It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Relationships Between The Nubians & Ancient Egyptians.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
The primordial mound is what the pyramid itself represents. Essentially a hill encompassed by 3 rings and on top of the hill a temple (probably a pyramid). Directly under the apex of the pyramid is an underground chamber (abzu) and in the centre of that chamber is a miniature pyramid which looks like a capstone (ben ben stone). The concentric rings are flooded by fresh water some of which came from a naturally heated spring.

I wrote a thread on Atlantis and personally believe it is off the west cost of Ireland, it is the place where the aos is come from, literally the people of the mound (síde)

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 24-11-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

would you be upset if atlantis was in western romania but the irish were pure real atlanteans?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Parta

Well I believe Atlantis is under water as we are told so don't believe it is above sea level. Once it went under water the Irish called it the land of the dead (ancestors) in the west. They say it is off the west cost of Ireland and extends northward.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Parta

Well I believe Atlantis is under water as we are told so don't believe it is above sea level. Once it went under water the Irish called it the land of the dead (ancestors) in the west. They say it is off the west cost of Ireland and extends northward.

when last we heard of atlantis it was an impassable shoal of mud wasn't it? water wasn't deep enough to navigate?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parta

reply to post by Parta

when last we heard of atlantis it was an impassable shoal of mud wasn't it? water wasn't deep enough to navigate?

Precisely what is theorized to be the conditions around Thera for a time after the eruption there.

Harte

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

reply to post by Parta

Precisely what is theorized to be the conditions around Thera for a time after the eruption there.

Harte

it was navigatable then it wasn't after a flood. the water was either going down or the land coming up. works for peru too but i know you know what they say okeanos potamos is. its the danube.

see a pic of the haunebut who had to build the circles of re here
googlebook amtuat

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
First you guys were saying Egyptians were black, than white, now you are trying to pull off a story how they are Atlanteans, please. I mean, anything is possible about Atlantis thing but that is a different topic now. And again I repeat myself Sphinx was definitely built by AE, you see the crown on it's head and other characteristics that resemble Egypt.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zander2533
First you guys were saying Egyptians were black, than white, now you are trying to pull off a story how they are Atlanteans, please. I mean, anything is possible about Atlantis thing but that is a different topic now. And again I repeat myself Sphinx was definitely built by AE, you see the crown on it's head and other characteristics that resemble Egypt.

Well as I’m sure you know the head of the sphinx’s was re-carved thousands of years after it was made so that observation is worth nothing!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Sphinx has always been present in Egyptian history, always.

Maybe Egyptians were always re-carving it depending on which pharaoh ruled...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

sounds bad but all it means [imo] is that along with asians and africans in egypt there were a few europeans and these europeans had skills and stories that electrified the locals.

they had their own version of the sphinx by 5000bc [their god wears a mask]

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Well as I’m sure you know the head of the sphinx’s was re-carved thousands of years after it was made so that observation is worth nothing!

While you might believe this, there's no way anybody can possibly know this.

There's simply no evidence for it.

Harte

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Parta

Don't know what you point at... But Sphinx is of AE creation, possibly.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Herodotus, Histories
“Herakles, driving the cattle of Geryones . . . Geryones lived west of the Pontos, settled in the island called by the Greeks Erytheia, on the shore of Okeanos near Gadeira, outside the pillars of Herakles.”

so gadiera and the pillars of hercules are on okeanos

Boy I'm not sure how things got so mixed around on this one. Someone needs to study some geography. Gadeira isn't really Spain though. That's a modern misinterpretation of Herodotus. I think the misinterpretation occurred sometime around the 1800s when the Brits were translating Herodotus into English.

No, "pelagos" is a term meaning the high seas, navigable, deep ocean waters.

Actually, Pelagos is an island in the Aegean Sea. One of the Sporades islands (aka Kyra Panagia) that used to be connected to Yioura (Gioura) at the LGM. Very important because the region was one of the first colonized by boat groups 10,500-9,500 B.C.E. So mariners with boats/ships on Pelagos go back over 12,000 years.

Leaving Pelagos...you pass the Pillars of Herakles on the island of Rhodes. They were destroyed in an earthquake. The story is not referring to the strait of Gilbraltor, but rather Rhodes' Pillars of Herakles. Which brings to the location of Erytheia, which in all legends and Historians is NEAR SICILY! Whether Homer, Herodotus, or any other version. Erytheia is an island near Sicily.

Hercules was sent to Erytheia to collect the cattle of Geryon for King Eurystheus of Mycenae... Hercules left the cattle in the custody of Hephaestus, the smith-god, who owned forges on nearby Sicily.

from Geryon: Hercules foe

Eryx too, who was reigning then in Sicily, plainly had so violent a desire for the cattle from Erytheia that he wrestled with Heracles, staking his kingdom on the match against these cattle. As Homer says in the Iliad,Hom. Il. 11.244
from Pausanias, Description of Greece, Laconia, chapter 36

When King Eryx was wrestling with Hercules for the red cattle on Erytheia, according to legend...

The story is that Heracles wrestled with Eryx on these terms: if Heracles won, the land of Eryx was to belong to him but if he were beaten, Eryx was to depart with the Eryx was to belong to him but if he were beaten, Eryx was to depart with the cows of Geryon (from Erytheia); for Heracles at the time was driving these away, and when they swam across to Sicily (from Erytheia) he too crossed over in search of them near the bent olive-tree.

from Pausanias, Description of Greece, Laconia, chapter 16

Another source referring to the location of the red cattle of Erytheia that Hercules was sent to collect.

...ran through the country, swam over to Sicily, and came to the lands of Eryx the son of Poseidon, who ruled over the Elymians. Eryx put the bull among his herds ; and Heracles, committing the care of his other cattle to Hephaestos, went in quest of the stray one. When he found him, he required Eryx to give him up ; but he refused, unless he would wrestle with him. Heracles accepted the challenge, and flinging him three times to the ground killed him. He then drove his cattle along the Ionian Sea.

from The Mythology of ancient Greece and Italy, p.360

Throughout history the story about Hercules, the red cattle of Erytheia and King Eryx have always used names for Sicilian islands and the island name Erytheia interchangeably. That's because Erytheia was an island off the coast of Sicily, grasslands, that sunk.

Pseudo-Apollodorus, Bibliotheca 1. 35 (trans. Aldrich) (Greek mythographer C2nd A.D.) :
"(The Gigante) Alkyoneus who drove away the cattle of Helios (the Sun) from Erytheia (the Red Isle)."
N.B. In the Odyssey, Helios' cattle are herded on the island of Thrinakia, not Erytheia.

from Theoi.com: Erytheia, the Red Island

Thrinakia was a sunken island off the coast of Sicily. And since Thrinakia is used in place of the word Erytheia, that means that Erytheia is also a sunken island off the coast of Sicily.

Herodotus, the historian, also uses Erytheia and terms for Sicily and nearby islands interchangeably.

Sunken, low-land, grass grazing island called Erytheia is here...

Erytheia and Sicily at the Last Glacial Maximum

Erytheia and Sicily at the Younger Dryas

There's a bit of sunken coastline for Tunisia in it. Libya-Nubians are just east.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MapMistress

No, "pelagos" is a term meaning the high seas, navigable, deep ocean waters.

Actually, Pelagos is an island in the Aegean Sea. One of the Sporades islands (aka Kyra Panagia) that used to be connected to Yioura (Gioura) at the LGM. Very important because the region was one of the first colonized by boat groups 10,500-9,500 B.C.E. So mariners with boats/ships on Pelagos go back over 12,000 years.

There is an island in the Indian Ocean calleed "East Island."

When you say "The Sun rises in the East," are you saying the Sun comes from that island?

No.

Pelagos, in Greek, means what I said it means.

Any island named Pelagos by the Greeks was likely called such because it is surrounded by deep water.

Harte

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Parta

Don't know what you point at... But Sphinx is of AE creation, possibly.

in predynastic times, from the delta to the dnz there were people who had migrated from the danube river.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MapMistress

Boy I'm not sure how things got so mixed around on this one. Someone needs to study some geography.

you are never too old to learn but i think its only fair to start a new topic. geryon and gades are great subjects as you can only have found atlantis if you also find the great pen attacked by hercules and the three peaked mountain across the strait where geryon had his fortress. the phoenicians couldn't find either one in spain like you say.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Any island named Pelagos by the Greeks was likely called such because it is surrounded by deep water.

Harte

or shallow water that had once been a plain

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Harte

Have you looked into this island named "Pelagos?"

Surely information regarding the surrounding bathymetric data is online somewhere.

Harte

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Harte

Surely information regarding the surrounding bathymetric data is online somewhere.

Harte

did you in your rush to judgement? i just used the dictionary to determine that it could be either.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Harte

Harte

did you in your rush to judgement? i just used the dictionary to determine that it could be either.

No, not judging at all.

I mean, the Greek term for the Aegean Sea is Egeo Pelagos. That alone is enough to judge on regarding what they meant by "pelagos."

The island by that name is still there. I was just commenting that it should be an easy matter to resolve the source of the name.

Harte

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

No, not judging at all.

I mean, the Greek term for the Aegean Sea is Egeo Pelagos. That alone is enough to judge on regarding what they meant by "pelagos."

The island by that name is still there. I was just commenting that it should be an easy matter to resolve the source of the name.

Harte

you would think that the big news in greece would have been the loss of 10-20km of coastal plain on average. alot of great land lost.

the island in question has quite a wide plain [@-120m] and its connection to the mainland would have been across a swamp or shallow channel in its most challenging areas. you made me look.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join