It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what a police state looks like...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by IndigoValor

haha! A police state!

While I agree that this is a rather disgusting sight, I can assure you America is not a police state. In fact I think it is the only nation in this world that has not experienced any such state oppression. Of course this can ascribed to the fact that it's such a young nation, but still. Italy had the fascists, Holland had the German occupation, Russia had Stalin, China had Mao, Indonesia had Soeharto and so forth. But America has in that sense remained a free country, and still is. More or less...

edit on 10-11-2011 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Everybody s+f this we need others to see what happens when you fight for the American dream. U get beat up by OUR Protectors.
I'm pretty sure that beating students is not what they r payed with our tax money for.

This needs to go viral or sent to the police station or news station.

Not like msm would play something like this. They make ows supporters look like scum. When in fact they are the only ones with big enough balls to do so.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Do you know that the children in North Korea thinks Japan makes all the Disney movie? They have no idea they are American made.

Now that is a police state. An officer with a baton isn't.

That would be the Orwell's Totalitarian State with arm of disinfo.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by otie1

does anyone know where to find the whole video on this?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nick112
There's something about this video that isn't right. It doesn't sit well in my gut. Something seems...weird.

I haven't slept yet. I watched this clip once, and it literally caused me to spend the entire night sobbing in my girlfriend's arms and trying to put my finger on what it was that bothered me so much. It's not the fact that the police are beating up the protestors; this is something we've seen before. There's something much more dark--much more black--than anything I've seen before this.

This video really, really disturbs me. It seems...manufactured.

I feel what you mean. When I first watched the clip...I seriously thought I heard someone yell action and it was a scene being shot for an indie film. Not untill 1 min into the clip did I really notice the batons actually inflicting pain. It was then a sense of 'whoa' came over me.

I am not saying the video is fake, just agreeing with nick112 that something seemed off/ dark about that situation. So much going on these days...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by flickster
reply to post by B1ayneO

actually that was a joke.
ignorance is refusing to look at what led up to this incident and to take that video clip at face value.

What led up to the video was a group of people refusing to cease their right to peacefully protest. The act of trying to stop the protest at all was against the law, the use of violence to do so... well...
You ever hear the phrase "do not fire unless fired upon"?
There is ZERO reason why these cops should've resorted to violence. None.
Personally I'd have the cops' badges. Then maybe when they're collecting their sh!tty checks every week to support their families, unable to find a new job, they'll understand at last who these protesters really are, and what they're fighting for, instead of blindly following orders and abusing their power, because it it in fact THEY who are the ignorant ones.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RightWingAvenger

Thats what our troops are fighting for...God Bless America

They are fighting to overthrow authoritarian dictators .... wait, wait that's not it .... they are fighting terrorists .... wait that's not it either. Oh I know why they are fighting ...it's to find weapons of mass destruction ... no that's not it either.

Here this must be it

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

The day will come...
Either we kill one of them, in which, the police will get complete backing from thereon.

Or

They kill one of us, and we step a few steps higher, and the power is more in our hands than ever.

For the minute they take an obviously innocent person, the people will be rudely awakened.

Or at least its what I hope for. I am ready to sacrifice everything we have, on the simple fact- we don't deserve it. Spare me your BS about working hard made you successful, I know people who have been royally screwed and not because of anything they did, just because of government policy.

Until we realize we are lying to ourselves, we will support the puppets.

And at this point, violence is starting to seem like the simple solution.

People can't just keep going to these places and get their ass kicked for stating their rights, its dumb, and these officers. I like bacon well done.

PUHHH

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Garkiniss

were they peacefully protesting on private or public property? I honestly don't know. If its on public property they do have the right to peaceably protest. on private i dont think so.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Its time to be realistic about the situation we are in. Meaning... protests will continue to get more and more violent. Whether its mob mentality, provocateurs, or orders from the police departments. In turn, people/protesters need to be prepared as much as possible just as these 'peace officers' are... people/protesters need to wear as much protective gear as possible knowing that they could be a victim of this violence that is sure to increase in scope. Whether make-shift or store bought, PROTECT YOURSELVES when on the streets!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Definition of irony?
Upon clicking on the video start button, it says "This portion of ABC 7 news brought to you by CHASE bank".

All of this mainstream media reporting, are the walls really closing in on the PTB or do they have us right where they want us?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
reply to post by TheMatrixusesYou

Ah, but that is the question at hand, what if the protestors were trespassing, would it make a difference, or were asked to leave or given fair warning?

Most police are issued a uniform, as part of that uniform are equipment to do their job, weapons go with the territory. If the protestors were trespassing or had been told to leave and then chose not to, well then it is a different story. What if was at your house, all of those protestors on your front lawn chanting, would you have wanted the police to be nice about evicting them or would you just want them gone? Was there any blocking of the entrances and exits?

There are too many questions to make a judgment about this.

I understand. Part of my argument can be illustrated by asking you if have you thought about where the power really lies. Does it lie with the general public? or the police? In my slightly younger years, I looked at them like parents and I had to defer to everything they said. Now as I got a bit older realize that they are not my parents and I see things that make no sense.

I'm not doing anything wrong and I get pulled over for suspicion of stealing property when it was my own. I've been frisked in a laundry mat because a black woman thought she recognized someone she hated. I was pulled over for my tag light being out. My Dad, a cop, used to come home talking about all the scum he arrests. He would say as he was about to leave for work, "They better watch out for me today. I'm in a bad mood." He bragged one time saying he wrote the record amount of tickets that month and was rewarded for it. They cheat on each other. Dad slept with countless women while married to Mom. Mom slept with Dad's boss. Dad used to beat Mom for her cheating at the same time he was cheating.

Moral of the story is to rethink your position on where the power lies. Cops only have the power we give them and it's only that suit they wear. You put a weapon in someone's hand and they feel all powerful. Not all but some.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PunchingBag80

You said,

As much as I dread the idea of another war. I think a war needs to be waged against the ruthless cops that refuse to make peace.

Then you along with many others are ripe for the picking.
"They" have you right where they want you, angry enough to start warring with your Brother.
The police are not our true enemy, it is the people behind the scenes, the ones directing the officers bosses.
But as they are behind the scenes, we do not know exactly who they are.
I'm pretty sure they'd be pretty rich though.
If only we could find the root problem and ...uproot it.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Well, well, well, it appears that the cops are itching for something to do that particular afternoon. I really like the " Authoritarian" type of power they exude upon the helpless demonstrators around. Perhaps this is why the ate their veggies when they were young. Perhaps their mothers should have eaten them. 350 million sperm and just a few bad apples get by and are the POWER. Their reactions are nothing more than what they have been trained to do. God save the remains of what there are (left), no pun intended, of our great nation.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Unfortunately, the moment you meet violence with violence (something the opposition is trained for and relish any excuse to use it in return very excessively) you lose the moral high-ground and make yourself just as bad as them.
What the protestors should do is turn the other cheek.
I seem to remember a university campus in the 60's being the location of an event where the police opened fire with automatic weapons killing a number of un-armed people, needlessly.
If anything the morality and sense of restraint has gone down hill since then, the moment OWS becomes anything like civil aggression, the P.I.G.S (preferentially idiomatic government servant) get to play the game their way.
They are having a great deal of trouble suppressing their violent tendencies, i saw at around the 30 second mark the officer in the very bottom left go to place the baton over the head of the protestor to potentially use it as a garotte to choke him with, The protestor was lucky that the officer thought twice about it, probably something to do with reasonable force.
I have difficulty seeing what was reasonable about any of the force they were using.

The crowd should be finding ways to humanise themselves in the officers awareness, their training is designed to make them approach the protestors as combatants, i have seen first hand police putting on riot gear and hitting each other to psyche themselves up.
This is how the Police prepare for dealing with confrontation, and this is exactly what the protestors are providing, nourishment for a sick mindset.

The protestors should be finding ways to diffuse the aggression between them and the police, the police don't seem to realise that they are these peoples, brothers, sisters, children, parents, and the rights they are standing up for will benefit everyone not just themselves.

You shouldn't be calling for violence from the comfort of your sofa, If you want to see it go yourself, stand on the front line and throw the first punch and witness the reaction first hand.

I'ts nice to see what a 32degree freemason wants, violent chaos, why is that?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
if this happened in my county there would be a whole lot of dead cops tbh they would all be hosed down the police stations set on fire and yeah...from there its a whole lot of pissed off rednecks taking out all authority figures.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

The police attacked without apparent provocation.

"apparent" is the operative word here. Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning this blatant brutality. But we don't know what the "provocation" was. I'm almost certain it wasn't enough to warrant this level of response. But we don't know.

The people responded by pulling the injured to safety and shielding them. It's infuriating, but the people handled it just as they should have. Non-violent resistance

Exactly right. When a situation has escalated to this extent, this is what should have been done. Protect and rescue them. Non-violence, unless you are willing to go to the wall with a total commitment to armed revolution, is the only answer you've got.

Just remember this. Not all police are like this. Not even the majority. Regardless of what these videos attempt to imply.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
TPTW must be afraid...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by flickster

I am not totally sure if it is public or private.
I am many miles north so berkely is not a town I frequent, it's too much like Davis.

I have heard it is a part of the UC campus so....
Whether that is either or.
I still do not know.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I don't know what happened before hand to lead up to that, and I do not condone what the police did. However, it does show that they used some restraint because if they really wanted to hurt the protestors, I guarantee they would have been giving more than those little "love taps". I don't think they would have been able to stand up if they went full force.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join