It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what a police state looks like...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Not once during this whole thing have I thought about violent reaction and protests, I can't say what I was thinking as I watched that video, I don't know where this is heading but should the police continue to act like that, it's not hard to imagine....... People have been pushed far enough in every way in the country the last few years, many have nothing left to lose. Scary times.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
what is the government doing about this police brutality? i know they will probably do nothing, but if they go to marshall law it'll be time to fight! never wanted it to come to this though.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by IndigoValor

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
There are a lot of folks here on ATS who do not agree with these hippies views and the OWS movement.
If these folks were not there this would not have happened, maybe they should have stayed behind their keyboards and expressed their anger that way.
/end of the extreme sarcasm.
Has anon figured out who this cop was yet?
We the people will need a name on the IA report.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Yeah it looks to be getting pretty out of hand over there. Here's another good video

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I really hope those poor people who got attacked come across this video, and somehow use it as evidence of police brutality in the courts.

All the cops who started hitting people should be jailed for grevious bodily harm. Quite funny almost, that its supposed to be a free-country, however it seems that speaking a free-voice is an act of provocation to these "police".

I really don't think un-provoked chanting deserves a physical beating.

I can see in a few years time, children won't be thinking "wow i want to protect my fellow citizens by being a cop" as they have done in the past... these kinds of police make a mockery of the legal system and think they are above the law. I can see kids looking down on police in the same respect to criminals.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Sorry but WHAT THE *BLEEP*???? OMG! That is an outrage! That just really ticks me off. What an abuse of power....

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
The police need to be charged, i counted several kidney shots, some of those people could have died within hours if they had ruptured a kidney, really dangerous, and the police KNOW they are NOT alowed to strike that area with a baton regardless if it just a "push back", thats serious assault, GBH.

the protestors need to get there own batons and maybe some shields.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I guess we've seen these images from just about all over the world first, now we are seeing TPTB's use of police to crush any kind of social uprisingm, peaceful or otherwise in our own country. The tactics always seem to be the same.

Send in heavily armed and armoured "troops", wait until the crowd gets restless, then respond with force against an unprotected mob. If you keep sticking the pig (an expression and in this case refers to the mob) it will squeal and it will bleed. And yes, violence against women. Bravo! Whack her in the belly one more time for good measure. Go on! You know you want to!

ETA: I think the next mass gathering should have only babies, children, little old ladies, and the bed-ridden in it. Capture the whole thing on good quality cameras when they start firing the tear gas, flash bangs and rubber ammo and get it on every TV channel on the planet.
edit on 10/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by IndigoValor

I judge situations from the perspective of sitting on my couch watching a you-tube video. What's really happening, is it as bad as it seems? How can I know.. I just have to judge by watching the reactions of people.

Since these people seemed to not mind, and just stood there like idiots, I can only assume they approved of the police actions against them.. I'm a little tired of feeling bad for every idiot that gets poked with a stick by the police .. when people start fighting back I'll start paying attention again.

The moment you resist or fight back, as justified as it may be, the thugs wearing police officer costumes will band together, fabricate some story saying that you instigated the situation, claim that you assaulted them, they had to resort to self defense, their response was proportionate and restrained, you resisted arrested, you interfered with their official duties, and you committed felony assault against them. The crime of assault against a cop is more serious than the crime of assault against you or me.

So, yeah, Rockpuck, go ahead and criticize them for being smart enough not to expose themselves to that greater and far more consequential danger. They were protesting peacefully. They remained peaceful. They didn't give the cops the excuse they were hoping to get to start bashing people's skulls with their batons and arresting them on fabricated criminal charges.

Ever hear of Ghandi? Peaceful protest worked pretty well in India against the British.

Don't get me wrong. When I see or hear something like that I also want the assaulted peaceful persons to give the bullies a well-deserved lesson in reverse brutality. But, as mature adults, we exercise impulse control and don't do that regardless of how good we know it will feel and how deep and lasting would be the satisfaction of visiting some nitty gritty street justice upon those knuckleheads.

There's plainly something wrong within that police department if they haven't disciplined those cops yet. Sensitivity training won't cut it. There has to be. These cops on the street would not do that if there wasn't some unspoken policy allowing or encouraging them to do it. If that department had any integrity it would have immediately started disciplinary proceedings against the guilty cops and let the world know that it is disciplining them. Frankly, they should be immediately fired. They aren't mentally or morally fit to serve as police officers. They're the kind that give all the good decent honest police officers a bad name.
edit on 11/10/2011 by dubiousone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Its easy to make an assumption based on this footage. However, having viewed plenty of footage that the media shows and then footage that has been left out, it often does not give a true reflection of events. I'd like to know a few things. What was behind the Police line? Had the Police said anything to the protesters prior to attacking? Is this where the protesters were originally protesting or did they head to that point? There were shouts to move forward and you can clearly see protesters pushing the crowd forward. I would just like all the facts before jumping on the hate Police bandwagon.

If you guys think this is a Police state, you must be joking, thats Heaven compared to what a Police state truly is!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
There's something about this video that isn't right. It doesn't sit well in my gut. Something seems...weird.

I haven't slept yet. I watched this clip once, and it literally caused me to spend the entire night sobbing in my girlfriend's arms and trying to put my finger on what it was that bothered me so much. It's not the fact that the police are beating up the protestors; this is something we've seen before. There's something much more dark--much more black--than anything I've seen before this.

This video really, really disturbs me. It seems...manufactured.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Just go carry around a water bottle and a lighter, they will leave you alone

This sickens me, but it also gives me hope. This is exactly what happens before the #F and everything begins to change. I just pray it is nonviolent, though in all reality I am preparing for the worst.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
They are nothing more than hired thugs who relish beating down on unprotected and physically weak people. The police force or army attracts these types because they can get away with such behaviour without the threat of going to jail. This is more an example of bullying tactics than a police state, in a real police state those protesters would have been machine gunned. While I condemn the actions of the police in the video, I find it far fetched to describe the U.S as a police state.

This is what a real police state looks like.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
well as most of you know i am a firm defender of the police. however in this one I dont see any reason for the strikes. what they should have done is just stood there and let them yell whatever. from what the video shows it lookes like the guy just got tired of it. now as far as the rest of the people saying fight back; WRONG. do not. once you escalate the police WILL escalte to a level above yours. and if another cops looks over and sees his fellow officer getting beat he will do whatever is neccessary to stop it up to and including killing you. and even if you are 100% in the right you are still dead and the second cop (who just saw his fellow officer getting beat and didnt see him starting it) will be in the right as he is acting in good faith. back off, record, follow the law to make it right. its what the law is there for. and while im on it, the one who says you NEVER hit a woman is also WRONG. i have never hit a woman outside my job in my life and can not stand a wife beater. however there have been several times in my career that i have been attacked by a woman and had to fight her as a man to stop her. hell some of those i even almost lost! there are some big women out there! i dont know why everytime someone says a guy hit a woman the first image that pops into your head is a 90lb little fragile woman. you shoudl see some of the ghetto women here. there are several here that most mewn wont fight. statistically speaking in about 85% of our domestic violence cases here the woman is the aggressor. i blame this on the fact that society generally thinks that the women can do no wrong and even if the women hit you first and are continuosly fighting you you have to leave. this is just wrong thinking and in 99% of the cases here the woman is actually at fault and who i usually wind up bringing to jail.

sorry went off on a tangent there and most of that last part doesnt apply to the video but just there for general knowledge.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
AHHHHHHHGGHH @#$*@$*&@#($#$!!!!!!!!!! That's how I feel about it.
It sickens me.

Who are these people? The cops I mean. Are they real? I can't imagine these guys going home at the end of the day to a house and a family I really can't. All I can picture is that they're clones or brainwashed drones raised from birth to serve TPTB, as crazy as that sounds lol, I think it's their helmets.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Did you see the guy looking around before he struck?

I do wonder if they will stop the violence or will continue and insight it? It really won’t be long until we start to see bullets flying. The real question is who will fire first! Once you have a blood bath heads will roll, just ask the French.

edit on 10-11-2011 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
That student in the bottom left of the video was getting battered from 2-3 different cops?
They were jabbing women in the chest and stomach.... and for what? Standing still and chanting.

Shame.

This kind of treatment by police is Rife in the UK now and seems like the US too.... what are the people going to do about it?

The protests yesterday in the UK, student protests, were entirely surrounded by police, boxed in.... they also broke up and arrested some people for trying to set up camp in Trafalgar Square, London.

There were 2 people in particular who just kept shouting "This is what democracy looks like" as they were handcuffed and arrested and dragged away.

Here is some footage.

edit on 10/11/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sempul

If you cannot control your officers then send them home! This is a little different from what you are used to. If you allow a peaceful protest to be en-sighted to a blood bath then you invite open revolt and these tens of thousands may seek an open war upon authorities.

Lest you forget the masses are better armed and you are outnumbered a million to one. You are here to serve, please do not forget it!

People will have justice with or without the rule of law. You must really remember this and take it to heart. The minute you overstep your authority you invite mob justice, and sir the mob would be justified. If even a single officer ever fired into the crowd and killed a few protestors it could well result in the end of your dear republic. Just ask the French!

edit on 10-11-2011 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I think it was Gerald Celente who said, "when people lose everything, they lose it". I don't think people are going to do anything about it until things get worse. The thing about fighting back is it's no good unless everyone fights back, if just some people fight back they'll just get arrested and assult against a police officer isn't taken lightly.

The economic situation and poverty levels are going to have to get worse before people will fight back, that's why the protests have done so well in the poorer countries, but not much has happened in the richer countries.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join