It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Relationships Between The Nubians & Ancient Egyptians.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
reply to post by thePharaoh

Sorry but Ethiopians warriors do not dress like nubian warriors, they use round shields in contrast to the Nubians oval shield, they don’t wear animal skins around their waist and the headdress is completely different….those images Are of those from nubia and Sudan the enemy of ancient Egypt!

um...the garments on the drawn image might be "accurate" but the maasai mara dude they drew wasnt,

nubians are not a leopard skin wearing, bone in nose characture that your mental state has made up

peace

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
As for saying they are masai warriors from Kenya, sorry Kenyan warriors again look completely different to Nubians, different shields, different headdress etc etc

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

the people of the nile valley would not accept a foreign ruler

HAH!

Tell that to Ptolemy.

Harte

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

HAH!

Tell that to Ptolemy.

Harte

um...ptolemy and alexander the great were considered liberaters, by the egyptians......they were welcomed into upper egypt as heros...in fact they invited alexander in and made him an honourary pharaoh.

THEY WERE SEEN AS "HEROS" WHO DEFEATED THE PERSIANS....do not for one second think that they wre tyrannical rulers ruling over upper egypt..hahaha quite the opposite.

plus ptolemy lived off of alexanders glory....as alexander died in india and didnt return...ptolemy did...and took all the glory (ptolemy was alexander the greats food taster!)

p.s....look at where alexandria is....and look at where thebes is....
the ptolemys (other than the first) never left alexandria...even cleopatra.

peace
edit on 22-11-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

um...ptolemy and alexander the great were considered liberaters, by the egyptians......they were welcomed into upper egypt as heros...in fact they invited alexander in and made him an honourary pharaoh.

THEY WERE SEEN AS "HEROS" WHO DEFEATED THE PERSIANS....do not for one second think that they wre tyrannical rulers ruling over upper egypt..hahaha quite the opposite.

Again:

Apparently, they would, no?

Please don't ignore the AE's "acceptance" of Persian rule, Achaemenid rule (twice), Sassanid and Assyrian conquests, mostly "accepted" by the "people of the Nile."

Quite the opposite of your claim, these "people of the nile" were extraordinarily accepting of foreign rule.

Just like every other ancient culture was.

Modern too, assuming you know about the ruling houses of Europe in (relatively) modern times.

A king is, after all, a king.

Harte

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
A few notes

Harte is correct

Alexander died in Bablyon not India

The Egyptians were rather accepting of outside rule and were ruled by outsiders, Senedjemibre Nakhthorhebyt (343 BC) was AFAIK the last Egyptian Pharoah until modern times when they took up kings for a short period

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Why do you find the hand drawn image of the Nubian “racist” when it is a fair depiction of the photo of the guy immediately below it? He is wearing an animal skin around his waist, an ostrich feather on his head and carrying an oval ox-hide shield….just as his ancestors did!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

the pharaoh...were golden brown coloured skin.... who came from nekhen.....who fought asiatics,
like it or loath it...they are the modern day kanuzi nubians from central egypt.

who moved further south due to suppressive rule from the persians, then the greeks, then romans, then arabs, then ottamans. in fact 2,500 years worth of suppression, oppresion etc

WOW, you mean the same nekhen where they found only cynotrichous hair?

“ Most of the hair samples are cynotrichous (Caucasian) in type as opposed to heliotrichous (Negroid). Though most hair found is a natural dark brown and wavy, one ancient man had curly, naturally red hair.”

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Hehe, you are right, my opinion is that AE had both asiatic and black ancestors and that they were something in the middle of those two. Again, thanks for those pics, I've been looking for them for a long time.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Zander2533

That is of course the 'answer' we'll leave the other two dudes in the thread fighting it out. Nothing like a good 'white' or 'black' argument from a century ago...lol

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Haha, I really don't realize why some people want to claim Egypt as white civ. and others want to claim it as black civ. I mean, it makes no sense because they were actually a mixture of different races.

I love African tribes too but it really makes me kind of angry when some African-Americans post nonsense like Black civilizations of Olmecs, Egyptians, Black Xia and Shang of China and other misleading information.

But that's off topic. Anyway let's hear what they have to say. Curiosity is tickling me hahahahaha

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

I am not saying that Egypt was a white civilization but what I am saying is that it was not a black civilisation (Egyptians are not black!)

In truth you already know why black people are claiming that they built Egypt but If they really did built Egypt then why today are they incapable of building anything, what happened to them?

Well you know how they will answer that…the white man did it to us. In 500 years time are they still going to be talking about slavery and how the white man is stopping them…the answer to that is most probably yes!

That is what afrocentrism is really about and if you dont think so all you need to do is watch a few videos on youtube and listen to them bitch about the white man.

edit on 23-11-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I never said that you were the one trying to say Egypt was white, I was saying that PEOPLE, not you.

I came across many people saying whites created Egypt and blacks are saying that they did. This is what really makes me angry at how ignorant that is.

Egypt was of mixed ethnicity.

Now, as a European, I say that whites absolutely DEMOLISHED african tribes, and still do, look at Horn of Africa, people are starving and whites are taking money, constantly demolishing it. Now, it is not true that black people created nothing, they created a huge spiritual legacy. Also many Nubian pyramids can be found in Nubia, than those churches made of pure stone with stunning precision. And many many other structures, but like Natives of North America, their goal was to live with nature without shaping it, that was their philosophy anyway.

But that's off topic again, we are discussing relationships between AE and Nubian people. I love both and think that both had a good relationship once, and once not, it really depended on the situation.
edit on 23-11-2011 by Zander2533 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

i think you missed it...

...HONORARY pharaohs.....consider it a dual lineage

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

the nile valley wasnt mixed....the delta was.

plus the nubian race fits pefectly between africans and asiatics.

NUB-IAN
golden - people

just make sure you know what types of nubian tribes there are.....
make sure you dont use terms like "nubian" or "kush" who are all post armana descriptions...(armana period was the period of tutankhamuns fathers rule...akhenaten....)

DEFEATED by ay and horemheb...who are black.....

so akhenaten and his son tutankhamun were considered a contraversial duo...by the upper egyptian amun cult.
probably why the eurocentrics centre their studies around this pharaoh.

peace

peace

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I do not know at what you point to but I know for sure that ancient Egyptians were neither white or black but something in between.

Just take a look at their pictures and how they depicted themselves, color of their skin is like that of Arabs or Native Americans, that tells you all, and look how they depicted Nubian people (black people), with pure black color, and white people with very very light yellow-reddish color...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

So what about Eurocentrics?

Plus, you still haven't given me the definition of 'black'. I never said the ancient Egyptians were 'black' or 'white'. They were obviously people of color who were indigenous Africans. Do you realize that Africans are the most diverse group of people on this planet? You showed so many pictures of 'Nubians', well why did you refrain from showing these? Stop cherry picking!

What about the Beja people who reside in parts of Egypt, Eritrea and Sudan?

edit on 11/23/2011 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/23/2011 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Oh no the Nile valley wasn't mixed, even though all the hair samples taken from nekhen were of the Caucasian type

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS

Oh no the Nile valley wasn't mixed, even though all the hair samples taken from nekhen were of the Caucasian type

??..i cant even dignify that with an answer...so....burrrrp!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

Most of those pictures you show are clearly people of Arab origin, those are not Nubians!

When you say don't be selective with your pictures what are you actually talking aboutt! the pictures I showed were to show how warriors from nudia/sudan dressed and to prove that those images of battles were Egyptians fighting nubians .why would I be showing people who are not warriors, try to keep up. Afrocentrists basically dont want to say those images are of nubians even though that is the official and correct interpretation. I do understand why, because it screws up the false history they want to present.

Personally I am more interested where the netjeru whos later descendent were the Pharaohs. The Edfu text tells us that they were NOT from Egypt but that they were the survivors from an Island in the West that was destroyed by a flood....Basically Atlantis.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join