It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what a police state looks like...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy

I say when crap hits the fan, ask yourself this how many Americans live in a at one given time? how many police is there actually to up hold police? sure they call in enforcements, but millions in a city, come on stand up, and say your sick of it raise as one and they'll say holy crap we messed up lol

They'll just carpet bomb the masses in the streets and use nerve gas on the crowds

Remember you are dealing with people that control WMD's here

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Are they on private or public property?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Are they on private or public property?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

Originally posted by pyrael

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
Why dont they get mad and storm the front line, the police wouldnt stand a chance!

Because the police have radios and guns and no matter how you try, you cannot beat the radio.

What good are your guns and radios when thousands swarm you and take them from you?

Let's see, Cops on site....check. Surveillance Cameras...check. Everyone has a radio (Including dispatch watching the cameras)....check. Helicopter fueled and on standby....check.

Yeah, taker their guns and radios. The dispatcher won't notice, the helicopters wont fly. the tear gas, smoke grenades and REAL assault type thugs wont be called in. And after that doesn't work they wont call in the National guard. No. Not at all.

As soon as they rushed the cops and took weapons, under the PATRIOT act, they would be deemed Domestic Terrorists and would finish out their college careers in gitmo.

Sounds like a plan! Carry on!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrchusGhule

I find it fascinating that you will never hear a pro-non-violence protester talk about the labor rebellions in the late 1800's. Why? Because those rebellions WERE violent, and THEY WORKED to bring real change.

The Baltimore bank riot was instigated by the same thing that we see now.
By the time that it was over the bankers 'knew' what they did was out of line and that there are consequences for harming others.
The bankers should have lost their case against the police though.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
what i dont get why everyone is so suprised when the brotherhood of the badge commits another crime....

do you really expect this gang to have any sort of legal supervision?

or care about who you are or how you feel?

no.

its not police brutality that bothers me anymore, its the consistant stepping down by the public to stand up to what is wrong.

in most of the police brutality videos posted here, the pigs are always way out numbered, but are totally getting away with hurting our friends and family. WE let them get away with what ever they want by not doing anything.

just remember if you non violently protest, they will always strike first.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by flickster
i so want to be a cop now. beating up on stinking hippies looks fun.

i'd forget about being a cop [ though i'm sure you'd make, sergeant real fast] cause if you did that in my face well...

and real hippies went to protests toting water guns
filled with '___' and DMSO-4

times have changed, we've got Super Squirters and high capacity water guns now. MMMMMM...
Teaching the Superman is always fun

hope you like doing the dog when you get shpritzed

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by flickster

"The individuals who linked arms and actively resisted, that in itself is an act of violence," UC police Capt. Margo Bennett said. "I understand that many students may not think that, but linking arms in a human chain when ordered to step aside is not a nonviolent protest."

from this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
linking arms is now considered violence by some

LOL any excuse/BS to let the beast within, out and bully pthers

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1
The local police department have released the names of the offending officers, right?
No. Of course not. That would be too easy. That would be admitting to being thugs and bought mercenaries.
There was nothing threatening in the behavior of the crowd. The cop simply wanted to pick a fight, or hurt someone in the comfort of the companionship of his fellow thugs.

That's a cowardly thug. That's not an officer of the law. I hold you in absolute contempt and consider you the worst of humanity. You are what is wrong with the world.

You coward.

I'm in complete agreement with you.

We will have our freedom back though.

The days of tyranny and injustice are nearly at an end now.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
reply to post by IndigoValor

Watch the protesters do completely nothing. Then a woman gets jabbed in by a baton...Seriously?

At 0:41 watch the policeman in the bottom left corner...

They are protecting a building, they were told to move several times and they didn't comply... Don't move? We'll help you move...

It's simple: listen and don't get hurt, don't listen and get hurt... Basic logic 101...

you got that wrong let me fix that

It's simple: obey and don't get hurt, don't obey and get hurt... Basic sheeple-logic 101...

Disobedience is the highest of virtues

i myself could exterminate 20 armed thugs with a pair of Kodachis before their guns could clear their holsters

and that 20 ft rule?
you'd need at least 70 ft against me

not everybody is has been drugged, poisoned and brainwashed into submission,
expect us

and call it whatever you like, on "the killing ground" your opinions are worthless

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Something isn't right in this video. I can't put my finger on it, but there's just something wrong here. I mean besides the obvious.

At the beginning, home boy who starts the beating is looking around and it seems like waiting for orders. There's a cat right there behind them in a white uniform. Old boy looks back to him then goes for the kill.

Sure, it's obvious what's happening. He gets the order to go. But why? And I don't want to hear all this pissing and moaning about cops being above the law or just wanting to hurt people. There's something else that's not shown here.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
Things are going to happen when police officers are pushed to the limit. How come OWS doesn’t report all the brutality inflicted to the officers by the protesters? How about the rocks and bottles? Where are those videos? It’s only when a protester gets hurt, that all hell breaks loose.

But don’t fret; we have people (like this guy in the following video) who will put the police in their place if anything should happen. I feel much safer now…

lol no need for him to go anywhere

oakland can do it on their own

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
Your Rights as a U.S. Citizen Against Unlawful Arrest ..........

“Citizens may resist Unlawful arrest to the point of taking an officer’s life if necessary.” Plummer v. State, 136 Ind. 306. This premise was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States in the case: John Bad Elk v. U.S., 177 U.S., 529. The court stated: “Where the officer is killed in the course of the disorder which naturally accompanies an attempted arrest that is resisted, the law looks with very different eyes upon the transaction, when the officer had the right to make the arrest, from what it does if the officer had no right. What may be murder in the first case might be nothing more than manslaughter in the other, or the facts might show that no offense was commited.”

“An arrest made with a defective warrant, or one issued without affidavit, or one that fails to allege a crime is within within jurisdiction, and one who is being arrested, may resist arrest and break away. If the arresting officer is killed by one who is so resisting, the killing will be no more than an involuntary manslaughter.” Housh V. People, 75 111. 491; reaffirmed and quoted in State v. Leach, 7 Conn. 452; State v. Gleason, 32 Kan. 245; Ballard v. State, 43 Ohio 349; State v. Spaulding, 34 Minn. 3621.

“When a person, being without fault, is in a place where he has a right to be, is violently assaulted, he may, without retreating, repel by force, and if, in the exercise of his right of self defense, his assailant is killed, he is justified.” Runyan v. State, 57 Ind. 80; Miller v. State, 74 Ind. 1.

“These principles apply as well to an officer attempting to make an arrest, who abuses his authority and transcends the bounds thereof by the use of unnecessary force and violence, as they do to a private individual who unlawfully uses such force and violence.” Jones v. State, 26 Tex. App. 1; Beaverts v. State, 4 Tex. App. 1 75; Skidmore v. State, 43 Tex. 93, 903.

“An illegal arrest is an assault and battery. The person so attempted to be restrained of his liberty has the same right to use force in defending himself as he would in repelling any other assault and battery.” State v. Robinson, 145 ME. 77, 72 ATL. 260.

“Each Person has the right to resist an unlawful arrest. In such a case, ther person attempting the arrest stands in the position of a wrongdoer and may be resisted by the use of force, as in self defense.” State v. Mobley, 240 N.C. 476, 83 S.E. 2d 100.

“One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910.

“The carrying of arms in a quiet, peaceable, and orderly manner, concealed on or about the person, is not a breach of the peace. Nor does such an act of itself, lead to a breach of the peace.”
Wharton’s Criminal and Civil Procedure, 12th Ed., Vol. 2: Judy v. Lashley, 5 W. Va. 628, 41 S.E. 197.

I am sure some Police Officers in this Country are Unaware about these Court Decisions when Overstepping their Authority . People who know the Law should Remind them about it from Time to Time for the sake of their Own Safety . The Woman in this Video was Intimidated by that Police Officer because she was just Not Aware of her Rights and Cow Downed to his Intimidation of her Ignorance . She should take this matter to a Lawyer Immediately and press charges against him IMO .

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
It doesn't shock me that I haven't seen this particular clip on any of the mainstream media here in Canada. Not only have I not seen this clip, I haven't heard a single word about police being violent witht he protesters.
However, recently in London, Ontario, the Occupy London protesters were quickly removed from a park. the lame-ass mayor Joe Fontana tried to explain that it wasn't about supressing Free Speech, (which doesn't exist in Canada anyways), but that it's about public safety. Ther protesters were amped in a public park. Similar to New York, Toronto, and elsewhere.
This is the beginning of a Police State. A North American Union. A NEW WORLD ORDER!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Sorry, I'm calling fake on this....it looks so staged and phony as to be laughable. Are they rehearsing for a sitcom or something? I've seen better acting on the street....

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
Maybe if people wouldn’t put themselves in a situation where they’re going to get hurt, than this problem wouldn’t have occurred in the first place. “Violence begets violence”. Stop provoking, intimidating, threatening, throwing rocks/bottles, etc., etc., etc., and problem solved!

When a protester hits an officer in the head with a bottle or rock, do you pull the officer to the side and shelter him/her when he/she is hurt? I cannot find the video, but there was one where an officer got hit with a projectile by a protester. Everyone in the crowd yelled….”yeah, take that bitch, hit him again, go cry to momma, what a baby, etc..

You will have some bad officers, but NOT all of them are bad! Of course when you are in danger or hurt, you will call 911 for assistance. Maybe the police need to stop helping people. You can’t have it both ways! Very hypocritical…

For all your talk of rocks and bottles, can you show me one student who threw a rock or bottle at these police officers?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by RightWingAvenger

Thats what our troops are fighting for...God Bless America

I wish people would quit spewing such vitriol about American troops.

That is most vehemently not what my troops are fighting for. I'm sorry for you if it is what your troops are fighting for.

The vast majority of my troops are fighting for their companions and their honor.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I have always been a man of peace, only fighting when there was no other resort. I have never started a fight in my life, although I have finished a few.

I have always felt that if an altercation came to physical violence then I had failed as a warrior and man of principles.

Seeing everything that is occurring with the Police Departments in so many places across the country is stretching my Zen to the breaking point. I find myself now in agreement with JibbyJedi and FugitiveSoul.

The time for peaceful protest is coming to an end. I still believe that we should not initiate violence, but when violence is used upon us it is time to respond in kind.

Snatch their batons from their hands and show them how it feels, overwhelm them with sheer force of numbers, grab their 'nonlethal' weapons and shot them with rubber bullets and teargas canisters.

It is time to show them that we will take no more. It is no longer the time to draw a line in the sand, they have already crossed it. The people of America are like the seas, show these stormtroopers the power of the waves.

Fight, take your pride and your freedoms back from those who have stolen them from you.

Don't let them keep stepping on you, show them we will no longer let them get away with this behavior.

The only Police that deserve your respect are the ones that fight alongside you, those are the only ones that follow their oaths and protect and serve the people.

We must take our country back or we will no longer have one.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
They were so asking for it. If these protesters werent there just to provoke the police into beating them then why are they there? What a joke, everytime police try to clean these places something like this happens, well what do you expect? This is police business, and it aint pretty. The warnings were given. You have right to assembly but not right to "occupy" people's city. If the police leaves them then it turns into a tent city, sorry but business and government own this space. Go to the countryside in the wild in a land owned by no one and protest there.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
hurts my heart to see

don't the cops get it..they are working for the 1%

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
of course they get it. The problem is that they took an oath. And that oath states they MUST follow the orders of their superiors. So they get stuck in a bad position. Lose their job from not following orders or follow the orders and look like J@ck@sses to the people. It's the higher ups that are the real problem. Not saying that the higher ups don't look for the cops with the least regard for citizens' rights (I'm sure most of the "special units" are very "special"), but it's logical to assume it. Honestly, I'd almost be willing to lay down a c-note that the majority of those "Very Special Units" are single, drunks, and were bullies in school. Probably the only way they could get on the force (cough) psych eval (cough)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join