It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Relationships Between The Nubians & Ancient Egyptians.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
nice job love the thread i tell this story to folks all the time some beleive some disagree
Till you show them the proof long live the moors
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 18-11-2011 by yogi9969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Just a side question

If someone has a white and black parent do you consider them black or white?

1. Now their child has a child who is 1/4

2. Now their child has a child who is 1/8

3. Now their child has a child who is 1/16

4. Now their child has a child who is 1/32

5. Now their child has a child who is 1/64

6. w their child has a child who is 1/128

You'll note I did't state what 'race' this percentage is because it is unimportant. The question is; at what point is the minority race no longer considered the 'race' of the progeny?

there is a fundemental point that your missing out...the egyptian royal lineage had the same issue which you mentioned....

with egyptian religion and science, the egyptian royalty had their own way keeping the bloodline pure.
but this happened in a different way than you might think,
they basically ended up with this simple model:

maitrachy

the divine rulers mother, must be from the great house (upper egyptian bloodline)
the father how ever...could be from anywhere!!
the womb that created the king is the only thing that mattered

the paitrachal movement...led to the above issue you asked....which happened in the new kingdom, when the word pharaoh (great house) was not used anymore....which was the time of tutankhamun...

due to paitrachy, and the king having many foreign corcubines...nearly every child of his had a claim to the throne.....

but as a maitrachy...this was not an issue.....

ramsees the great had many wives...only the upper egyptian was considered his offical wife and their children held the high postitions...built her a temple of hathor....ie divine mother

khafre and djedfre.....difference was mothers...one was more accepted than the other

tutankamuns father...akhenaten...was a pure paitrachal movement..(hence him appearing like a female - creative powers).....so akhenatens children werre not considered divine....tutankaten...a child from an upper egyptian worker....was considered a divine ruler......became tutankhamun by the amun cult and ruled

only because his mother was considered a divine mother (hathor)......

edit on 19-11-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The AE tended to marry their own sisters and taken concubines; some of whose sons (and the odd daughter) became pharoah

That aside try answering the original question; at what point does a minority 'race' cease to be the race of person?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The AE tended to marry their own sisters and taken concubines; some of whose sons (and the odd daughter) became pharoah

That aside try answering the original question; at what point does a minority 'race' cease to be the race of person?

but then we are not looking at it like the egyptians did.

to answer your question...in biology...never...though....melonin...dominant....
when it comes to race...the dark gene dominates the light gene...
so you can graph light skin people over generations, but to purify it...never...you can only change the mental state.

as a nubian..we dont marry out the race....once someone does...theyr children will be in a new bracket...
when it came to rule...they are second to a "pure" race person

peace

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Well if we go back far enough we are all 'Africans', but the AE didn't know they lived on continent that would later be called Africa

theyr children will be in a new bracket...

Would one put those Ancient Egyptians in a 'new bracket' as you say?
edit on 19/11/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Well if we go back far enough we are all 'Africans', but the AE didn't know they lived on continent that would later be called Africa

they would be members of the state, but not the ruling elite...

the people of the nile valley would not accept a foreign ruler

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

they would be members of the state, but not the ruling elite...

the people of the nile valley would not accept a foreign ruler

You avoided the question again, its obvious your world would collapse around you if you did, lol

Yes the AE were ancient Egyptians, they were obviously a mixture of 'white' and 'black'; I wouldn't assign them to either group as those groups are artifical constructs as is the geographical entity known now as Africa.

Well think on my question and when you are willing to answer it - at least to yourself - you'll have an epiphany

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

You avoided the question again, its obvious your world would collapse around you if you did, lol

Yes the AE were ancient Egyptians, they were obviously a mixture of 'white' and 'black'; I wouldn't assign them to either group as those groups are artifical constructs as is the geographical entity known now as Africa.

Well think on my question and when you are willing to answer it - at least to yourself - you'll have an epiphany

??...i thought i did answer the question....but your not listening
they are nubians....what you would call..afro asiatics.
neither white or black....nubian

remember your going back 5000 years....people werent as mixed as they are today...plus...due to distance, its only right to look at the local climate....which means they were black....

plus 2,500 years of cross breeding with libyans, persians, greek, arabs and ottamans....the modern egyptian is a long distance away from the AE.

except for nubians, who dont CROSS breed....they are reltivley a pure race.

peace

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

??...i thought i did answer the question....but your not listening
they are nubians....what you would call..afro asiatics.
neither white or black....nubian

remember your going back 5000 years....people werent as mixed as they are today...plus...due to distance, its only right to look at the local climate....which means they were black....

plus 2,500 years of cross breeding with libyans, persians, greek, arabs and ottamans....the modern egyptian is a long distance away from the AE.

except for nubians, who dont CROSS breed....they are reltivley a pure race.

peace

Still avoiding the question, the AE thought they were well AE and they had a different name for those in Nubia

Now try answering the question

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

to get factual...they were known as..."the mysterious A group"....i will look for a site with info for you

also the medjai...army etc...all modern day nubians..
back then they were villages/nomes on the nile..khemet...kush and punt...all three are different types of nubians

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Thepharaoh you are just totally deluded, the Nubians did NOT rule of build ancient Egypt(apart from the latter days when Egypt was already dead) and they were actually the enemy of Egyptians which is why forts were built to keep the out.

Egyptians depict themselves quite differently then they do the Nubians and lets not forget the battle scenes showing Egyptians charging into battle against the Nubians, not to mention the images of Nubians chained together to be made slaves.

I can see you clearly “NEED” this but unfortunately this fairy tale of yours is just pure bull of the most concentrated form

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

You're back AGAIN, writing up more NONSENSE.

Throughout the history of ancient Egypt there were numerous, well documented instances that celebrate Nubian-Egyptian marriages. A study of these documents, particularly those dated to both the Egyptian New Kingdom (after 1550 B.C.E.) and to Dynasty XXV and early Dynasty XXVI (about 720-640 BCE),reveals that neither spouse nor any of the children of such unions suffered discrimination at the hands of the ancient Egyptians. Indeed such marriages were never an obstacle to social, economic, or political status, provided the individuals concerned conformed to generally accepted Egyptian social standards. Furthermore, at times, certain Nubian practices, such as tattooing for women, and the unisex fashion of wearing earrings, were wholeheartedly embraced by the ancient Egyptians." (Bianchi, 2004: p. 4)

Keep reading, I'm not done yet. (I didn't say skim over this)

'It is an extremely difficult task to attempt to describe the Nubians during the course of Egypt's New Kingdom, because their presence appears to have virtually evaporated from the archaeological record. The result has been described as a wholesale Nubian assimilation into Egyptian society. (Bianchi, 2004, p. 99-100)

"the XIIth Dynasty (1991-1786 B.C.E.) originated from the Aswan region.4 As expected, strong Nubian features and dark coloring are seen in their sculpture and relief work. This dynasty ranks as among the greatest, whose fame far outlived its actual tenure on the throne." (F. J. Yurco, 'Were the ancient Egyptians black or white?', Biblical Archaeology Review (Vol 15, no. 5, 1989)

And I'm still waiting for an answer as to why King Ramses II is painted with the same skin color as roughly half of the Nubians.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Syrian, Nubian, Libyan and Egyptian

Libyan, Nubian, Syrian, Shasu Bedouin, and Hittite

Race as you know is a social construct........
edit on 22/11/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Hey Hanslune, great pictures, man.

I've seen similar one comparing how ancient Egyptians depicted themselves, Nubians and Lybians, I think i even found a depiction of Hebrew people.

Now this topic is interesting, I saw a people saying ancient Egyptians did not build Giza Pyramids and Sphinx, which is misleading, Sphinx's head is made in Egyptian way, you can see a same thing with Tutankhamun's mask.

Same crown, look at these:

King Tut:

upload.wikimedia.org...

Sphinx:

www.guardians.net...

Egypt might be older than we thought...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Not only have the Nubians been identified as the enemy of Egypt by name, yes by “name” on inscriptions found on the forts built to keep them out but we know what warriors from nubia and Sudan look like and can identify them easily in Egyptian art much in the same way you could identify roman soldiers or any people in antiquity.

Nubian warriors wear animal skins around their waist, they have long oval ox-hide shields and they wear a single ostrich feather either attached to their head or a type of hat made from skin.

If you go to Sudan/nubia even today during a festive gathering you can see the wrestlers/warriors still dressed like this….we know exactly who they are and they were not the ones who built Egypt!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS

Thepharaoh you are just totally deluded, the Nubians did NOT rule of build ancient Egypt(apart from the latter days when Egypt was already dead) and they were actually the enemy of Egyptians which is why forts were built to keep the out.

Egyptians depict themselves quite differently then they do the Nubians and lets not forget the battle scenes showing Egyptians charging into battle against the Nubians, not to mention the images of Nubians chained together to be made slaves.

I can see you clearly “NEED” this but unfortunately this fairy tale of yours is just pure bull of the most concentrated form

ahhhh...im gonna rip my hair out...

it was not "nubians" that were the enemy....it was "Punt"......
nubian is a modern word....so how could the pharaohs be fighting nubians??

the nile valley....kush....and punt.......are all labelled "nubian" by modern egyptologists. in fact 5 modren countries, with all their tribes, are labelled "nubian"

the pharaoh...were golden brown coloured skin.... who came from nekhen.....who fought asiatics,
like it or loath it...they are the modern day kanuzi nubians from central egypt.

who moved further south due to suppressive rule from the persians, then the greeks, then romans, then arabs, then ottamans. in fact 2,500 years worth of suppression, oppresion etc

peace
edit on 22-11-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS

THATS NOT A NUBIAN FROM EGYPT!!!!

THATS A KENYAN, OR ETHIOPIAN....I WOULDNT EVEN SAY HE`S SUDANESE....

typical racist ass historians.....since when did a nubian look like the maasai mara...

the nubians look like the images we see...golden brown, tall, slim,.... nubian...

nubian = golden people
not african tribe people lolololol

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Zander2533

The images I posted along with an earlier question point to the reality of the situation

AE had 'some' 'black' ancestors (well everybody does) however they differentiated themselves from their 'blacker' associates to the south. If one goes on skin colour then the Melanesia people are also 'black' and African.

Bascially you have people attempting to use European and Middle-Eastern 17-19th century social concepts to make some point, valid perhaps back then, but woefully outdated and, well, a bit silly now.

Just an amusing aside the AE also showed women to be a lighter shade- were they a separate race? lol

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

reply to post by Zander2533

Just an amusing aside the AE also showed women to be a lighter shade- were they a separate race? lol

brilliant comment!!

there are 4 men in my family (incl me)
and 4 women.

all the men are dark.......all the women are light
people think my sisters are mixed race.....

nubian skin colour varies drastically, from very light, to dark black ......but the features are the same

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Sorry but Ethiopians warriors do not dress like nubian warriors, they use round shields in contrast to the Nubians oval shield, they don’t wear animal skins around their waist and the headdress is completely different….those images Are of those from nubia and Sudan the enemy of ancient Egypt!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join