking at the possibility of the national guard, the military and marshal law being declared.

Again, at this point, there is no country much less the citizens of The United States of America that can match the fire power of our military should they become involved by Presidential Order.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I noticed that the 3 members who expressed their negativity towards OWS movement all registered on the same day the thread was created. Something smells fishy here.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
That one cop that kept jabbing his baton, he wasn't even using it properly. He kept trying to double them over by hitting them in the stomach, and when they leaned forward, he deliberately kept trying to jab them in the face. Towards the mouth, the eyes.

It's too bad we don't live in a world where vigilantes will pull people like this into a dark alley, or the back of a van, so they're never seen again. Oh wait... we do live in a world like that. Carry on.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
Heres a 6 minute video of the same event, from a different view...

What the hell?!?!?!?!

I like that lady at the end...

DO SOMETHING ELSE WITH YOUR LIFE
edit on 10-11-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

OMG ..WTF IS this ?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Absolutely stunning that police brutality is accepted yet if one of the protesters had physically defended his/herself it would have been called "assaulting a police officer".

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlv70
Sometimes I can't help but wonder if there are two different species roaming around this planet who happen to look the same on a superficial level.
I don't understand how you could beat someone else's daughter with a nightstick and then go home at the end of the day to your own kids.
What is going on in their minds that allows them to do these things and then live with their selves afterwards?

as I've stated before multiple times, these are NOT standard cops there's totally not enough cops to spread out btwn riots, traffic & 911 calls...doubt they're even reserve, there's a black budget which keeps this type of **** on reserve for these specific events..

and hot boiling water from above might get their attention and take a blow horn and shout .. "if you do that again, death from above will happen again .. " and stand there with a 25gal of hot boiling water.. and 1000 students at the ready..

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Ftp, I have no idea how those people showed restraint. I was physically attacked a few times at college. I blacked out each time and disabled my attackers.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The funny thing is that Obama is planning to attack Iran aside all his problems in US.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by flickster
reply to post by sdcigarpig

they were told they could stay as long as they did not pitch tents. they started putting tents up and the police were sent to stop them.
people from the occupy oakland debaucle had recently joined them and may have been spurring on what could have been a peaceful protest. protest of what i dont know yet.

There are leftist agitators as professional protesters. They have been in Greece, Egypt, and G20 Summit, and they probably moved from NY to Cali, and now that's where we are starting to see the violence. NY has calmed down some, now that their camp is established, and all we see now is Stds, rats, trash, and a bit of ongoing crimes(oh yes and lice).

This sounds about right.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

How right you are.

And that is why the police are also now trying to shut down anyone filming them assaulting a protester.

I hate violence, why can't everyone just play nice and share.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
A commitment to non-violent action supports the state and has gained nothing. I will allow Derrick Jensen and Peter Gelderloos (and others) to explain. Please skip to the 50:00 mark in the following video:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 10-11-2011 by OrchusGhule because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2011 by OrchusGhule because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IndigoValor

no need to join the army to fight over seas when theres a fight right here, the students never even fought back though i wish they all would have and not physically fighting back when being attacked is the definition of a peaceful protest. lovely to see how one idiot can hit people (even possibly pregnant women) in the stomach and have followers who probably don't agree with this loose cannon join in on the stomach gouging. So pathetic, mind controlled puppets.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spotless
I noticed that the 3 members who expressed their negativity towards OWS movement all registered on the same day the thread was created. Something smells fishy here.

It is obviously a conspiracy. No one could possibly have a different opinion than OWS right? Right?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Obviously, and unfortunately, when it comes to reality you are correct. And yeah, If I had been there, I'd be in a world of hurt. (I think I said that anyway) but I just can't picture people taking that abuse. Makes one's blood boil.

I wasn't saying they should, just saying it's my opinion. Perhaps i was born a century too late LOL. But My upbringing (including my retired Army Father) says never let a scumbag mess with you. So yeah, I'm biased on it lol.

I personally don't care what they protested about (it could literally be flies in their honey) Cops NEVER need to use that kind of violence on an unarmed person. Perhaps THEY need to go back to PreSchool? My son was taught just last year..."Don't hit when you don't like something, use your words" Shame these ogre thugs can't do that. All they seem to do is shout orders (at their ultimate employers) and swing. Shameful and disgusting. Not that I'd wish it on anyone, but if that gir were pregnant, i hope she sues the F@ck outta them jerks.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
That's because American men are neutered or sociopathic. There are people protesting in support of Joe Paterno, a man who covered for a child rapist. What the hell?

A nation of cowards on both sides, I am repulsed.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderjack
There are people protesting in support of Joe Paterno, a man who covered for a child rapist. What the hell?

Those people are being violent and vandalizing over the loss of their beloved coach. They're so so far removed from reality, they're upset over football. I'm thinking they have no idea what has happened to their country. I think that if they were told, they would stop listening, as it's not as interesting as people shoving each other on a field. Welcome to Rome.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

When you mention slave labour you are actually talking about the malfunctioning of the system itself and not state terror, let that be clear.

Sure, we are all being spied upon and it is disgusting and worrisome. But it's not a police state (yet). In a police state this thread would not even be allowed.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EddieBee

So you're saying, and correct me if I'm wrong, that people shouldn't gather to have their concerns addressed? ...and that peaceably assembling to do so gets them assaulted by police they had it coming? Really?

Now I think the OWS movement is misdirected, but they have the inalienable right to assemble in public to attempt to have their issues made known to those in office otherwise ignoring their wishes.

Those same authorities do not have the right to do this. The gathering was, so far as I know, peaceful, if loud.

Those thugs, I won't dignify them by calling them police, and their lords and masters need to answer for this.

...and no, I'm not calling for an armed insurrection. The issues can be redressed by the system. But only if... But only if, American citizens are willing to put forth the effort. That means being loud, being there every single damned day asking for justice. You can not, must not, allow the officials to think, even for a moment, that this is going to go away.

Vote. Run for office. Go to these gatherings, both OWS and Tea Party. Write letters. Send E-mails. Make sure that these people know we're here and that we're not going away. Make your voices heard, but don't lose focus.

You can not let intimidation stop you. But you can not strike back in a violent fashion, that only plays into their hands. Keep it peaceful, and loud.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by IndigoValor

This makes me sooooooooo angry! Where's my chill pills!? Or something smokey...

Seriously, if I were there at that point one of those cops would have a broken neck!

Mother^&$%#$s!

Khar

edit on 10-11-2011 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Ridiculous. Peaceful INaction plays right into their hands. What has been changed since OWS movement began? Not a damned thing. Not one. So go ahead, keep writing your representative who don't give a f**k. Keep yelling and waving signs at people who don't give a f**k. You will gain nothing.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join